Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50s Electric Guitar

Epiphone Les Paul Standard 50s Electric Guitar

Get a reliable classic that works for any genre. The Epiphone Les Paul Standard '50s electric produces a warm tone with full-range clarity and long sustain.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted February 14, 2020 by Dr. Brian Hawkins in Crofton, KY
"Excellent Les Paul !!!"
I was very excited to see the new inspired by Gibson line, this guitar lives up to the hype !! The pro buckers are really good , no need to swap Pups, in the past this would be a given. Fit and Finish are great. New headstock design is great , I was never a fan of the old headstock. Action was decent out of the box but I easily adjusted it to my liking. Tuners are better than ever, very stable. Love the baseball bat neck , reminds me of the first Les pauls I played back in the day !
Play professionally
Rock, blues , southern rock , country.
42 of 42 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 11, 2020 by Bryan F in Waveland, MS
"I got a AWESOME ONE !!!!"
I got the Cherry Sunburst, it's a Beautiful Guitar , mine has light flame which I love, the Neck is very comfy, and has flame on the Mahogany....very close to my Gibson 59' reissue and the Pro Buckers sound awesome. I changed out the , Metric Bridge studs , Bridge , tailpiece for Conversion bushing , Gibson ABR1 and Gibson light weight tailpiece , it really made an improvement in sound and a few ounces off the weight , the Frets were really nice no high spots or fret sprout , all in all a Fantastic Les Paul at any Price , it's sounds pretty close to My Gibson and looks awesome , and the New Kalamazoo Headstock looks cool too , ivevheard others having issues with the new Epiphones , I Guess I got a GOOD ONE Thanks to Zzounds for the Great serviceand. Giving me The All Access payment plans for the last 12 years .
30 years semi pro
Rock n roll , singer songwriter, Guitarist, Bassist , keyboard , lead and harmony vocals In a Beatles Tribute and original and c

Submitted October 23, 2020 by Travis Bell
"Definitely pleasantly surprised"
I was VERY hesitant to purchase a Epiphone, in recent years every one I've picked up seemed to have quality or playability issues. I've seen some not so good reviews of these but I've also seen many, many good ones. I like the specs and for the price I figured what the heck. I have to say I love it, plays great, feels substantial and has good weight. I did change the strings and had it set up which required a little leveling out of the nut. I have to say that's pretty minimal especially compared to the work the Gibson Les Paul Tribute and SG Tribute I've owned needed.I would definitely compare the quality of this to the Gibson Les Paul Tribute which was almost twice the price. Anyway I can see picking up another one of these babies for alternate tuning. I would give it 10 stars for value if it were and option.
Play the guitar, bass and drums for over 20 years
Hard rock, rock, metal.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 23, 2020 by Joshua Y in Loranger, LA
"Wow"
Just got it, but already blown completely away. It’s really close to my Gibson standard Les paul. The weight is perfect, the neck shape is super comfortable, the tuning actually holds really really well. The only complaint is that I want one if every color now.

Submitted September 23, 2020 by a customer from Gmail.com
"Wow what a sound"
I got this puppy today, man does it scream. This sounds better than the Gibson Les Paul I had with Burstbuckers in it. The lows really growl and the highs cut through like a bell. Mine was sold as a Blem, but I can't find anything wrong with it. it looks and plays as good as it sounds, and that says a lot. If you are on the fence about buying one of these, stop waiting and do it.

Submitted March 30, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com in Round Rock, TX
"Gold Top Goodness!!!"
The one I can jam out at a gig and not worry about it being stolen or falling over!!!
This guitar is head and shoulders above a lot of other offerings in its price point. In years past with Epiphone guitars, you’d be itching to swap pickups after 15 minutes of playing. They’re not USA made but still, I feel zero need to change the PUP’s out. Notes ring clear and true and the CTS pots are smooth when dialing in volume and tone without huge jumps in the sound. I’m digging it!!!
I really wish they had not done a mahogany veneer on the back. I would’ve been ok seeing the true color of the guitar. The sides have a good wood grain and I think that it would’ve been visually more appealing to skip the veneer and pass the savings to another area of the guitar such as orange drop caps and a switchcraft toggle.
Its easy to dial in any tone from the gem with the right amp and pedals for what you’re going after. It’s not a Gibson but close enough that it’s beating out my $2k sg in playability and tone!!!
Fit and finish were unbelievable!!! This is the first budget guitar that actually was in tune and setup correctly out of the box!!! I’m super impressed. No paint bleed or binding issues and no need to run out to get a luthier to fret level or setup. Nut was cut perfect as well. They have really upped their QC at Epiphone!!!
This guitar will probably jump in price for what it is. Same deal when the Epiphone 1960 Tribute Plus came out at $599 and now sells for $200 more. It’s a great buy if you’re after the “Les Paul” sound and look, on a budget and don’t want to take the real one to the gig!!!
I have not tried to contact Epiphone and have never had to deal with them directly.
It’s a sexy, semi-period correct guitar!!! The new head stock looks better than the Epi’s of years past. There’s a reason why these guitars are on back order so often. The look, playability, the sound. Grab one before they change it up...again!!!
Engineer, producer, writer, semi-professional
Kind of a loaded question!!!

Submitted March 6, 2021 by Devin D in Omaha, NE
"This is great!"
I took a chance on this to scratch the 50s Les Paul itch. I have several Epiphones and have had great experiences with them. This one is amazing. It came out of the box with a great set up. It plays great and sounds fantastic. Epiphone is really knocking it out of the park.
The pickups are quite responsive. It sounds like a Les Paul should. It has great crunch and cleans up well. It does everything I ask it to.
I love the 50s neck, the build is superb, pickups sound great, tuners work well and hold tune. I have no complaints.
I can get a wide variety of sounds out of it. I use it as a dirty rocker, but also get some great jazz/blues sounds.
This thing is a tank. Build quality is excellent and I see no need to worry about it.
For the price, this is amazing. The features are top shelf and it's exactly what I wanted.
Epiphone has always been responsive when I had a question.
It's a '59 Les Paul for a great price. I love it.
Lifelong musician
I have played a variety of genres, but these days I play classic and 80s rock with guys locally.

Submitted March 3, 2021 by Gene Farinacci in Millsboro, DE
"Comments on Pro Bucker Pickups."
I would think that most Epi’s are made well and fun to play... one exception their pickups... I currently have an Epi JB Normburst with Pro Buckers... the pick ups are good but not great.... when compared to Gibson Burst Buckers they fall short especially the Neck pup. They don’t have the dynamics, push, grind or tone of the Gibson. When you turn down or use the tone control they start to feel in my opinion a little lifeless.... So if you are serious about your tone and playability get ready to spend an additional $200 to $300 for some Seymour Duncan or Gibson BB’s.
Playing Guitar live performances
Classic rock and Blues... age 12 to retired.At one point I decided to not sell my guitars for a loss... Now I have a nice collec