Epiphone Exclusive 1958 Korina Moderne Electric Guitar

Epiphone Exclusive 1958 Korina Moderne Electric Guitar

Based on Gibson's 1958 prototype that infamously never went into production, this limited-edition Moderne offers futuristic style and a lively korina body.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted April 15, 2020 by Rafael R in Whittier, CA
"Must Have Guitar!"
Wow! This guitar was amazing right out of the box! This is my first wedge shape guitar I have owned out of the original 3 ( Flying V, explorer, Moderne) and i am very impressed with the feel, sound, and comfort of this guitar. Feel, Fit, Finish The action and neck relief was perfect. The best part is that the fretwork is flawless, no sharp ends and no buzz anywhere along the fretboard! Fit and finish is very good as well. It is very well balanced and light weight. The neck is a fast slim taper D profile, which I can describe as 60’s profile ( .808in Thick and 1.695in wide at the 1st fret and .890in Thick and 2.113in wide at the 12th fret). Tone/ SoundThe sound is very similar to an SG, warm yet very punchy with a nice midrange due to the Korina wood.The pickups( Alnico classic pro) definitely do a great job emulating vintage humbuckers. They are great with high gain as well as clean. Overall This guitar is a great deal and you should snatch one ASAP while they are available. It’s the best way to own a legendary Moderne without busting the bank. A must have guitar for your collection!
6 year guitar player, playing occasional gigs and jamming at home.
Classic rock, early metal, modern metal
17 of 17 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 15, 2019 by William Kingsnorth in Ypsilanti, MI
"Great guitar!"
This guitar is much easier to play than its counterpartds the Flying V and Explorer. It is very balanced and the tone is great. So is the action!
Jam at home
rock
10 of 10 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 31, 2019 by Ralph D in Everett, WA
"I Love This Axe WAAAY More Than I Expected To!"
Having some experience with Epi guitars at this price point, I knew what to expect, or so I thought. This one has exceeded my expectations everywhere - the visuals are spot-on, no blemishes or flaws, the “unique” headstock and logo actually work well together to create a distinctive look. Best of all, the neck is fast AND fairly stiff (a challenge for other Epiphones I own). There are no unwanted buzzes or resonances, it’s comfortable on both shoulder and lap, and if you’re a fan of the look of a Korina guitar, this one hangs right in there with the Korina Vee and the Korina Explorer. It’s retro enough to be a fair stand-in for the Mid-Century Modern original. This one’s definitely a keeper, and I find myself wondering why the original model never made it to production. Perhaps its audience would never be large enough to justify the effort, but if you find this one sings to you, give it a whirl. Kudos to Gibson for selling a nice guitar at this price point - looks, feels, and plays like a much speedier instrument.
Longtime guitar guy, essentially an at-home player now. Play mostly guitar, a bit of bass, working into modern electronics.
Rock (40 plus) years, currently favoring instrumentals and sampled vocals/accents, Industrial, Electronic/Metal hybrids, Modern
19 of 20 people (95%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 5, 2020 by Greg H in Overland Park, KS
"Fun guitar"
Just got this and having a lot of fun with it. Haven't got a case yet, but have found this gig bag fits very well-- World Tour Deluxe 20mm Explorer Guitar Gig Bag
Semi-pro, 55 yrs playing.
Blues, rock
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 5, 2019 by John Mitchell in Carrollton, TX
"Great Axe"
This thing is absolutely very well made. I know, I was a pro luthier for many years, I know quality when it’s there. This bugger has no flaws!! Don’t be afraid of the “China” thing, makes no difference at all. Trust me. Sounds very good, pickups may need to go, but wow man, this thing just rocks! Blows away the Gibson’s out there now, their quality control just isn’t there right now.
Playing 49 years pro and at home
Metal, hard rock, blues
13 of 14 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 23, 2021 by John P in Bella Vista, AR
"58 Epiphone Moderna"
Ordered and received this guitar quickly and it arrived in perfect condition. Overall I love it. I had to do some initial setup -- bridge was set too high on low string side, and I moved 2 saddles ( G and B strings. The finish is great and the pups are fairly hot - can get distortion easier on my marshall origin 20, which you need hotter pups to get gain. The only hit I got on this guitar is that the fretboard feels like bending notes on a piece of cedar. When I changed the strings to slinky cobalt 9s, I dressed up the board and then gave it a good coating of Johnsons paste wax and buffed that out -- now it feels great.One last thing -- since I play alot on my lap, it did have a tendency to slide to an uncomfortable position. To fix this I use double sided scotch tape and it holds alot better. I have done this on another guitar - same results. On standing using a strap it sets well and is a joy to play
Playing for 7 years
Rock, Gospel, and some country

Submitted November 15, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Epiphone Moderne"
Great guitar and incredible program.Fast shipping and top notch service .I will recommend your gear and your site to everyone!!Best out there..Dave. Chasin Guitars
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 17, 2019 by Jason M in Saginaw, MI
"Ok guitar for the money"
First off I own and I've always liked Epiphone guitars and basses since I was a kid. This one I bought to finish out my collection. I was hoping it had the same neck as the Amos flying V, but sadly it did not. I'm not sure about the wood used for the body either. The example I received had normal issues that I guess you would expect from a $500 guitar. Neck had back bow which I got somewhat corrected due to a cross threaded truss rod nut. The electronics we're another story. I know I must have been spoiled by the Amos but the humbuckers didn't sound right. Upon inspection I found the bridge ground wire(not attached) was ran through my toggle switch not allowing the switch to active the bridge hum. Also the humbuckers we're themselves wired wrong. After some soldering it sounds a bit better but I plan to gut it like a fish and redo the electronics. Overall it's s cool guitar just gotta go over it and check quality for yourself maybe replacement some components?
32 hobby guitarist
9 of 15 people (60%) people found this review helpful. Did you?