Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard Electric Guitar (with Case)

Featuring Gibson Custombucker pickups, the Epiphone 1959 Les Paul Standard has all the features from the Custom Shop at a fraction of the price.

• Overall:
    5 out of 5 stars
  • Sound:
  • Features:
Submitted April 24, 2024 by Shemp H in Streetsboro, OH

"Different, Better"

Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
(see rating details)
I know that at first glance this appears to be another re-hashed version of the '59 Les Paul that Epiphone released a few years ago. But now that I have it in my hands, I can tell it's not.I owned the previous version and didn't care for it much. THIS guitar, on the other hand, feels like a great Les Paul. The finish on mine is much more figured, the neck has a perfect vintage contour that fits my hand like a glove. It's a good weight at a little under 9 lbs. The hard case is more substantial, the setup on mine was actually perfect. The nut is cut perfectly and it's staying in tune fine.. and this guitar resonates acoustically extremely well. The open-book headstock looks great here too. But the star of the show here are these Custombuckers. I honestly believe that these are the best sounding humbuckers I've ever played. Very vocal & open sounding, both clean and distorted. I was dying to get my hands on a set, but didn't wanna pay the Gibson Custom Shop prices. This is just an overall great Les Paul that (I believe) will easily rival anything that Gibson USA is putting out these days.

30 plus years of guitar

Progressive Stoner Blues
29 of 31 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?