Epiphone SG Custom Electric Guitar
ONLY 2 LEFT

Epiphone SG Custom Electric Guitar

Whether you're playing a wedding or a metal show, this SG Custom can fit in at any gig. Loaded with Alnico Classic PRO humbuckers, this SG is ready to rock.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted February 6, 2020 by W. Heald in Saint Peters, MO
"Very Impressed!"
I am very pleased with this Epiphone “inspired by Gibson” SG.....so much so I’ve pre-ordered the same in the Les Paul Custom version in black. In the past I felt every Epiphone very hit and miss and almost every SG was a miss feeling like it was made out of light, cheap wood. Not the case here! Weight is right about what a USA version should be, very impressed with the ebony fretboard, which for some odd reason seems to be less likely on a USA Les Paul custom when that was standard. After a simple set up (basically truss rod had no tension) lowered the bridge etc. the guitar plays smooth and I’m very into super low action same from the first fret to the 12th fret. I’m 54 and my first guitar was a 1981 Gibson SG firebrand series and later I had a 1978 Gibson SG standard. Sometime back I had one of their US I believe it was called an elite? Anyway that had an ebony board with custom split inlays and was very impressive. My point being I’m no stranger to high-end Gibsons and while I won’t say this is 100% that for the price you can’t complain. The frets are nicely done you don’t have that sharp edged thing going on as you rub your hand up and down the edges of the fretboard The pick ups and electronics all sound very nice and there you have it. I will weigh in on the Les Paul version when they come in stock and I receive it. Hopefully it won’t be chambered or any of that cheap stuff or I’ll be sending it back
45 years
Rock, blues, 80s hard rock/metal, melodic 80s keyboard rock/pop
11 of 11 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 18, 2020 by Joe R
"Good guitar for the price"
Hi all. Last time I had an SG was in 1970. My cousin gave me his 1963 Gibson SG. It was to big and heavy for me at the time, wish I had it now. Present day, as a novice player I saw this guitar and had to have it. It came packed well, paint and finish has no flaws. All hardware in perfect condition. Weight balance as expected, not an easy instrument to hold without a strap. Ebony fingerboard with pearloid inlays look great. Frets nicely done, no sharp edges. Nice action, no fret buzz or adjustments right out of the box. The slim taper neck works well for me since I have smaller hands. The headstock really stands out with the split diamond. Tuner buttons look kind of cheap but are solid and work well. Pickups sound good, you can definitely hear a sound difference in the 3 way toggle selections. Has a nice tone playing thru clean amp, and plenty of raunchy sound for metal players. No, it doesn't sound as good as a Gibson USA SG. But it's close and for less than half the price of one your getting a great guitar for the value. Check out some YouTube comparison videos, I'm sure it will help with your decision.
Novice
Rock, metal
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 3, 2021 by Isaac L in Carrboro, NC
"Better than the g400 pro deluxe"
This guitar kicks some serious rear end and the quality control is much better than the g400 pro deluxe they made two years ago. If you dont have the 4000 or 5000 grand to come up with the Gibson sg custom version than this is a good choice for the money. I would also recommend the 61 reissue by epiphone or the Gibson sg reissue version if you can afford the 12 month payment plan. As for the tone this things rips through my laney cub 8 tube combo amp. I might be in the market for an sg prophecy or some Gibson sg reissue if still available or the other two Gibson SGs with humbuckers like another sg standard or the tribute
Blues rock and early metal
Just told you blues rock like Hendrix on his sg custom or Clapton on the fool sg or Tony iommi on his sg custom

Submitted January 5, 2021 by a customer from aol.com
"Epi Sg Custom! Fun Guitar to Play!"
This was a real Surprise in a good way! The guitar required no setup. It is a very nice playing and sounding guitar. I own many Gibson Sgs and Les Pauls. It plays better than some of my Gibson Sgs. The pickups are just a little weak but they are about perfect. One machine head drifts out of tune. The guitar does not come with Grovers but an Epi version of the popcorn colored, Hmm not sure who makes these but they look and act just like the reg Gibson ones. So scrap them and get some gold Grovers. The Ebony Fret Board has a light brown dot amoungst the black. So I inspected it because it is a fairly big size. The wood does appear to be Ebony but not a perfect grade. I think they sell ebony stain? But I am not going to worry about it. So yep keeping the guitar even though it is not perfect. But it actually plays as good or better than a far more expensive Sg. Actually this guitar will probably be your main guitar, it is actually that good. The one odd thing , but it is good, would be the neck shape. I have an 85 ESP guitar neck through body. My ESP is rare and worth about 3k. The neck on this Sg and the one on the ESP are about identical. So yeah it is a great playing easy thin neck with wide fret board. None of my other guitars from Gibson have a neck like this. But it is a good thing if you like a guitar that you don`t have to struggle to play. I hate to give it any less than 5 stars but the neck dot would probably bother quite a few people. It is almost the size of a dime.

Submitted February 28, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com in Reidsville, NC
"Best guitar under $700 I've ever purchased!!!!"
Almost every guitar I've bought that was in the 500 "Ish" dollar range I've had to do something to make it feel, play or sound right to me. I've often found i have to do right much work to frets and often have to upgrade pickups and electronics and adjust string height and truss rod and I expected to do the same for this one but was surprised. I've got a epiphone les paul with Seymour Duncan custom shop pups and same wiring as Gibson custom shop does and it sounds absolutely fantastic and this Epiphone SG sounds just as good..lol. I have done several comparisons and its just amazing.Do yourself a favor and buy this thing.I am gonna get a actual Gibson SG next and I'm going to compare that one to the Epiphone also and see how it holds up.
I play rock and blues. This does both exceptionally well
Sounds GREAT!!! Straight out the box
It seems to be made extremely well. Had some sharp fret ends but that's really not a big deal to me at this price. I just fix them
This thing amazed me for the price
I've dealt with customer service. They have been great
20 more years I'll be a professional
Blues, rock

Submitted April 3, 2021 by Mark L in Tazewell, TN
"Epiphone sg custom"
Got mine today, everything spot on.Smooth or booming killer tones thri my silverline deluxe.
Playing off n on since 1978
Blues rock Heavy metal70's - 90' music

Submitted March 14, 2020 by Cydni R in Wagoner, OK
"Epiphone exclusive deluxe G400 Sg pro has the same thing"
This Sg has the same electronics - pickups - tuners as the 2019 Epiphone exclusive deluxe G400 Sg pro the only real difference is the headstock
Playing guitar since 1973 turned professional in 1979 at age 17 had a 19 year music career
Classic hard Rock - Blues - some Jazz
2 of 5 people (40%) people found this review helpful. Did you?