Epiphone Les Paul Modern Electric Guitar
BACK IN STOCK

Epiphone Les Paul Modern Electric Guitar

Take your performance to the next level thanks to the pro features of the Les Paul Modern. A pair of coil-splittable ProBuckers offer a range of tasty tones.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 2, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"THE best Epiphone Les Paul I've ever played!!"
Just look at the specs! Locking tuners included = mind blown! I had some time with it today after receiving it and I am just blown away. I own a bunch of other Epiphone Les Pauls. I also own many other types of Les Pauls. I've played Gibson Les Pauls over the 40+ years I've been playing guitar. This guitar EASILY stands with the best Gibsons I've ever played. The sound and the definition from the Probuckers is excellent! The locking tuners - first guitar I've had with them - make it SO easy to do string changes! I was doing some tone work with Amplitube 4 a little while ago with Joe Satriani's 'Boston 100' (Tom Scholz 'Rockman') plugin. I matched the tone with other guitars for the "Don't Look Back" song. They were very close. But, this guitar - with these Alnico II ProBuckers - got it very nearly exact! It sounds so amazingly defined! Wow! Even my DiMarzios couldn't match the tone THIS close! This Les Paul just edged a little closer than they could!I am VERY pleased with this guitar! It's AWESOME and worth every penny!!
40+ years playing guitar. Gigged/Toured for 30+ years before retiring in the late 2000's.
I play Classic Rock, Alternative, Hard Rock, and Classic Metal/Thrash.
29 of 29 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 4, 2020 by Dan Galbreath in Williston, ND
"Magic!"
Let me start by saying, I love this guitar. While not as lucky as the previous reviewer with the setup, an hour or so with some spot leveling on the frets and fixing up some sharp fret ends coupled with a string gauge change and intonation; I've got a real winner. For me it's a Gibson killer. Stunning looks, fairly priced with all the extra goodies and why would I shell out $2000 more dollars just to have a prestigious name on the head stock? I wouldn't, not with this fine guitar to choose. The only con I have is no poker chip for the three way switch. Just doesn't say Les Paul to me without the chip.
14 of 15 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 26, 2020 by Brian Gray
"What Epiphone has done for us Musicians"
I've always been a fan of Epiphone Guitars. 2020 is a great time to get that Les Paul (or any Epiphone) you've been wanting. The Grover locking 18-1 tuners, Graph Tech nut, carved neck joint, CTS controls just to name a few are reason enough IMHO. My Beautiful burgundy Les Paul showed up with great fret work and setup. This alone makes me happy but there is so much more that Epiphone did in their 2020 evolution of guitars.
Playing Guitar and Drums 40+ years.
I love most types of music. Favs are rock, blues, country.
20 of 22 people (91%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 30, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Epiphone LP Modern"
This guitar and zZounds are amazing. For $650 this guitar is a steal. It looks amazing and sounds even better. With the weight relief if feels great on a strap, but what really caught me off guard was how much sustain this has. Love this guitar and very happy with shipping and packaging. Was delivered in 2 days and packaged nicely.

Submitted February 16, 2021 by a customer from yahoo.com
"AMAZING Guitar for the $$"
Side by side with my Gibson I have to say it looks as good or maybe better in terms of fit and finish. The Epiphone acrylic Urethane clearcoat will NEVER yellow, it's flatter and 5 times harder than the Gibson lacquer !! The sound is great, though my Gibson Les Paul Classic pickups are hotter and I like them better as a matter of taste and the Plek'd Gibson neck plays a little better, but in every other way I think this Epiphone beats out the Gibson !... especially since it cost about 1/3 as much. ... but I do believe in BUY AMERICAN made when you can, I wish Gibson would dump the Nitrocellulose lacquer for solid bodies because it doesn't help in the side by side comparison I have made and one of my Gibson's is so yellowed it looks bad enough I'm considering sending it in for refinish at Gibson.
of 1 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 5, 2021 by Bob Zielinski in Jenkintown, PA
"Kind of Disappointed"
When this arrived, I uncharacteristically exercised restraint and didn't even open to box for almost 5 weeks (also mainly because I was recovering from surgery). When I did, I was more than pleasantly surprised at the appearance and finish of this Les Paul. The Sparkling Burgundy is simply beautiful! The photos really don't do it justice. So, how does it sound, you might ask? Well, the playability details however leave something to be desired, and I should have unboxed and played the guitar sooner because I would have returned it. There's considerable fret sprout (and way too much fret buzz) than I've ever experienced in a new guitar and it's something that I wouldn't have expected in an Epiphone (I own several Epi models and I'm pretty much an evangelist for them!). Fret buzz is something that can be relatively easily addressed but the fret sprout? Hell, that's just not acceptable from a company as reputable as Gibson/Epiphone, even if these are being made in China. I'm accustomed to taking my guitars (both new and old) to my local luthier for an initial set up, but this will require more extensive work, so I may even spring for getting this Les Paul plek'd in order for me to end up with the guitar I was sort of hoping that I'd get.
Mid level player
Rock, blues,
1 of 2 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 30, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Hard to believe I've been playing guitar for 50 years now. I'll never forget my 59' Les Paul Jr. or 62' Strat but fortunately I kept the old Martin D-28. Those tones stuck to me and I've come to build my own Master Builds (partscasters) that are superior to the Fender products for much less and sound amazing. I'm the picky guy who loves Marshalls with the wire straight to the guitar. Good hands and solid gear.I've picked up a 2020 LP modern and 2020 LP Special (P-90) and I'm very impressed with the quality and price point. These are the real specs with the correct feel and basic sound. Obviously a few corners have been cut however the core essentials are there. Much like souping up a hotrod I tweak my guitars and it pays off. Upgrading tuners, stop tail and ABS-1, boutique PAF's and a great setup can make this guitar competitive with anything. Plenty of room to upgrade since the Gibson model is $2800. So, I'll admit I'm a guitar snob and Epip's were below my standard.....not anymore. These guitars are very playable and a real value in today's Les Paul world. These may become one of those...dang.....really good years. WTG Gibson with shutting out competitors and building a Squire line that is much better.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 13, 2020 by Dirk S in Tequesta, FL
"Pleasantly Surprised"
Very pleased with this instrument. Lighter weight and the Jimmy Page style wiring are nice benefits. I'm getting classic Les Paul tones thru my Marshalls. The asymmetric neck is fabulous. I've owned several Gibson LP's and they just like this Epipy LP. Highly recommended and a huge savings if you can live with the Epipy headstock. Personally I am a guitar snob but not about this one ! lol Go for it
Guitar, Recording Engineer, Video Producer, Photography
Classic Rock, Country Rock, Southern Rock

Submitted April 12, 2020 by Mark M in Dixon, CA
"I named it “buzzby”"
I’ve spent hours with this thing and finally got the buzz out of four of the six strings. Sounds great. It would sound awesome if I didn’t hear that wonderful buzzing overtone on my (A) string. And don’t get me started on the (B) string. It has great features. If ya can’t play it... it’s a waste of money.
5 of 15 people (33%) people found this review helpful. Did you?