Epiphone Firebird Electric Guitar
BACK IN STOCK

Epiphone Firebird Electric Guitar

Capture the beauty of a genuine Firebird with this incredible Epiphone model. A set of ProBucker FB720 pickups projects the same raw fury as the original.

Overall:
4.5 out of 5 stars
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
Submitted March 31, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Epiphone Firebird"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Shipped quickly, arrived in perfect condition. My particular guitar even arrived with a decent set-up, low and easy action with no fret buzzing. Pretty great guitar.
17 of 17 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 2, 2021 by Bluesman Sammy Guy in Poconos, PA
"Listen up childrens, let me tell a story!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Listen up children's, pull up a chair, I'ma gonna tell y'all a story. Been a Blues player all my life ( started playing age 5, I'm almost 60 now). Purchased my first Firebird in 1976, a Gibson Bicentenial 'Bird'. Loved it. Got run over by a careless roadie after a gig in 1983. Since then I purchased 9 more: 2 Epiphone (until this one which makes a 3rd Epiphone) and 7 Gibsons. The older Epiphones had, shall we say, issues. One with a bolt on neck had the red paint come off in my hand at a gig but the guys in Blue Oyster Cult (who we were opening for that night) thought it was cool. Looked like I was bleeding to death on stage. Another was so top heavy it was darn near unworkable. Now the Gibsons: in a word, they sucked too. Looked good, but some had electronic issues, most had poorly applied finishes and ALL of them had tuning issues even with Steinberger tuners. Problems, problems, problems. But I love the look and feel, and can manage to squeeze gig out of them before they need adjusting. Now, fast forward to this one ( my 10th Firebird) a 2021 Epiphone 'inspired by Gibson' Firebird. In a word: FLAWLESS! Finish and fit is perfect. Intonation is perfect. Tuning stays perfect. Balance is perfect. I love this thing. It is 1/4 the cost of my Gibson Firebird Elite, and has NONE of the issues that lemon has.This is everything a Firebird should have been from day one. Sustain for days, plays like a dream. And guess what? It does ( in my opinion having owned so many Firebirds) put the parent brand Firebird to shame. This thing is IT!!! Don't have headstock envy, the big 'G' has disappointed me at every turn even as a diehard Firebird lover, but this one is head and shoulders above the previous Epiphone versions, and in my opinion, better than the Gibson version, spoken from a lifetime of experience with the Firebird model.
54 years playing, lifetime touring and gigging pro
Blues, rock
20 of 21 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 6, 2021 by a customer from live.com
"Great guitar - needs a LOT of love out of the box."
Overall: 3 out of 5 stars
For the pricepoint I didn't expect it to look or play like it's 2000$ big brother, but it holds up very well in some ways, and falls flat in others.The finish on this guitar is amazing, and it really does look and feel stunning in your hands, until you get into some details.Frets were sprouted terribly upon arrival - which can happen in shipping, it is what it is. But I had to seat several frets - hammer time ! - and file the ends down on every fret by a large margin ( after treating the bone dry pau-ferro board and letting it sit in my climate controlled guitar room for a week or two at 55% humidity ).The fretboard is my biggest issue, and the one reason I may not keep this guitar in my stable. It just looks and feels SO rough even when oiled and stored at proper humidity. The grain is very long and very wide, creating a textured feeling that is akin to playing on an old sun-soaked picnic table at best.Not sure if these models get any QC either, my 3 way switch was dead on arrival and was only a two way, which got upgraded with switch-craft immediately and was not worth a returndd. Plug it in and it sounds like a firebird, and I still don't think it's a terrible guitar at the price point - the biggest disappointment is this fret board.TLDR - paint finish and binding is all great, it looks killer and sounds the part too. Lot of love lost in the details though, be ready to polish it up a bit if they're all anything like mine was.
20 years playing
RockBluesSinger-songwriter
25 of 26 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 7, 2021 by Ron S in Lupton, MI
"Absolutely love this guitar!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Cudos to zZounds. Easy transaction, delivered on time.This guitar arrived perfect! Took it out of the box and it is stunningly beautiful. No fret spout. Nicely polished frets. Good set up.Took it to practice last night. My bandmates were wowed, too!The tone, sound, is that of a 63 Gibson Firebird.Didn't think it would replace my Gibson Firebird Studio, but, there's a very good chance that this knocks my Gibson Les Paul studio off of the stage, I only take two, and it will be the Birds.Buy with confidence.Watch for the new Lemon Frog album "Citrus Amphibian", coming spring of 2022. This guitar will be on it!
I've been playing guitar for 55 years.
Classic Rock, Metal

Submitted June 3, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"OUTSTANDING!!!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Have drooled over the firebird since I was a kid. Finally bought this epiphone version and I am totally satisfied. Wow Epiphone has really stepped up their game. Wow!
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 27, 2021 by Mike Campbell in CORNING, NY
"Stunning!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
This is a beautiful guitar! The finish is flawless. Played well right out of the box. Pickups have a midrange honk when pushed. Love this guitar. Highly advised!
Have played guitar 50 years.
Rock,blues

Submitted October 26, 2021 by walter murphy in Hicksville, NY
"epiphone firebird"
Overall: 4.5 out of 5 stars
except for one qc issue regarding the bridge pick-up and after a soup to nuts set-up which i do to all my new guitars it is an excellent sounding and playing guitar
dont play out but jam regularly 40 years playing
rock metal blues country worship

Submitted March 2, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Just awesome!!!"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
If you like southern rock and blues this guitar is amazing at it. Having said that, it’ll still play country licks as well. Came setup pretty good from the factory, just put my strings on it and played it through my Vox.
9 of 10 people (90%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 26, 2021 by Bryan F in Waveland, MS
"Great Firedird , very close to my Gibson"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
I've had this Epiphone Firebird almost a year , and I have to say I got a really good one , straight out he box it was really nice , no fret end sprouts or unlevel frets , as others stated , but I guess mine was built on a Wednesday lol, I also own a 2019 Gibson firebird , both are the same color and only difference is the bridge. And the headstock is slightly different , as far as QC the Gibson had a few Bless in the finish but not bad the. Poly finish on the Epi was pretty flawless , and they both have the neck through construction, I actually think they sound very similar as far as pickups go , and the Epiphone actually has very nice CTS pots and Orange drop caps , I did make some mods that I do with most of my Epiphone guitars , I changed the large bridge studs and Bridge out for U.S. conversion studs and a nickel U.S. ABR1 Bridge , and a Gibson aluminum tailpiece which vibrates better and transfers the tones to the body better , I also changed the 3 way switch to a switchcraft Firebird/SG style switch and that's it the Grover tuners hold tune perfect and like I said the Epi Pro Firebird pups are awesome, I've A/B this guitar on a Fender tweed Blues junior and a Vox ac15c1 and it sounds fantastic , I also did the same test with the gibson all settings the same and I swear they sound identical, so to sum it up the New 2020 Epiphone Firebird is a great buy and a great guitar , very chimey when clean and also can kick up the dirt when pushed , also ZOUNDS is pretty awesome. I love their pay as you play plan , I've been a customer for almost 13 years and they've always treated me fair, and I am a ALL ACCESS CUSTOMER, which is pretty cool , I hope this review helps you guys and girls out , take care and ROCK ON
Semi pro singer songwriter, guitarist , drummer and john in a Beatles Tribute Band
The Beatles , Doors, Oasis , 60's -2000 Rock and pop
4 of 5 people (80%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 16, 2021 by Isaiah H in Saint Joseph, MO
""I'm in Love""
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Thank you zZounds! You are now two for two. Once again I opened the box to find yet another beautiful instrument. I'm not just a little smitten this is a full blown oxytocin raging into a passionate affair of the senses. I must say as excited as I was to get my new Firechicken I also had some doubts as I have owned a mid to late 90's built Epiphone Firebird in the past. However that unfortunate specimen was cursed with a bolt on neck which left it feeling unbalanced as well as seeming to have a ridiculously long scale length verging on being a baritone guitar. I really loathed playing that guitar but I love Firebirds and I've wanted another since I rid myself of that sorry p.o.s. That being said my new Firebird is a far superior instrument as soon as I unwrapped my new gift to myself I plugged it into my Blues Jr. and immediately got a John Lee Hooker-esque tone think "Boom, Boom's" opening riff well Im far beyond delighted. There's been a smile etched into my face for a good 24hrs now. This guitar is a work of art from the beautifully walnut pin-striped mahogany neck-thru-body construction to the gorgeous cream binding and trapezoid inlays as well as the polished nickel hardware and Grover mini tuners. I'm incredibly happy I took a leap of faith and purchased another Firebird. This time its a "REAL" Firebird.
Guitarist/singer/songwriter since 1993
Blues based
8 of 11 people (73%) people found this review helpful. Did you?