When you call, mention priority code 205-H4PZ

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone Les Paul Studio

The Epiphone Les Paul Studio has the hallmarks of the Standard. With open-cover humbuckers and a binding-free body, however, the LP Studio is its own guitar.

"Les Paul tones we can all afford." submitted May 28, 2010

By a customer from cox.net
Musical Background: studio musician
Music Style: write it i'll play it
Sound: After 6 months of playing the worn cherry the tone was just not their. Thought maybe some seymours would do the job, but a little more forum surfing led me to change the pots to cts audio taper 500k, PIO russian caps .015 in the neck and .022 in the bridge, and vintage wire throughout with vintage wiring diagram.BAM nailed it 9.9 on the les paul tone.So the stock pickups are not that bad, its the cheap electronics.So having some soldering skills picked up from utube vids I managed to only spend fifty bucks more on this axe,and what a difference. Feature: construction is way better then what I remenmber of epiphone in the 80's,needless to say I was empressed with the construction. Other then the electronics this peice is ready to upgrade and not waste your money when your done. Ease of Use: Very playable with the satin nitro neck finish. I like. Quality: Fit, feel, finish, wood, constrution all good. Pots, caps, wire,not great. Pickups o.k., switch good no issues, jack o.k. no issues. Value: Different mahogany but strong, alder instead of maple but still hard, finish is awesome for these woods combined. Components like bridge, tail peice and tuners as good as the others,NUT not so good its plastic, but a $9.00 graphite nut solved that and keeping it in tune. Actualy thats the first thing I did when I brought it home was change the Nut to graphite, and I have had no tuning problems. Manufacturer Support: I rated an 8 because I have not used support yet, but I here good things about gibson's response to other customers. The Wow Factor: Well I don't no how sexy it is, its a studio. The name says alot, but still very nice finish.I'm a player not a showman. Overall: Can't be the best because that would be a gibson les paul, due to the wood and electronics put into them. But bang for the buck, and future upgrades this wood be way up there.

"Les Paul Studio" submitted June 13, 2012

By Roy D in Fort Scott, KS
Overall
Musical Background: Have been playing music since I was 9. Play at home jam with friends.
Music Style: Blues.
Overall: I bought this off the wall at Ernie Williamson. The Arctic Blue finish was to die for. The bridge was a little low but after new strings and adjustments, it's as good as my Standard. The tone doesn't have the edge on it my Standard does, the difference between a Maple cap and Mahogany, I suspect. All the tonal splendor of a Les Paul. Very sturdy instrument. Very pleased with the guitar and Epiphone in general.

"Buy this machine now!!!" submitted November 12, 2007

By a customer from dc.rr.com
Musical Background: somewhat new
Music Style: Country-Rock
Sound: Great guitar!! I am a relitivly new player and yhis machine is extremly easy to play. Right out of the box iy sounded awesome and can adjust from Rock to Country. Hand feel right at home on the neck and very comfortable. An awsesome guitar no matter what the price is!! Buy this one. Feature: Plays easy and very comfortable. Ease of Use: Easily ajdusted, I have cheap amp, can't wait to hear it on a more complex one! Quality: very sturdy and made well. The look is very cool, my friends love it and want it. Value: The best low price or high. Manufacturer Support: Haven' needed it! Overall: I will keep this baby for a long time, i have 5 others and I think yhet are feeling ignored!
10 of 12 people (83.33%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Very Underrated Guitar!" submitted July 5, 2009

By a customer from Hotmail.com
Music Style: Classic Rock
Sound: I've heard complaints where either people have swapped out the pickups or have complained that they just don't sound good. Phooey! These pups sound really good. All you have to do in order to get them to sound to your liking is adjust them along with the settings on your amp. Do that and you'll be okay! Feature: Well this is a Studio model,so you're getting a stripped down, no frills model which is just fine by me. My only gripe and it's a minor one, is that instead of the dot inlays, I would've preferred having block inlays on the neck. Other than that,this guitar is just fine and besides, mine is a limited edition custom shop, alpine white model. Ease of Use: For the last several years, I've been a Fender Strat player, so it took me a little bit to get used to the slightly thicker neck and shorter scale but once I did,I found that playing this guitar is a breeze. Even getting up to the higher frets is no problem for me. This is slowly becoming my favorite guitar to play. I absolutely love it! Quality: Here's where I encountered some problems when I took it home. It wouldn't stay in tune and that's because when it left the factory in China, it wasn't setup properly. The intonation along with the string height and the pickups needed to be adjusted. Once I took care of all that, I was amazed at how well it sounded and at how it stayed in tune. The Grovers do their job very well and the guitar in itself is well made. There are no issues at all with the frets, electronics, imput jack or the 3 way pup switch at all. This one is a keeper. Value: Definately worth the $349.99 that I paid for it. Manufacturer Support: I sent them a email complaining about the lack of quality in their setup and they immediately got right back to me apologizing and offered to send me another one, to which I told them no. I explained that I've been playing for over 36 years and that I do know how to do setups. I said that they should take some more time to train their people how to do a proper setup, to which they aagreed. The Wow Factor: I love the Artic White finish on mine and seeing that it's a Limited Edition makes it more desirable. Overall: I baby my equipment so this one will be with me a long, long time. I already have ordered a Epiphone HSC for it,which should be in tomorrow. If anything happened to it, I would definately go out and get another one.

"epiphone les paul" submitted October 28, 2012

By leonardo gastello in hikcsville, NY
Musical Background: at home
Overall: the guitar is awesome, and the zZound service is aaa.

"Play it, learn it, love it." submitted July 16, 2008

Overall
Music Style: Blues, Rock, Punk, Black Metal, anything that sounds good and has balls.
Sound: Sound is nice, Bass player got this for me for Xmas, and have had no problems with it. I have the Blem version, where it was sent back to the factory, and it was upgraded, new pickups, and grover tuners. No buzz, and i play all styles of music. Feature: Grover tuners, gona replace pickguar and get pickup covers(Custom cosmetic changes are all that is needed.) Ease of Use: It's a guitar, if you don't know how to use one, buy a cheap one untill you learn to use one then get this one. Quality: Good for the money, I jam on it for hours on end and it never goes out of tune. Good deal for what my Bass player paid for it. Value: Deffinately worth the selling price if not more. Manufacturer Support: Never had a problem with an epiphone. Never had to call support. The Wow Factor: Awesome guitar, everyone knows Les Paul and what can be done with them(if not, start with your parents Zepplin collection if they don't listen to them they suck as parents.) Overall: I'm not getting rid of this guitar, other than adding a bigsby and customizing the look, this is perfect for my style of playing, it will not be replaced at all.

"worth every penny!!!!!" submitted September 13, 2008

Music Style: rock , metal , hard rock
Sound: i have a line 6 amp and it sounds great on it. Feature: nothin' really special i mean its a Les Paul. But it's pickups sound nice. Ease of Use: I didn't have to do anything it sounded great Quality: the only problem i had was that one of the tuning knobs wasn't completely drilled out and popped my string. So i had to use a round file to smooth it out. Value: You definitely get your money's worth Manufacturer Support: didn't need any The Wow Factor: it looks really good in worn cherry. Overall: i think this guitar will last me at least 5 years

"it is what it is" submitted October 26, 2008

Musical Background: active musician/ hobbyist
Music Style: southern metal
Sound: the sound is great for a more rock and roll player. but for me its just doesnt quite get the job done...its not metal enough for me...it sounds to pretty, which really is'nt a bad thing at all when i like to play pretty songs to impress the ladys haha. but in all seriousness, nothing against les pauls but its just not raw enough for me. Feature: i got this for a christmas present and i got was the guitar and hardshell case. i wish this could some emgs in it but thats not what the pauls are all about. Ease of Use: my knobs just cant adjust to the sound i want. the guitar is to heavy to any sool stage moves with. or i might just be weak haha. i also feel as though the strings cant sit close enoughe to the fret board for easier technical style guitar playing. Quality: it seems the guitar will last me a great while. im in a band called Still I Rise (add us on myspace.com/stillirise) so i travel with it a lot and it is very dependable. my bottom right knob keeps going for some strange reason...and i also wish it could be lighter. Value: i think the price is worth the guitar. but it could also be lower. Manufacturer Support: no problems i couldnt fix The Wow Factor: its just pretty, thats it. Overall: im already wanting another guitar after only 2 years of having it...i could just be real picky though.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio Customer Review submitted October 17, 2008

Musical Background: Band
Music Style: Rock / Metal
Quality: The Silver Lime is the guitar I purchased.This is a beautiful guitar with an awesome finish and excellent sound. Great guitar for the money. Love it! Value: Can't beat it.

"Ah-Mazing" submitted January 13, 2012

Music Style: Rock, Metal, Grunge, Pop Rock
Sound: The sound is very much what I hoped for it to sound like. Very rough if I want it to be, the treble is excellent..just awesome. Feature: Overall, I love everything that this guitar is built with.The stock strings are pretty good, I haven't changed them yet. When I opened it the 1st string was popped, so I just replaced it with one of my Gibson strings from my old guitar. Other than that, everything is top notch. Everyone says the pickups are crap, but I personally think they are good enough for me not to replace them. Ease of Use: Just put your hands on it and play. Very easy :D Quality: I've been playing for 6 years, so I'm still sort of a beginner, but I can tell this guitar will stick with me. The body is very sturdy, and it's taken all of the beating so far, hitting tables on accident and such. Value: I would think it's worth a little more, but I'm not complaining for the price I got it for. Manufacturer Support: Never called them. The Wow Factor: Just the look and feel of it is amazing. I have a thing for guitars, so I do look at looks, but I also look at how it feels in my hands and how it sounds. I love it. The finish is just great, a red wine/cherry wood, so sexy :D haha Overall: To sum it up, I love it. I will baby the crap out of this thing like I actually gave birth to it.

Epiphone Les Paul Studio Customer Review submitted January 16, 2008

Music Style: rokk
Sound: The sound isnt pronominal but it is good for the price Feature: the two volumes knobs are useful. No wammy but i wouldn't use it much anyways. also 2 tones knobs are nice Ease of Use: This guitar is so nice to play Quality: The quality of my guitar was good, except the frets were terrible. The guitar buzzed horribly and when i took a close look at the frets after a bout a month of use they looks terribly worn and stripped. I personally don't have the money to replace the frets. i also have read that the frets fall out too which i have no problem believing. I'm going to return it and buy a epiphone G400 vintage. It is a sexyier looking guitar and has nice looking pick ups. Value: good for the price is the frets came non defective Manufacturer Support: idk The Wow Factor: I honestly think it is kind of an ugly guitar. I got the blue finish and it wasnt tooo appealing. Overall: uhh, well it was cheap....

When you call, mention priority code 205-H4PZ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST