Electro-Voice ELX200-12SP Powered Subwoofer Speaker (1200 Watts)

Electro-Voice ELX200-12SP Powered Subwoofer Speaker (1200 Watts)

Only 41.2 pounds, this compact sub delivers big low end for your ELX PA rig. Control your sound via Bluetooth with EV's customizable QuickSmartDSP presets.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted September 10, 2018 by Albert Mendez in Spring Hill, FL
"Power Beyond its size!"
I rated these before but my review never posted. I recently had an accident and had to revisit what I use to DJ with. (My back is shot) I bought 2 Behringer B112Ds, but the output and impact on my sound was minimal. I was going to try the EV ZXA1 Sub, but thought the price was too steep for a 12 inch sub that has been around for years. I came across the ELX200 12 inch sub and decided to spend the $600 plus dollars on it. Needless to say, I do not regret the purchase. These little subs really kick. I only have 1 and it has made a significant improvement in my sound. I pair it with EV EKX 12ps and various other tops I own. The thump is for real. If your on the fence, do not worry! (get these) Your back will thank you, and so will your audience.
Since I was 17. I am now 57
All genres since I do mostly Weddings
13 of 13 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 18, 2019 by Ryan Custodio in Las Vegas, NV
"Packs a Punch"
For something compact, light, and portable, this sub provides a strong and solid low frequency response. This is perfect for small gigs and small venues, but for the more demanding requirements of larger events, this will not reach out far enough and will simply be insufficient even with the 1200 watt rating. EV has larger subwoofers for that purpose. Other than that, it's an awesome sub for the price.
DJ 10 years
Open format
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 30, 2018 by Al Mendez in Spring Hill, FL
"Finally!!!!!"
I had a really bad accident which left me unable to carry big subs. I mostly do weddings and really wanted some dance floor thump. I tried 2 Behringer B1200Ds. They filled out some bottom but the clip light was constantly on, and the bass was missing punch. I considered the EV ZXA1 12 inch sub, but I found them pricey for being a pretty old model speaker. When the ELX 200 series came out, I took a chance and spent a pretty penny for one 12 inch sub. As soon as I hooked it up in my house to my EV EKX 12s Pictures started falling off the walls. This sub simply kicks butt for a 12. It won’t slam a 500 student school dance, but you will not disappoint any clients with these babies, Two of them side by side with some quality 10s or 12 tops would make a pretty powerful compact system. If you can’t or don’t want to struggle with 80 to 100 pound subs, this is the way to go. This speaker booms way beyond its size.
Ohh man 30 years +
All genres as I do Weddings
11 of 12 people (92%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 12, 2021 by Dirk S in Jupiter, FL
"Surprised"
Really surprised how good these subs work. Bought one to try and now buying a second. We run a micro PA and added the subs for bottom end. Used them on outdoor stage and left the 18’ subs in the truck. After hearing the little sub we realized we didn’t need to deal with those monsters to get our sound. I run them thru an Aux send for best performance.
Weekend warriors guitar, sound man, pro videographer
Southern and Classic rock

Submitted May 2, 2019 by Terry O in MILILANI, HI
"Wasn't Reliable"
After reading great reviews, I ordered one. Sounded awesome for about 45 minutes, then it died. The LED and DPS panels were still lighted, just no low end output at all. zZounds was GREAT in doing a fast exchange but...The second one did not power up at all. Swapped out the power cord, plugged other devices into the outlet to make sure everything else could power up...but this EV subwoofer was Dead on Arrival.So no, I'm not going to request a third unit. My confidence with EV and this ELX line is shattered. I can't afford to have a unit fail on me during a gig...I couldn't even get this one (actually two of them) to work at home.
30 years of guitar, bass, semi-professional
Jazz, acoustic rock
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?