Epiphone SG Standard Electric Guitar
BACK IN STOCK

Epiphone SG Standard Electric Guitar

This SG will bite through a mix! Featuring a batwing pickguard, the Epiphone SG Standard is ready to fly to your next gig.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted February 2, 2020 by chris napier in Kingsport, TN
"Epiphone SG Standard heritage cherry"
Man oh man what a nice sg ! They hit a home run this time for sure ! My opinion, everything is right on this guitar period ! Highly recommend it !!! Take it out. plug it in Brit style amp and rock on brothers and sisters ! Strung with the new EB primo 9.5-.44 strings and all I can say is WOW ! Love the cts pots and new head stock as well! zZounds makes it so easy to get that gear you want fast ! Payment plan is awesome !
40 yrs, guitar
love it all !
20 of 20 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 26, 2020 by a customer from outlook.com
"Shockingly Great"
I’ve been considering purchasing an SG now for a while and was originally wanting to purchase a Gibson using the payment plan Zzounds offers, but decided to purchase an Epiphone first and then save up to buy the Gibson outright. I saw that these new models were “inspired by Gibsons” and watched a lot of reviews on them so I decided to pull the trigger. This thing is fantastic. I have owned many Epiphones in the past, but this thing feels and sounds like it’s 3x more than its price. I was really blown away by the quality of the entire guitar, especially the pickups and electronics. Past Epiphone models have always felt and sounded “good”, but this one is fantastic and honestly just so much fun as well as addicting to play. They really outdid themselves. The guitar screams high quality while the price shouts budget. It honestly feels exactly like a lot of the Gibson SGs I’ve played. If you’re looking for a budget classic, you will not regret this one! I’m so impressed I’m now considering picking up a 2020 Epiphone Les Paul
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 19, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"SG standard"
Just received this amazing guitar! The craftsmanship is flawless.I have had a Gibson SG. The Epiphone is neck and neck to the Gibson and a$1000 less. The tone is authentic Gibson growl.
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 22, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"My new main instrument"
This SG has blown my mind away since I took it out of the box and plugged it into my Marshall. The brightest sounding humbucker I've ever heard, designed in the Gibson laboratory. The fretboard us like butter. I'm in love. Plan to buy their V next. Keep cranking them out, Epiphone!
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 12, 2020 by Dan C in Southern, UT
"Just what I wanted"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
Feels and sounds 85% if the way to a decent Gibson SG, nails the look, and at something like 1/3 the price or less! So glad I bought this.
It sounds pretty much like an SG would! I like these pickups as much as Gibson 490r/490t, these Probuckers are similar construction and materials and sound. If you like vintage sounding humbuckers these are great, not perfect, but thoroughly good. Epiphone has come a long long way!
I like that this has fretboard binding giving it a more expensive feel. The neck is not too wide or thick, but not too thin. The CTS pots are great and need no upgrade!
To get great sounds I had to lower the neck humbucker, it came raised very high. Other than that the setup was pretty good! Shredders will like lower action but was pretty easy to bend and chord with right out of the box.
I checked out the wiring and it looks good. Nothing I would need to redo or change for classic SG sounds.
Now that Epiphone has improved the headstock and offered my favorite color combo, white with the full sized pickguard, with ok paf type pickups and good electronics, I had to buy one! Just wish it came with a case for that price.
No contact with manufacturer.
Epiphone finally fixed the clipped ear headstock and dodgy electronics. And Alpine white with black guard is the best look for an SG and no one will ever convince me otherwise and Epiphone nailed it. Could only get better if it was real mahogany and nitro finish but then it would be three times the price.
Jam at home for 16 years
Rock, blues, jazz, little metal.
11 of 12 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 25, 2020 by a customer from att.net
"First Rate"
I'm very happy with the fit 'n finish and playability of this Epi SG. Heritage Cherry. For the price it's a sure keeper. Item came to my door in a day. Great service from zZounds. I'd certainly buy from them again.
6 of 7 people (86%) people found this review helpful. Did you?