Epiphone Masterbilt Frontier Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Epiphone Masterbilt Frontier Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Push the limits of your acoustic performances with the Masterbilt Frontier. Its solid Sitka spruce top with maple back and sides offer a crisp, clear sound.

Overall:
4.5 out of 5 stars
5 out of 5 stars
4 out of 5 stars
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted July 3, 2020 by John T
"Amazing guitar for the money and super fast delivery!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I ordered this from Sweetwater back on May 4th and was supposed to get delivery mid-June to only find out (after trying to contact them for weeks) at best it may be August when I get this guitar. I cancel my order last night and reordered at 5 pm from zZounds and it was on my doorstep the next morning at 11am. Truly amazing. This this is an absolutely beautiful looking guitar with amazing tones with the maple construction. This is a steal at this price.
22 of 23 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 10, 2021 by mike k
"Sweet sounding for a maple backed guitar."
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Well I've only had it 24 hr.'s and about 2 hr's playing time but I have had 45 years as a guitarist and about 10 acoustics to judge by. My big guitars were a Guild D40 new in 1979, a Gibson Hummingbird, two Taylors and a Blueridge br180. Is this the best sounding? No but it sounds great and plays great and looks great. My wife is floored by it's look and is a reason I ended up with it. Came perfectly set up with no problems at all. My only complaint is the the poorly implemented battery compartment. What were they thinking? I like my preamp on the top like they used to be. I can't believe how well this guitar was set up and how well it plays with ability to use the whole neck for chording. if you are a singer this Epi will do well for you. It really is a sweet sounding guitar that I like a lot. Shockingly good at this price point. Thanks to zZounds!
over 40 years guitarist 2 years piano.
Blues,Country,Christian,Classic Rock
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 9, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"I’ve joined the believers for the Epiphone Masterbilt line."
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
First off, I have to say I am extremely pleased with the quick and efficient service at zZounds. After researching that the Masterbilt Frontier model is still waitlisted from another well-known music store for an unspecified amount of time, I saw that this was in stock and quickly ordered it. I received it in two days, which is amazing. Out of the box, the action is slightly higher than I would like but still playable. It came with Gibson strings. Overall, the tone is superb, with good clarity, and the fit and finish of the guitar is great. This guitar is definitely in keeping with the notion that Masterbilt guitars punch above their price range in terms of value. Looking forward to the music of this guitar and doing business with zZounds again in the future.
13 of 15 people (87%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 25, 2021 by bryan f in waveland, MS
"fantastic acoustic at any price"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
i bought the Epi Frontier 8 months ago and have really enjoyed it, i own several high end Gibson acoustics and this guitar i feel , hangs in there with the best of them, solid spruce top , solid maple back and sides and a really comfy neck, i strung it up with Gibson 11/52 phosphor bronze strings rather than the 12's and it really sounds Great, nice warms and snappy mids and highs , it souds comparable to my Gibson Dove , which are essentially the same guitar , except for the $2500 price difference and nitro finish , and it has that Beautiful ice tea vos finish , all in all a Great Acoustic , the only changes i made, was bone and MOP dot bridge pins and a 2 screw truss rod cover ,cover giving it that 60;s vibe , i hope this helps , grab one of these classic beauties before their gone , and shop with zzounds because they are pretty awesome and love the all access pass , Peace
guitarist, singer songwriter, drummer semi pro since the 80's
rock and pop , Beatles, Oasis, Nirvna 60-90's rock, grunge and pop
3 of 4 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 14, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Rattling Noise Under the Bridge"
Overall: 3 out of 5 stars
Initially I was really in love with this guitar. It has a great tone, projection and sustain. Feels and plays very nicely and it's a very pretty guitar. However - I noticed that when playing certain notes there was a rattling noise coming from inside the guitar under the bridge. I reported this issue and to the credit of the zZounds team - they sent a free exchange, noting it was likely an issue with the Fishman electronics being loose. Sadly - not only did the replacement guitar have the same rattling but also a new buzz on the D string and a few visual imperfections. I chose to return the guitar and now am back to the drawing board for my next purchase. It's really a shame considering without the rattle I would have been very happy with this acoustic. I would only recommend buying this guitar if you're also then willing to pay a luthier to identify and fix the rattling issue. At $800 the guitar shouldn't need post-purchase repairs of that magnitude.
1 of 3 people (33%) people found this review helpful. Did you?