Eminence RF10C Redcoat Red Fang Guitar Speaker (10")

Eminence RF10C Redcoat Red Fang Guitar Speaker (10")

Add some extra bite to your amp's tone -- this 50-watt Eminence Red Fang speaker uses a ceramic magnet to deliver more harmonic depth than ever.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted December 7, 2015 by Kevin H in Yakima, WA
"Print Eminence RF10C Redcoat Red Fang Speaker"
I have tried 100's of 10" speakers, and this is one of my all time favorites. I would be surprised if anyone could dislike this speaker. It is efficient but has a warm smooth break-up with rich mid-range, deep distinct bass, and thick, chimey highs. No ice pick. This reminds me of the Dr. Z 10" speaker which is also one of my favorites. They must have somewhat similar construction.
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 20, 2015 by a customer from comcast.net
"Great speaker"
The 10s in my dr z maz 18 2x10 combo just had this harshness in the high end that I could not dial out. The harshness went away when I plugged the MAZ intoin my this my speaker search began. Everyone says ALNICO is the best this and that but since this is my first time doing speaker shopping I found it to be a huge hassle. There are so many options. I've read that eminencee does great work and I found the RFC10 for $56 here at zzounds and decided to just go for it. I'm so glad that I did. Th speakers aren't even fully broken in and the harsh high end is gone. I can finally run the treble on the MAZ above 12 o'clock and run the cut above 9 o'clock and still sound great. I'm so happy with this speaker. My only complaint: I wish they made other versions than just 8ohm.
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 16, 2016 by Chris G in Bethesda, MD
"Emi RF10C Red Fang 10" Ceramic."
Purchased to replace the stock speaker in a Randall RVC 5 watt combo. Tight squeeze so depth was a factor. My goal was to maximize the potential of this extremely raunchy little amp.(that's a good thing), Quite pleased with the results. Still in the early stages but speaker and amp sounded great when I finally cranked it after some light use and about 16 hours of break-in running the radio or cds.
over 45 years, some pro exp.
Rock and blues, Detroit rock
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?