Epiphone Masterbilt Excellente Acoustic-Electric Guitar
BACK IN STOCK

Epiphone Masterbilt Excellente Acoustic-Electric Guitar

Known as a trademark for country legend Loretta Lynn, the Epiphone Masterbilt Excellente features a large sound and now includes a Fishman Sonicore preamp.

Overall:
5 out of 5 stars
3.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted February 15, 2020 by Kevin F in Huntingburg, IN
"Epiphone Excellente Great Guitar"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I just received the Epiphone Excellente Guitar after waiting patiently for the backorder. It was worth the wait. I saw this guitar when I was a kid being played by Eddy Arnold on the Opry stage. I fell in love with the look and knew that it was a special guitar. I was so happy to read that they were going to release them 40 years later. I took it out of the box played it and ordered the case right away from zZounds where. I bought the guitar. Buy this Masterbilt guitar. Playability is excellent. Action is low. Stays in tune. Sweet sound. Brilliant for epiphone to re release this guitar. Order today.?worth the wait.
Pro
Southern rock
37 of 38 people (97%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 28, 2020 by Guy Hill in Emory, TX
"Epiphone Masterbilt Excellente"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
What a beautiful instrument, with playability and sound to match. I can't put it down. Hats off to Epiphone Masterbilt Guitars!Awesome unplugged or plugged into my Fishman Loudbox Artist.
Been playing 46 years. Professionally.
Blues. Country. Gospel. Hymns. Originals
20 of 21 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 26, 2020 by Maurice Carter in Halethorpe, MD
"Epiphone Masterbilt Excellente Acoustic Electric Guitar"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I purchased this guitar from zZounds on 2/22/20 and received it the very next day. The workmanship was perfect. This guitar is manufactured with solid ovangkol wood back and sides with a solid spruce top. It produces a powerful warm mellow tone. The playability action was just a little high but except able. . It came with Gibson light gage strings. Two thumbs up for this guitar.
I have been playing 6 and 12 string guitars for 40 years at small town clubs
My music style is rock, and country.
15 of 16 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 9, 2020 by a customer from comcast.net
"Beautiful guitar but very heavy with a thick plastic finish!"
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
Imaging pouring thick honey all over your favorite speaker. That's the one big problem with all of the Masterbilt epiphones and this is no exception. The finish is as thick as a penny...and is very plastic to the point where it feels like a plastic guitar, making the solid wood feature that everyone likes a moot point. It completely squashes the tone. The woods are thick...the braces bulky, basically everything that Gibson did wrong in the 70's is manifest in this guitar. At least a 70's Gibson is nitro lacquer and can be found for the same price as this guitar new. If you are plugging it in for a gig, it's great. If you are looking for amazing open acoustic tone...sorry, not this one. All that said...I bought mine used for half the price of a new one and I'd buy it again.
7 of 14 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?