Epiphone Limited Edition Brendon Small Ghosthorse Explorer (with Case)

Epiphone Limited Edition Brendon Small Ghosthorse Explorer (with Case)

Add a touch of brutality to your sound and style with the Ghosthorse. This 24-fret signature model includes a Floyd Rose and Gibson USA BurstBucker pickups.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted May 24, 2021 by Dustin S
"This thing is special"
I own several guitars, and have owned others, Deans, Gibson, Ibanez, another Epiphone; And this is now my all time favorite neck! 24 fret slim Gibson profile, and the graphite neck is not just any matte finish, it’s a non stick surface that hardly retains finger prints! And after a slight truss Ross adjustment and set up it’s the straightest flattest neck I have, wonderfully low action. I’ve always admired Small’s signature guitars but never pulled the trigger until now, glad I did. I was ready to swap out the bustbuckers, but they do have most excellent crunch, no plans to change out anytime soon! Only things keeping this from 5 stars. 1. The case arrived damaged, the strap that holds the neck in place busted loose, as it was held in place by 4 straight pins!! I was about to exchange but couldn’t imagine a replacement arriving any differently. Epiphone seemed to think it was fine... Wish they’d charge $50 more and made it a hard case. The rest is personal preference. 1, Not a fan of the body mounted tremolo, I’m about to have that routed out actually. 2. Shoulder strap button is not ideal. Explorers hang much better with a back strap button. Also fixing that. Otherwise this is one hell of a gorgeous guitar, I’ve played instruments that cost twice as much not half as great as this thing. Actually glad it’s limited mwahaha!
Intermediate player, largely self taught
Metal, blues, rock
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?