When you call, mention priority code 20H-45LQ

Rating and Reviews: Epiphone '58 Amos Flying V

Joe Bonamassa's treasured 1958 Flying V, nicknamed Amos, is recreated in this Epiphone Flying V, outfitted with ProBucker pickups that model legendary PAFs.

"Amos V" submitted January 25, 2018

By Jeff J
Overall
Musical Background: Played guitar professionally for 35 years, although I do play keyboards and bass as well.
Music Style: I play all styles of music, but feel most at home with blues, bluesy rock/classic rock, funk, and country.
Overall: Epiphone did an excellent job with quality control on this guitar. I've yet to find a single issue with it, aside from needing new strings and a full and proper set up upon arrival. It's simply beautiful, well-balanced, hangs beautifully, and plays and sounds like a dream when set up. The controls are smooth, quiet, and predictable, the tuners are flat out superb, and the pickups are clear and articulate. The guitar is remarkably responsive, stays in tune, and seamlessly shifts from clean jazzy/bluesy tones to snarling, biting rock tones, with the twist of a volume control. The signed portfolio and custom case are nice touches, although I parked the case aside in lieu of an SKB, for ease of hauling. I didn't know what I'd get when ordering this guitar online, sight unseen, but this is an excellent instrument, in every way. I'm very impressed overall. I'd hoped it would be a reasonably decent guitar, but really had no way of knowing how good it actually is. It's a very well-made, solid, beautiful guitar, and, aside from that, it's ridiculously cool!

"Surprisingly good." submitted April 14, 2018

By James B in Clearlake, CA
Overall
Musical Background: 35 years playing guitar, bass, keyboards, drums....whatever. Retired guitar builder, repairman, salesman, teacher.
Music Style: Mostly metal, hard rock guitar, progresso-jazz funk bass.
Overall: I was somewhat nervous about buying this guitar sight unseen. I've seen a lot of guitars that look great in the photos but real world examples have streaked wood, multi-piece bodies, over sanded, misshapen edges, etc. I was suprized to find that this guitar was actually even better than shown. All edges are perfectly consistently shaped. The neck/body angle is perfect, allowing for the optimum bridge and pickup heights. The wood is flawless and very straight grained. It has the correct style neck/body joint and the correct headstock angle. It's absolutely beautiful. The neck feels a little chunky compared to later model Vs, but correct for a 59. The finish is absolutely superb. It's leveled and polished perfectly, not the slightest dull spot or inclusion anywhere.After a thorough setup and new strings, it plays as well as guitars costing two or three times as much money.I was also very impressed that this guitar comes with a historically accurate 58 style V case. It's very sturdy and it looks awesome.Now here's the good part about this whole ordeal. I had bee eyeballing this guitar for quite a while and on the day I was going to order it from another online retailer, I accidentally stumbled onto the zZounds website. I live in California which taxes the daylights out of everything and the other retailer would have charged me nearly $90 in sales tax and also another $60 for shipping and handling. Ordering from zZounds would save me $150. Not bad.....but it gets better. With thier interest-free 4 payment plan, I needed only coff up $230 at first then let them take $225 a month for the next three months. Awesome. Instead of $1050 I only paid $230. What did I do with the money I saved? Ordered the matching Korina Explorer.

"Better than Expected" submitted April 24, 2018

By Scott Dooling in Parachute, CO
Musical Background: 38+ years with bands and at home
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues, jazz-most anything but country.
Sound: The sound is good-I just prefer a mellower pickup. Feature: Good quality wood, no imperfections anywhere that I can find-the QC is much better than what Gibson has been putting out the last several years (I do own Gibson's and returned 3 guitars made from 2015-2017 for poor QC-if you have an older Gibson, hang on to it) Ease of Use: Neck is chunky, which I like more than I thought-reminds me of my 1st electric guitar in the early 80's-a Hondo Destroyer (Explorer body)-had a neck on it like a baseball bat but very playable. Quality: Once you get all of the plastic film off of the metal and plastic hardware (and scrub the glue residue off) it looks really good. Like any cheaper gold plated hardware, it will likely tarnish before long. Value: I believe it is worth the price, not because it is a J.B. signature model but because it is quality made. For a little time and $$, you can customize it into any type of axe you want-you have the most important part already-a good wood combo and a straight neck with nice fret work. Manufacturer Support: I have had no dealings with Epiphone-I usually gut Epiphone's and put in good pots, toggle, jack and pickups. The Wow Factor: I really liked the natural finish, I liked that it didn't cost $2000+, I like the fact that I can mod it out and have an awesome sounding and playing guitar for less than a cheaper Gibson. As is, the guitar is great and the sound will appeal to some and it won't to others-that's why Seymour Duncan is in business. Overall: I just got mine in today-after a good setup and new strings, it was ready to play. The reason I purchased the guitar had nothing to do with J.B.-I bought it because it has a real maple cap, CTS pots, good tuners (holding tune for me), natural finish, a nice case and Epiphone's premier pickup-the Probucker. These pickups are the best Epiphone pups I have heard-clear on clean and crunchy on drive-I will replace them with either Pearly Gates or Saturday night specials-they are not for my taste but it doesn't mean they are bad pups-just a little twangy on the high end for me. If you buy, do yourself a favor. The placement of the strap button by the neck makes this guitar unbalanced and neck heavy-I tried numerous straps and the neck dived every time I let go. I took out my Gibson Explorer and measured the placement of the strap button on the back near the neck and body joint-it's 3/4" from the joint. I moved the strap button to the back and now it balances perfectly-it doesn't move when released.

"Awesome Korina V!!" submitted April 10, 2018

By Mike W in Chandler, AZ
Musical Background: Semi-pro , guitar only
Music Style: rock, blues rock
Overall: I bought this and absolutely love it!! I have 2 Gibson Flying V's and this sounds nearly as well especially for the price. The case and case candy is marvelous! You get 2 JB signatures too!

When you call, mention priority code 20H-45LQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST