Epiphone Korina Explorer Electric Bass

Epiphone Korina Explorer Electric Bass

Say goodbye to boring basses forever with the sharp-angled Explorer. The pair of XR and XT humbuckers crank out a balanced, dynamic tone -- without any hum.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted July 28, 2018 by Mark Dodson in Lewisburg, TN
"Rare find...this one is a sleeper"
I bought this on a whim because I was tired of playing “traditional” shaped Basses. I bought a thunderbird and thought I would try this one out right? Just to keep with a theme. Wow was I shocked: I had been looking at pickups to replace the stock ones and to my surprise I don’t need them. Epiphone has stepped up their game. A few minor tweaks and this thing is a beast. Way different from my t bird. This is what I was looking for. Great construction. Solid as a rock. Hardware is fantastic and gleams professionalism. Do not be scared of the name. I played many Gibsons and this bass will hold its own. The sound is warm but has quite a bite. Balanced well. I use a strap that is 3.5 inches wide and has an unfinished back. This bass rocks. Had it 1 day. zZounds rocks!
Pro
Rock hevey metal
13 of 13 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 25, 2020 by Chris Ray in Mineola, TX
"Explorer bass"
This is a classic. Awesome vintage late 50s design that commands respect. In the late 50s when the explorer and flying v were released, a very dmall number of prototype eplorer basses were made with a unique 3 and 1 banjo tuners on the iconic "bannana" headstock. Those are the most valuable guitars on the planet now. * get this beast. Under 600 bucks is a good deal. The pickups sound awesome and the korina wood is very resonant and is much like mahogany. I like to upgrade my guitars so i put some beefy gotoh 707 tuners on and a high mass locking saddle bridge. Very comfortable to play also, jist a big long bass so be careful swinging around and get a case!
Ive been playing for fun about 15 years on bass 7 years on guitar. Professionally played bass for 4 years.
Classic rock, hard rock, doom metal,nu metal, metal, death metal, funk, progressive, blues, country, but mostly 70s,80s, bass.
4 of 4 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 24, 2018 by Tom H in Carmel, IN
"Echoes of Entwistle"
This is a sweet bass, well-crafted, pleasing to the eyes and ears, and just plain fun. The controls are more than adequate, courtesy of the pickups, plus minimal neck-dive. Regarding handling, however, I'm 6'5" with fairly lengthy arms; shorter players might find it awkward. Regardless, I get lots of compliments, given that I show it off whenever I can. Cheers!
30+ year keyboards; 20+ bass; 18+ guitar
Rock 'n roll; blues; anything else I like.
5 of 6 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?