When you call, mention priority code 20J-TL1T

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Dot Deluxe

Built to the same dimensions as vintage ES-style semi-hollow guitars, the Epiphone Dot Deluxe electric rocks Alnico Classic humbuckers for full-range tone.

"A long time coming." submitted October 8, 2018

By Ocean L in Spring Valley, CA
Overall
Musical Background: I play for myself but I hope to start recording my own stuff soon. As soon as I get all necessary equipment.
Music Style: I play mostly hard and a bit of metal.
Sound: This thing has a pretty versatile sound and is a pretty good jack of all trades. The exception maybe being metal, it's not in impossible but not optimal. You can get really good blues and jazz tones out of it but also capable of playing hard rock. Feature: The features on this guitar are pretty standard for a guitar of it's type. Really nothing special. Just two volume nobs, two tone nobs and a pick up selector. Ease of Use: This guitar feels good to play. I've heard some people say this guitar is pretty heavy but I'm a pretty petite girl and I find this guitar to be lighter than my ESP. The body shape isn't contoured the same way as most other guitars which may throw some people off if they've never played a semi-hollow. I didn't mind it though, I didn't have any discomfort playing it at all actually. Quality: Quality of the bulid is quite stunning. It's a well made guitar and I got all gitty when I got it. Value: For the cost of about $500 I say this guitar is worth the price. It's about $50 more than the average Dot though so keep that in mind. Manufacturer Support: I haven't had to deal with them yet but when I do, I'll update this review. The Wow Factor: Definitely the most stunning feature of this guitar is the finish. It's what sold me on the this version. I'm a sucker for the colour blue. So this definitely wowed me with it's Blueburst finish. Overall: I've always wanted an ES-335. Unfortunately I don't have $1,400 to spare and I didn't want to lock myself a payment plan that could potentially ruin my credit. So instead I settled for a Dot. I got my guitar last Friday and I've been playing it non-stop since then. This is an amazing guitar for the price. Obviously it's not going to be exactly like ES-335 but it's perfect for what it is. If you can afford to get an ES-335 instead than definitely get that guitar instead. If you're like me though and can't afford to do that, than this is a good alternative.

"Jury is still out on this one...." submitted September 20, 2018

By Jim D in Ft. Mitchell, KY
Overall
Musical Background: Playing for 10 years......Fender MIM Strat and Tele, Gibson Les Paul Classic, Gretsch Dbl Jet, Epiphone Masterbuilt DR500
Music Style: Rock, Country, Blues
Overall: First let me say this...I have had great experiences with zZounds over the years. I have bought and received fantastic Fender Deluxe Mexican Stratocaster and Fender Mexican Player Telecaster. Very satisfied with the quality and set up of both. Superb. Wouldn't trade them for any American i have tried at the store. Also had great experience with a nice Gretsch double jet........So, when i was recently in the market for a semi or full hollow body I tried several at the local store. Ephiphone Dot, Ephiphone Casino and Epiphone ES 335. I didn't really like the ES 335 nor the Dot. Didn't like the feel of the neck. Was more of a fan of the Casino, priced a few hundred dollars more, but the neck was sweet, easy playability. I was set on buying the Casino until i saw these new Dot Deluxe's with these unique aquamarine and burstblue finishes. I made the mistake of falling for the "look"...the flame top, the color... Since the price was relatively inexpensive and zZounds is great with returns i thought i would take a chance. I received the Aquamarine Epiphone Limited Dot Deluxe yesterday. Initially, at first look, i was really happy with the purchase. It looked unique...looked good. Then i tuned it up. The action was a little high for my taste and the fret buzz on the sixth and fifth strings at the fifth and sixth frets were annoying. Upon closer inspection, the finish was ok, no major flaws..but just felt 'cheap".The flame top veneer.....upon closer look, not so good....didn't look real....but i guess veneer isn't real? So what did i expect. But i digress. i could accept a few flaws as long as the guitar played well. However, this one doesn't. I am thinking of taking it in and seeing if it can be set up and eliminate the fret buzz. I am hopeful it is just some minor needed adjustment and not a warped neck. Speaking of the neck...this one is a slim tapered neck...but in the C shape profile. I don't mind the slim taper until you get up to the first through 3rd frets....a little too narrow for my taste. But that is my fault for not playing it in the store before purchasing. Finally, i plugged it into my Marshall Code and put it through the paces. Pickups not as hot as advertised....seemed dull both in bridge and neck pickups and together. Tried it clean and dirty. Clean seemed to respond better....brighter. Long story short, i would not recommend buying this guitar unless you go play it first. Shame on me for not doing just this, as it is something i have learned the hard way over the years.Don't get seduced by the flame veneer unique color finishes.....make sure you love it just as a good playin guitar first.......I will update my post after my luthier takes a shot at getting the set up right. I am still holding out hope it will turn out ok. Final note; i must say that i am much more impressed with how Fender has been able to make a high quality guitar through Mexico...and Gretsch can through Korea vs. these Epiphone Chinese guitars...huge quality difference. Love to hear how others feel about their Epiphone Dot Deluxe purchase.

When you call, mention priority code 20J-TL1T. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST