Epiphone Exclusive 1959 Les Paul Standard (with Case)

Epiphone Exclusive 1959 Les Paul Standard (with Case)

Created in partnership with the Gibson Custom Shop, this recreation of a genuine 1959 Les Paul Standard comes in our exclusive Aged Southern Fade finish.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted December 7, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Epiphone 1959 Les Paul reissue"
I received this guitar last week. I became aware that Epiphone was doing a 59 reissue in conjunction with the Gibson custom shop in January of this year, almost 12 months ago, as this is December. I had been watching and anxiously awaiting the opportunity to order one! I REALLY didn’t need another guitar, let alone another Les Paul ( I own 3). But I have to say, this is simply spectacular! I can’t find a flaw ! Fretwork, binding, routing! Everything is very, very clean! Sounds great, feels and plays great! I am a fan of 50’s style neck profiles, so I feel right at home on this! I could go on and on, but I will sum it up like this. I believe this is as close to owning/playing a custom shop Gibson R9 as you can come, without shelling out 4 -6 k! As always, I never thought twice about ordering this through zZounds, as I knew that if there was a problem, or even if I didn’t like it, there would be NO problem returning it! Simply the best music company to buy from PERIOD !
21 of 21 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 1, 2021 by a customer from verizon.net
"The Best "Bang for the Buck" Guitar I Have Ever Owned"
First let me break down why this guitar is such an incredible value. The closest guitar to this would be the Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50s, which is $599. Add to that an Epiphone hardshell case for $129, add $350 for a set of Gibson Burstbucker 2 & 3s, add $24 for a Switchcraft toggle switch, $5 for the output jack, and $30 for the CTS pots that would be the "upgrades" to roughly bring the Standard 50s to the specs of the 1959 Les Paul Standard. That total would be almost $1,140.Now thanks to the Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard, you get a guitar that comes with those upgrades for only $799, plus a long neck tenon, a two piece mahogany body that doesn't have that terrible looking veneer on the back, and the aged gloss finish, which I personally would just call a matte finish, nothing about it really appears as an aged gloss but it does feel fantastic on the neck and appears to be thinner than the standard gloss finish that Epiphone uses.Of course when it comes to quality control, at least my example has the typical Epiphone tell tales, the masking on the binding is sloppy and not scraped and there are uneven spots in the finish at points, but that being said this is also the first Epiphone I have ever owned that I have been able to get down to an action that I like without leveling and crowning the frets. The frets were still scratchy but after a half hour of polishing they're good to go.So bottom line, for $799 you can't beat this guitar. Is it as good as any of my Gibsons? No, but it also costs a fraction of the price and it would be crazy to expect Custom Shop or even Gibson USA quality out of a $799 guitar, but for an Epiphone, I would consider this the best of the best.Also as a side note because others may have the same plan I did to upgrade the components to make it look more like a '59: the pickup rings Epiphone uses on the guitar are actually much larger than Gibson pickup rings, so when I went to switch them out with a spare set of butyrate M-69 ring clones I had I found that not only do the mounting screw holes not line up, but the entire pickup route is actually bigger than the Gibson pickup rings, so replacing them is not an option. I did however replace the switch ring, truss rod cover, bridge, and tailpiece and it does look a lot more "authentic" now.
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 20, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com in Rose Hill, KS
"Beyond Impressed"
I steered clear of LP's after I had purchased a Gibson LP a few years ago. It wasn't a higher end model, but certainly more than any Epi model, past or present. It always sounded muddy and dull. I ended up selling that one. My interest in Epi LP's has peeked again with their new releases that have improved parts and, based on reviews, a new attention to quality control. This 1959 reissue caught my eye and when zZounds put up their exclusive color I had to give it a shot. I waited for over three weeks before i received my first one, which I had to promptly send back as the headstock was split from the neck. From what i could tell, it was where it may have been glued, but i'm not sure. Not zZounds fault. I was willing to wait for another one to be sent. So glad I did. The sound is clear and articulate, even on the neck pickup. The notes are defined and can go from nice cleans to mean and dirty. The case is an added bonus and they certainly did not go cheap on the case either. The only flaw that i saw was there was a little overpaint on the underside of the neck where it meets the body. Negligible and does not detract from the overall quality of the guitar. Neck was spot on. Intonation as well. The frets are smooth and polished. I adjusted the action down a little, but that is just to taste. It was playable out of the box. Do not wait until these are gone. This is one of those "keeper" guitars.
rock, blues, hard rock, alt rock
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 9, 2021 by Bryan F in Waveland, MS
"Pretty nice 59' Les Paul Replica by Epiphone"
I received my Epiphone 59' les Paul Southern fade a few weeks ago and it's a pretty nice playing guitar mine showed up with some flaws a small dent in the bottom side near the input jack and some paint on the binding in a few place , but it's still a great sounding and looking Les Paul , I really dig the VOS Like Finish , feels really smooth once it's been cleaned and polished with some Dunlop Guitar Polish, oiled the fretboard which looks just like rosewood and it really looks good. The Frets were pretty clean , I polished them up as well and will have the defects repaired , I also replaced the bridge and bridge studs with USA small post conversion bushings I got from Philadelphia luthier supplies, they look the part and work perfect , THIS GUITAR SOUNDS KILLER !!! With the Gibson Burstbucker Pups , especially that neck pickup , the case is also very retro looking with the pink lining and built like a tank, all in all I'm pretty happy with this very limited Edition 60th Anniversary 1959 Epiphone Les Paul Standard.Zzounds also gave me a discount to keep it with the defects because there was not anymore in stock and ya never know when they will be gone , so I kept it , they really are nice guitars for the price it's insane what you get . Grab one before they are gone.
Guitarist, singer /songwriter , Drummer since the early 1980's
The Beatles, doors , Oasis, 60's 80's and 90's pop and Rock
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 7, 2020 by Gary T in Sandy, UT
"Epiphone 59 les Paul"
Received the aged southern fade today, I own a 50s epiphone as well as as a 60s both from zZounds both are outstanding guitars, I expected the 59 to be about the same with the added luxury of the Gibson pickups. The 59 is much more the finish is unbelievable and the quality is far beyond past Epiphone guitars. As a touring musician I really try not to take the vintage guitars out on the road. This new 59 without doubt will tour with me. The sound of this guitar about the same as my Gibson Historic les Paul. I am still blown away by the sound most will not hear a difference. The lifting style case is an added bonus for sure. You cannot go wrong with your his guitar for the money. It is by far the best playing and best sounding I have ever played
Touring musician 30 years
Blues rock
10 of 11 people (91%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 14, 2021 by a customer from aol.com
"Love it!"
So 1st off I love the finish on this thing. The neck is fat and odd feeling at 1st. After a few days it becomes so comfortable it's hard to express to you in words. I have a bond with this guitar. I like the case, the neck, the finish, the switchcraft switch and input jack, the tuning keys, and the gibson pots feel great too. Heck I am even a fan of the knuckle bleeders. The pickups even though the are gibson are coming out. I'm slapping in the SD hotrod pack. I just love those so.. its a very tone preference. Not that the tone is bad. If your looking for that paf tone.. this is it. Anyways I give it 9.5 out of 10. Best epiphone I have ever touched.