Epiphone SG Standard '61 Electric Guitar
BACK IN STOCK

Epiphone SG Standard '61 Electric Guitar

Loaded with ProBucker pickups, the Epiphone SG Standard '61 nails those classic PAF tones. For those about to rock, we salute you.

Overall:
5 out of 5 stars
Submitted January 22, 2021 by Mrs. R
"I've finally found the guitar of a lifetime!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I grabbed the blem that was available which I was able to afford with my budget, and other than the scratched-up pickguard it's awesome! I determined mine to weigh 7 pounds which is in the range of how much these things supposedly should weigh. I will just put a sticker on the scratched-up pickguard and then I'll be in business! Speaking of sticker, even though it was a blem, zZounds still threw in the bumper sticker that Epiphone gives you which is nice. :D
hobbyist
pop/rock
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 23, 2020 by Michael B in Mather, CA
"Love this guitar"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Bought this SG abount 2 months ago. Very nice playing & sounding SG. Especially for the money. Lowered the action after installing Daddario strings(my favorite). I plan on keeping this guitar for a long time. Great purchase.
Playing for 40 years.
Rock/Metal
27 of 28 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 14, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Player guitar"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Initially i was a bit disappointed. Even tho it looked great it needed bunch work and was near unplayable out the box. Didn’t want to spend a $125 on a guitar tech like the last guy. So a few Youtube videos and a bit of swearing later i got it in good working order. (only thing I used was bicycle multi tool) Adjusted everything + oiled the fretboard twice because it was so dry. Pickups are just plain rude. Respond well to dynamics but really they just want to rip. Definitely a rock and roll guitar. Maybe not so great for Jazz (the SG custom is preferable for that another great Epi). Like any decent SG it’s a player, sits perfectly on the lap etc, and this one weighs just 6.4 lbs my scale. Thanks zZounds for your excellent service yet again.

Submitted April 13, 2022 by Jeff P in Ballston Spa, NY
"Little Martha"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
So my partner says "I want to learn guitar, can you get me one like 'Allman' (my '61 standard)" - I say sure, find this beautiful exclusive finish here on zZounds and place my order. It arrives in less than 2 days. WOW fit and finish are spot on. Frets feel great...its ready to be used to learn how to rock
Guitar Playing Pokemon Master
Classic Rock

Submitted February 1, 2022 by a customer from gmail.com
"Great Value"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
First Epiphone electric...Very impressive value for such a solid, and beautiful guitar. Build and quality are as good as my PRS SEs but at almost half the price.Although it sounds wonderful unplugged, a lot of clarity and sustain, it comes to life once plugged into an amp.And the Pelham Blue is spectacular--it's hard to make out in the photos but it's a Pelham Blue Flake.

Submitted October 22, 2021 by Edward B in Iron Mountain, MI
"SG Wins!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
After struggling over which guitar would best suit my future playing ability, the 61 Epiphone SG won out over the Epiphone Les Paul standard. For about 6 months I bounced back and forth between the LP and the SG taking in all the reviews and availability, most of the LP's that Iliked were on back order and I could not hold out any longer.I I purchased the SG. right out of the box the SG was a powerhouse. After a slight tweek to the truss rod and a new set of Gibson Brite-Wire 10's it has been nothing but a true joy playing this axe, I would definately recond this guitar to anyone. I love it!
just starting over after not picking up a guitar in 40 years.
blues/rock

Submitted September 14, 2020 by a customer from earthlink.net
"Great new epiphone quality control on budget s"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
This guitar beats the Gibson sg standard I bought two months ago from this same place. No loose input jack the neck is perfect and not cracked and there are no blemishes on the finish. As for the sound the probuckers sounds like something Eric Clapton or Hendrix on an sg puts up with. I am keeping this guitar and probably will it to my niece
8 of 9 people (89%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 31, 2022 by a customer from gmail.com
""SG=Superb Guitar""
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Awesome as i hoped, the SG is the best electric guitar Gibson ever produced ( My opinion ). Heard the newer Epiphones had gotten better and here is solid proof!!Only difference than a Gibson is what name is on the head stock.

Submitted April 20, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Good Overall Value"
Overall: 3.5 out of 5 stars
The guitar arrived with some slight finish issues around the nut, but that's unsurprising at this price point. The neck had a backward bow, but that comes with shipping sometimes. The frets would grind under the strings, and the craziest thing was, the F note on the first fret on the high E was dead. However, I really liked the way the neck played, so I took it to my local tech for a setup. Turns out the first few frets were about 6mm lower than the rest of the fretboard. He had to level the fretboard but now the thing plays like a dream. Besides, $449 plus $125 at the guitar tech and you're still at a fraction of what the Gibson version costs. I'd definitely recommend the guitar but be prepared to work on it a bit straight out of the box. Plan on having a pro set it up for you and this thing is a steal.
4 of 5 people (80%) people found this review helpful. Did you?