Epiphone Firebird Electric Guitar

Epiphone Firebird Electric Guitar

Capture the beauty of a genuine Firebird with this incredible Epiphone model. A set of ProBucker FB720 pickups projects the same raw fury as the original.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted February 6, 2021 by a customer from live.com
"Great guitar - needs a LOT of love out of the box."
For the pricepoint I didn't expect it to look or play like it's 2000$ big brother, but it holds up very well in some ways, and falls flat in others.The finish on this guitar is amazing, and it really does look and feel stunning in your hands, until you get into some details.Frets were sprouted terribly upon arrival - which can happen in shipping, it is what it is. But I had to seat several frets - hammer time ! - and file the ends down on every fret by a large margin ( after treating the bone dry pau-ferro board and letting it sit in my climate controlled guitar room for a week or two at 55% humidity ).The fretboard is my biggest issue, and the one reason I may not keep this guitar in my stable. It just looks and feels SO rough even when oiled and stored at proper humidity. The grain is very long and very wide, creating a textured feeling that is akin to playing on an old sun-soaked picnic table at best.Not sure if these models get any QC either, my 3 way switch was dead on arrival and was only a two way, which got upgraded with switch-craft immediately and was not worth a returndd. Plug it in and it sounds like a firebird, and I still don't think it's a terrible guitar at the price point - the biggest disappointment is this fret board.TLDR - paint finish and binding is all great, it looks killer and sounds the part too. Lot of love lost in the details though, be ready to polish it up a bit if they're all anything like mine was.
20 years playing
RockBluesSinger-songwriter
12 of 12 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 2, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Just awesome!!!"
If you like southern rock and blues this guitar is amazing at it. Having said that, it’ll still play country licks as well. Came setup pretty good from the factory, just put my strings on it and played it through my Vox.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 31, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Epiphone Firebird"
Shipped quickly, arrived in perfect condition. My particular guitar even arrived with a decent set-up, low and easy action with no fret buzzing. Pretty great guitar.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?