When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-4C8L

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Frampton Les Paul

Hand-signed by Peter himself, this Epiphone Les Paul Custom PRO is a faithful recreation of Peter Frampton's iconic modded, lightweight 1954 Les Paul.

"Impressed!" submitted October 3, 2018

By Bruce T in Rio Rancho, NM
Musical Background: Professionally
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, Southern Rock
Overall: I received the Peter Frampton Les Paul today. I was a little worried about this guitar but was totally impressed after a very detailed inspection after reading Tony's September 29th review.All of the issues that Tony shared in the September 29th review were absent in my guitar. The quality was outstanding and I am so glad for this as I was preparing myself to send it back if it wasn't as I expected. I have purchased numerous Epiphone's over the years and I always found the quality to be above standard. This is one of the most expensive guitars I have purchased aside from my Gibson VOS Ace Frehley Budakon Les Paul back in 2012. I feel it is worth the cost and it will hold it's value for the future if taken care of.I feel I received a great guitar as a fairly good price considering the case, extra special items and a limited 200 count due to the signature on the back of the headstock. I do agree with Tony, the Sept 29th reviewer that creating a numbering system like he described would had made the guitar that much more special (ex. 65 of 200).. but its not a big deal for me although it would had been a nice touch. The tuning pegs were installed securely, the nut cut correctly and no overspray on the binding. Everything was perfect on this guitar.The guitar is light due to the weight relief body. It's a little different than I am used to as I prefer Pauls to be heavy and I personally like that... but I feel the guitar adds a special touch to the tones that is puts out in a Marshall. The fret work is acceptable but a smoother dressed frets on the ebony board would had been nice. I actually prefer dunlop 6100's and might have this guitar professionally refretted. The guitar is very versatile and I like having the middle pickup as a blending pickup for the bridge and/or neck. I have this same configuration on some of my other Les Pauls as well. The finish is flawless and the tone of the guitar through my Marshall is full with a nice bite. The clean setting does provide some nice Strat styled clean tones as Tony indicated that but it is not quite like a Strat. The only thing I wish that could had been included was a creme pick guard for a three pickup Les Paul. I can always purchase one but that option would had been nice for those who prefer that look.The case is solid and made well. I cant complain and I am glad as my heart was set to enjoy this guitar from the time I opened it and played it. This is a guitar that I will use for my gigs and enjoy. I look forward to many years of enjoyment with this guitar. All I can say to Tony is to return yours and request another... it may appear that someone in the factory was either a rookie or some of the earlier models were not up to the standard. I would request another one if I were you as I am extremely happy with mine. zZounds will make it right.. I have bought from them for years and they are top notch in Customer Service.Great guitar for the value.. I am impressed!!

"Epiphone Les Paul Peter Frampton" submitted October 10, 2018

By Kyle Barker in Anderson, AL
Music Style: Hard rock/ blues/ metal
Overall: I got this guitar from zZounds and service with them was great. As far as the Epiphone goes, it was set up perfectly and intonated perfectly from epiphone. This was impressive coming from epiphone. The pickups are very impressive for being a lower end. If there had been an upgraded wiring harness then I’m sure they would have sounded better. This is a huge win for epiphone. Keep producing this kind of quality!

"Terribly disappointed :-(" submitted September 29, 2018

By Tony L in Sykesville, MD
Overall
Musical Background: Professional musician, several commercial releases.
Sound: Great Strat-ish tones with all 3 pickups on playing clean. Nice surprise. Feature: Having the middle pickup on it's own master volume allows you to blend it in with the other two pickups for some interesting sounds. Ease of Use: Pretty straight forward. Quality: Poor, poor quality, ESPECIALLY for a guitar costing over $1000 dollars. Almost as poor as very entry-level Epiphone models. Value: Bad value. For this price, you can buy a Gibson Studio model, and there are many other manufacturers that make great guitars for this same amount of money. This is not a high quality guitar. Manufacturer Support: Have not dealt with the company. Don't think they would be very helpful with poor quality complaints. The Wow Factor: Looks awesome if you want to hang it on your wall. Not so much if you actually want to play it. Overall: As a huge Frampton fan, I preordered this guitar, because I wanted one of the Limited Edition first 200 models. Now, I do realize this isn't the $3500 Gibson Custom Shop model. I own one of those, and it's great, but I don't gig with it. I thought this would be a cool collectable guitar with a signed COA by Frampton himself, and a guitar I could take to gigs if I wanted. I assumed that at this price point, ($1100 bucks) the quality was going to be along the line of the "high-end" Epiphones like the Epiphone Elitist series.I was wrong.Out of the case the guitar played poorly, but you almost always have to tweak a factory setup right? This led to more issues. The neck had excessive relief and needed a little straightening. When I took the truss rod cover off, the truss rod nut rolled out of the cavity and on to the floor...It wasn't even threaded on to the truss rod! After I fixed that, I straightened the neck just a hair to get started, and there was way too much fret buzz, and there's still way more relief than there should be. The strings sit WAY too high in the nut, so the nut will have to be recut. There's glue on the fretboard around some of the inlays. The machine head nuts were all loose. There's burrs on the pickup bezels, and overspray on the binding. Now I'd expect this from a lower-end Epiphone..that's just their build quality. But for over $1000 bucks, this thing should not have these kinds of issues.To add insult to injury, this guitar is supposed to be one of only 200 made. Instead of something like "Number 65 of 200" etc on the Certificate of Authenticity, there's a ridiculously long serial number with a postage stamp-sized signature from Peter Frampton. (if it's even a signature, it could just be printed) Nothing at all to show me this is one of a Limited Edition of 200 guitars. I worked with the guitar for over two hours to get it set up to play halfway decent, including a fret leveling and dressing. I REALLY wanted to love this guitar. At best, after all the work, it plays "ok." The whole guitar has a cheap feel to it when playing. It really feels like a beginner's Epiphone.How does it sound? Not too bad, there's some nice almost-Strat-ish tones when you have all 3 pickups on playing clean, and that's nice. (Oddly enough, it's wired differently than the Gibson Frampton model) But you should WANT to play your new guitar. Do I want to play this one? Not really.Now, I will say it looks FANTASTIC, not taking into consideration inlay glue or overspray. If you're a huge Frampton fan like me, or a collector, and want to hang this on your wall, it'll look great and your friends will love it. But if you actually want to PLAY it or maybe even gig with it? You're going to be disappointed. Maybe I just got a bad one, but I don't think so...I think that's just the build quality of this line. The only reason it doesn't get shipped back is because after all, I AM a big Frampton fan, and this will look nice on my wall. But I doubt if I'll play it much, if at all. And again, at this price point, Epiphone could have done a much better job on these. Maybe you'll love yours. I do not love mine.

"Exceptional" submitted December 7, 2018

By Pat Thomas in Pittsburgh, PA
Musical Background: Drummer with a Gibson fetish, Hobbyist
Music Style: Classic rock
Overall: Pre-ordered mine in October and received it November 11th. Everything was in perfect perfectect form from finish to set up. Absolutely flawless in every way. The only con I can see is that it’s a little pricey. I thought the headstock was signed but I think it’s a spray on or decal of some sort. I’m also a little concerned that if there is only 200 with a COA then how can these still be available? Anyway, I think it’s an outstanding instrument from Epiphone and I’m completely satisfied. I have several Gibson’s and this is my second Epiphone. I find their quality to be a fantastic value. I will never be afraid to buy one. My Epi ES-339 Pro is also one of my favorites. Thanks zZounds and Epiphone! You won’t regret it if you get it!!!!!

When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-4C8L. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST