Epiphone Les Paul Special Electric Guitar

Epiphone Les Paul Special Electric Guitar

Sporting two soapbar P-90 pickups, the Epiphone Les Paul Special packs a punch. This guitar has a chunky, rounded neck carve fit for a rock star.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted November 16, 2020 by Chuck Anthony in New York, NY
"As good as it gets Old School style!"
I purchased a new re-issue Gibson TV Yellow Special, some years ago for over 3x the price of this Epi Les Paul P90 Special, and it wasn’t at all, what it was cracked up to be! I sold her some time later and bought a used Hamer Special, which was spectacular guitar. Unfortunately, I sold it on impulse at the time, abd did regret it. This Epiphone TV Yellow Les Paul Special, exceeded all my expectations, and I find it hard to put this guitar down! The feel, the finish, the pick-ups and especially the fat beefy tone that responds to your own unique playing style, and cleans up nicely when you lower your volume control. Highly recommended, abd the price is right! Get one while you can!
Semi-pro
Blues, Brit influenced Rock, Jazz
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 1, 2020 by Michael E in Duanesburg, NY
"Great proper Les Paul special at a killer price"
My LP special arrived a few days after shipping, and was set up fairly well out of the box. Extremely comfortable neck with a perfect amount of chunk. P90s growl with authority. Very smooth fretwork especially at 399$. Epiphone stepped it up big time with these. I would've have no problem paying 500$ for this. It's worth it.
17 of 20 people (85%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 21, 2020 by Darwin B in San Diego, CA
"Flawless. Worth the price."
For a P90 Lep Paul Special, this one is not to be missed. Sounds great. Changed out the tuners with Hiptshot Closed Locking Tuners (nothing wrong with them, added some more tuning stability to an already great guitar), switched to EB Beefy Slinkies, and added Dunlop Straplok's. Will probably take the neck finish down (hand sticks when I'm playing, should not be an issue with others), but overall, there's nothing else I would change with this at all. Great workmanship at nearly HALF THE PRICE of it's Gibson equivalent. And zZounds was the ONLY ONLINE RETAILER THAT HAD THIS MODEL IN STOCK (Even over Epi's own website!)
9 of 11 people (82%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 3, 2020 by Matthew Webster in Riverside, CA
"Wow just wow"
Words can't Express how happy I am with this guitar purchase it hold it's own against its gibson counterpart the finish is wicked the neck is chunky and it plays like butter
22 years
Rock
10 of 13 people (77%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 3, 2020 by Jonathan Walker in Berlin, MD
"Unbelievably good"
This is, bar none, the best guitar I have ever purchased at anywhere near this price. This guitar is the real deal. Light, resonate, great pickups, great fit and finish, amazing neck profile. I can't say enough good things about this guitar...don't hesitate...buy yourself one and watch how much you can't stop the grin from growing on your face everytime you play it.
I've been creating original music since the late 80's, been a professional recording and touring musician since 1996.
Rock n roll
6 of 8 people (75%) people found this review helpful. Did you?