Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar (with Case)

Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar (with Case)

The look, feel, and sound of a '59 Les Paul at a fraction of the price! Designed in conjunction with the Gibson Custom Shop, this Epi LP is fit for royalty.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted December 28, 2020 by Timbo P in Marshall, IL
"Best guitar I've ever played under $1,000. Period."
As a fan of the Epiphone Les Paul (this one makes it my 9th total, including Custom, 60s tribute outfit, and multiplestandards) I was extremely excited to purchase this one as soon as I heard about it. You kidding? Gibson custom shop! And Epiphone! Hell yeah! And a 59 burst! Sign me up every time! I was a little hesitant about the 50s profile neck but I must say it isn't as big as some I have played before. In fact, its actually very comfortable. The Gibson pick ups and hardware is what really makes this bad boy scream! The tone from the maple cap on top of a mahogany body and neck sets this one apart from my previous les paul purchases. This one is my go to guitar. Sits beside my bed where I can pick it up whenever the inspiration hits. Starting at less than a 1000 bucks, you'll waste a lot of time you could've spent playing this one looking for one that is better quality and better overall. With 32 years experience, I can say, without a doubt, this is the best guitar I've ever played under $1,000. Period.
amazing! The nasally tone you expect from a Les Paul is right at home with this one.
over all very satisfied
if you have half a clue about how a guitar works, you can play this one
tuners are a little weak, but I'm not planning on replacing them until one breaks, and they will break
absolutely
not with this instrument
Gibson pick ups
I'm 46, divorced, raising kids as a single parent and actively trying to make myself a better player
rock-from AC-DC to ZZTOP and just about every little and band in between
27 of 27 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 13, 2020 by a customer from icloud.com
"A 59 For a Nice Price"
This is a nicely put together guitar. The neck feels very good, nice & smooth. It is nice & thick to the point of almost chunky, which is to my liking. The sustain is excellent, in fact it is actually a little better than my high end guitar. The pickups are wonderfully clear when clean & have that classic grunt & growl when you add some dirt. Fit & finish is excellent on mine. I would definitely recommend getting one before they stop production on this particular model.
25 of 26 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 25, 2021 by Lenny S in Essex, MD
"'59 Les Paul Standard"
I've had this guitar for a few months now and I feel like I can offer a fair opinion:Overall: I gave this guitar 5 stars overall. I am very, very impressed. Features: 5 stars. This "outfit" comes with a period correct case that's really, really cool. Pink "velvet" with what appears to be brushed nickel latches. Can be locked, natch. The guitar comes with Switchcraft switch and jack. Gibson Burstbucker pickups, which sound sooooooo good. A 2 in the neck and a 3 in the bridge. CTS pots and period correct wiring. Really, really nice. It comes with the long neck tenon, which improves the sustain of the instrument. I found out that since the originals came out all those years ago, not too many Gibson Les Pauls have the long neck tenon. So, it's kind of special. The finish is kind of satin. I think they were going for a vintage nitro effect. I like it myself. The flame veneer is beautiful. They did a great job on it. Time will tell with the Epiphone Deluxe tuners, which look to be copies of Klusons.Quality: 4 1/2 stars. I think that, for the most part, Epiphone hit this one out of the park. So, I'll describe here what I didn't care for. The frets, which are vintage correct narrow tall, are very gritty and there was a little glue that was still soft that came out on the fretboard. It was easily wiped away but I am going to get the frets polished. I would pay to have them plekked if my guitar guy were to recommend it. In addition, I had to make an adjustment to the bridge, which was very high on the low E side.Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to call, but I can't see messing up the score because of that.Sound: 5 stars. Man, this thing sure sounds good. I can't believe the tones I'm getting. Too many to mention here. This is the real deal.Ease of Use. 4 1/2 stars. See quality. Other than that, it's been fantastic.Value: 5 stars. I feel like I stole this. $800 bucks for a gibson quality guitar AND A HARD CASE. Are you kidding me?The Wow Factor: 5 stars. This thing blew me away visually and then sonically. I can't recommend it highly enough. If you don't order one, you will regret it. This is going to be like the Joe Perry "Boneyard" guitar from years ago or the Gary Clark Jr. Casino more recently. You can hardly find these guitars on the used market and this one is going to be like that.
I'm sixty-three. Rediscovering guitar, bass, and drums after putting it away for many years.
Blues, rock, r & b, prog rock, Motown, Jazz, Funk.

Submitted January 13, 2021 by James H in Staten Island, NY
"Awesome!!!"
I received mine in aged dark burst a few days ago & I was blown away. The guitar is beautiful & quality all the way. The finish is fantastic. It's nice & heavy like a Les Paul should be. With the Gibson pickups & CTS, Mallory & Switchcraft electronics, this is a top shelf guitar. I couldn't be happier. I'm trying to figure out how to get the aged heritage cherry burst also without the wife having a fit!! I would give it 10 stars if I could.
Been playing for fun for 43 years.
Rock, classic rock, metal.

Submitted January 20, 2021 by a customer from yahoo.com
"High Quality Les Paul"
I’ve been playing Gibson Les Paul’s for over 20 years. I was hesitant to buy an Epiphone because I know what a difference the pickups and hardware make on the guitar. However I purchased this guitar because it has Gibson Burstbuckers, Gibson pots and switches. I’ve never liked this style of tuners but these things stay in tune great. They are also very smooth. There is nothing I can’t do on this guitar that I can do on my regular Gibson. I’ll be playing the hell out of this guitar. It has the full Gibson tone with that brightness from the maple also. I can get amazing squeals and tight heavy shred tones. I really have no complaints. If you can get your hands on one of these do it. You will not regret.

Submitted March 5, 2021 by Richard F in San Antonio, TX
"Epiphone limited edition1959 Les Paul"
Just received my guitar.When opening the case, my eyes were just amazed of the beauty and workmanship of this guitar.I've owned a lot of guitars especially Epiphone.This one is detailed and fine.I really appreciate Gibson working With Epiphone on putting this Reissue into my handsLove this 59 Epiphone 59 Les Paul
Classic Rock
My style. In music is from early RUSH, Pink Floyd, Foghat,The Rolling Stones,Led Zeppelin, Blue Oyster Cult,Peter Frampton ,Bad

Submitted March 9, 2021 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Guitar Heaven"
Absolutely amazing classic Gibson Les Paul sound. Solid piece of wood, no weight relief crap. Sustain will last for days. I have average size hands, no long bony fingers and was a little worried about the neck but now that I've played it there is no going back. So much easier to play. I have several Gibson and Epiphone Les Pauls. My number 1 is a black Gibson Les Paul Traditional with no weight relief and Gibson 57 classic humbuckers. I am now thinking I have a new number 1 with this 59 standard. Such a great guitar that plays right out of the box.

Submitted December 16, 2020 by a customer from icloud.com
"Absolutely Amazing"
Great quality end to end , flawless in every way, by far the best Les Paul I have ever played and owned , zZounds is terrific they were so on it for me , Epiphones quality control was on top of their game as well , sure glad I got one before they stop production....
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?