Epiphone SG Classic Worn P90 Electric Guitar

Epiphone SG Classic Worn P90 Electric Guitar

Get the punch and growl that P90 pickups offer with the Epiphone SG Classic Worn. This SG has a 1960s SlimTaper neck profile for smooth playability.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 29, 2020 by James T in Hector, AR
"shocked"
I purchased this guitar feeling sure I would want to replace the pickups and that it would need tons of setup work before I would be happy with it, but I loved the color so I ordered it anyway. When I opened the box I couldn't believe how much better it looked in person (Inverness green ) the neck profile and satin finish are ridiculously comfortable and as far as the factory setup goes I spent the first few debating weather or not I should raise the action because it just felt too easy and effortless to play. The pickups? I don't see myself ever wanting to change these , which would be a first , I don't remember ever wanting to keep the stock pickups in anything. I've owned several epiphones and a few Gibsons over the last 35 years and I am shocked by the quality of the new epiphones. $379.00? Are you kidding? I want one for each tuning
I've been involved in music for about 40 years playing multiple instruments, recording and teaching
I am a fan of all things music. I think I've probably been moved and inspired by just about every style out there
10 of 10 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 13, 2020 by Franklin C in Phila, PA
"Just open the Box "first impressions""
I always purchased my guitars in store.. This my first purchase on line.. owned many SGs "Gibson's..this is my first Epi sg" and out of the box set up is on point...and very close to being in tune...and finish and color are insane "loving it"....neck and fret work are great..way to step up your game Epiphone...."but any Epiphones I've owned never had an issue with..but were all in store purchase and could inspect before purchasing"..and zZounds let me know every step of the way, when the guitar was available and being shipped ,..if you're on the fence go for it..,,well no ones home and now its time to take this thing for a rip!!!...have a great day all!!!!
18 years... in the beginning making my neighbors cringe...now they they are making requests
all of it ...if I hear a lick, riff or song in any style or genre of music..if I like it ...ill do my best to tryin learn it
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 7, 2020 by Isaac Lee II in Carrboro, NC
"Classic SG P90 tones on a budget"
You can get all those Classic P90 SG tones on this guitar. Iommi Monkey SG tones, Townshend Woodstock and Leeds tones and Santana all can be gotten of this SG Classic. Also you can get your own original tones too if you can play well and/or are versatile. I play through a NOS Laney Cub 8 for that Iommi tone. Highly recommended product if you want SG P90 tones but are on a budget or not picky about the finishes on your guitar. I might even get the P90 version of the Epiphone SG Special or upgrade to an Epiphone 2020 SG Custom with Humbuckers. Thanks again zZounds and to whomever is reading this have a nice day.
Blues Rock and Early Metal
Like I just said I play the Blues, Blues Rock Prog/Classic Rock and Early Metal on this SG Classic and it nails all the tones I
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 11, 2020 by Zachary Watt in Juneau, AK
"Killer SG for a killer price"
Got to my house in Alaska only 4 days after ordering, which is very impressive (nothing ever comes that fast in the great white north). Set up was great out of the box, except for some minor fret buzz on the b and high e strings, which was fixed with a few minor adjustments. The “worn” open wood grain finish feels amazing and fast to play. Makes me never want to go back to gloss finishes. The p90s crunch and scream beautifully. Sustain could be better, but hey, it’s $380... I couldn’t be happier with a guitar for less that $400. I’ve never known a guitar of this quality could exist for less than $400, and not only sound this good, but look this good. Love my little green machine.
Gigging in bars and small stages
Hard/Classic Rock, Punk
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 29, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Buyer Beware"
I was drawn in by the beautiful finish and the p90 tones of this affordable Epiphone. Once out of the box bad stuff started to weed its way out. Avoid if possible.
The sound of this guitar is amazing. The tone you get out of the p90s is something else.
This guitar does everything it says on the tin. However, buyer beware. It is a very cheaply made Epiphone. You get what you pay for. The pickguard had left over burrs from the machining, the neck binding didn't match up with the wood and left a minor but noticeable shelf that I feel every time I slide my hand up or down the neck. The tuners constantly slip and I am unable to keep this guitar in tune. The first time I plugged into my amplifier the input jack bolt stripped from the shaft and pushed into the electronics cavity.
Only downside of the tone is that when I play open chords it resonates the guitar so much that the pickup cavity hums too, along with the pickup mounting springs. Very noticeable when playing through amplification.
Again, buyer beware, you get what you pay for. If you want an SG with p90s then spend a little bit more and get the step up Epiphone or even a Gibson. The allure of the worn finish is great. the neck sans finish allows my hand to glide effortlessly, but that where the love affair ends with the guitar.
nearly 30 years of guitar experience
Rock, indie, metal, prog, classic rock, you name it I've played it.
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 3, 2020 by Steven G in Charleston, WV
"Vintage"
I love this SG. The neck is really nice and the P90s are true to the originals. The green finish looks nice but i would have liked to see it in a gloss. The first picture on the site had the crown on the headstock when I ordered it and that was a big selling point for me but when I opened the box it didn't have it. Over all I love this axe.
Mostly play drums. Some guitar and bass
Rock blues and hard rock
2 of 3 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 3, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Disappointed"
I ordered the Worn Cherry finish that I was extremely excited for only to be terribly disappointed once I received the guitar & took it out of the box.I was shipped a very poor copy of this guitar.The body was horribly carved out & showed more signs of wear fresh out of the box than my 1997 Gibson Explorer.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 15, 2021 by a customer from comcast.net
"Buyer beware, poor quality product"
SUMMARYIt's a relatively inexpensive guitar. That said, what I received was below par even for the price point. The fretwork was terrible. The nut work was terrible. The tuners are not very good, and the bridge didn't function properly. I like the pickups. I like the color. I like the bound neck and the neck profile. I'm undecided on the thin satin finish. I don't really like the feel of the back of the neck though, from a finish perspective. I nearly returned this and went as far as getting an RA but finally decided to keep it. PROS- Bound neck- Neck profile- P90's sound good- Green colorCONS- TERRIBLE fretwork - required a full fret level. At least 1/3 of the frets were high. - TERRIBLE nutwork - The slots were cut so high strings were .030" to .036" above the 1st fret. - TERRIBLE bridge hardware - One of the posts was too large for the hole in the bridge and would barely turn. I was able to sand and file to get it to work better but will replace it because it's still just very poor quality and doesn't adjust easily. - Marginal quality tuners. I replaced them with Kluson Revolution lockers, but that's $90.- Fretwire - is not very tall, about half the height of frets on a Gibson. This means you can get considerably less life from the guitar before the frets are so worn they have to be replaced.- This guitar has no case, and no gig bag.CONCLUSIONSOverall this is not a good guitar as it ships, even for it's price point. The overall quality was very bad. Count on it playing poorly and costing at least as much in repair work as the price of the guitar to get it to play well. I do my own work so it was more about spending my time on it, and a couple hundred dollars in parts. I do NOT recommend this as a beginner guitar - there are far better guitars for the same money. I have many high end guitars but also a few in this price range and this was possibly the worst of the low end guitars I've ever owned. I really should have just returned it. I nearly did.
1 of 2 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?