When you call, mention priority code 20L-PXX9

Rating and Reviews: Electro-Voice EKX-15P

This EV PA speaker pumps 1500 watts of Class D power through an EVS-15M woofer and DH-1M HF titanium driver. Dial in your sound with on-board QuickSmartDSP.

"Awesome speakers" submitted June 6, 2015

By Ruben B in Hammond, LA
Overall
Musical Background: I'm not a professional but i enjoy listening to clean clear music
Music Style: Old school r&b
Overall: I recently purchased the ekx 15p and had the opportunity to use them for the first time in a dj setting a music hall to be exact with 150 people, man those ekx 15p are awesome they never ran hot or clipped i can hardly wait to add the ekx 18 subs, honestly they sound better if you set the DSP to music and 0db and use your controller/mixer to tweak the sound. I'm not a professional DJ or pretending to be one its only my opinion on a awesome sounding speaker

"Buy This Speaker!!!" submitted April 23, 2016

By Bryan Kearney in Cheshire, CT
Overall
Musical Background: 42 years playing live. Lead vocalist, percussion, saxophone, EWI. Professional musician.
Music Style: R&B/Soul, Rock, Reggae, Blues, Country
Overall: I purchased these speakers on April 1, 2016 and tried my new pair of EKX-15PS for the first time last night in a live sound application. I am a lead vocalist and after using these speakers, my voice was ready for more after a 4-hour gig. The accurate reproduction with the full warmth of my voice helped me sing effortlessly. The sound is incredible and easily covered the large room my band played in. I could hear every instrument and voice clearly in the mix! I was never even close to full volume with this pair and played without subs in an 8 piece band in a large room with a large crowd! I can honestly say that no one noticed because the bass response is phenomenal. I do plan on adding a pair of subs, but it is nice to know that in a room, the low end response of these speakers will handle the job. On our outside venues, we will obviously need the extended lows and additional power of subs. But these speakers will still sound great from a good distance outside. The built-in DSP and EQ makes tailoring your sound to the room a breeze. Light weight, easy to use and phenomenal sound!!! Bottom line: Best speakers I've ever owned!!!

"Electro voice EKX-15P" submitted August 25, 2016

By Mick V in Myrtle Creek, OR
Overall
Musical Background: Been a drummer for years....Played professionally in the SF Bay Area...Rock Canyon and Silverado Bands.
Music Style: Classic 70,s Rock, blues, country & variety
Overall: Amazing sound.....at 60 percent the sound is clean and what a sound....I set them up in my garage and used my CD player, oh my, my neighbors came over to see where the party was...they were also amazed by the clarity of the sound....wanted to kick them up but am saving it for my gig on Sept 5th....I am very pleased, ya pay a little more, but get so much more in sound....worth every penny....I have always used EV,s with my sound....always have had good luck with them....Highly recommend the EKX 15P,s

"JUST WOW!!!" submitted January 23, 2017

By DJ T in philadelphia, PA
Musical Background: mobile DJ
Music Style: hip-hop reggae African
Overall: got these babies about 3 months ago and finally got to use them on friday at a wedding. let me put it this way, no need to think twice GET THEM. the sound quality is second to none..everyone at the wedding including other DJs were complimenting the sounds quality...thanks also to zZounds for the payment plans, couldn't had gotten these without that.

"Jay L" submitted October 21, 2017

By Jay L
Overall
Musical Background: Music lifer!
Music Style: All genres!
Overall: I bought a pair of these EV EKX-15sp's and I am very happy! The boom is great and the weight answered my prayers! After having double hernia surgery and getting back healthy the weight is perfect. I was a little hesitant at first but now I don't regret it at all. Those 18's aren't gonna taunt me anymore....Heavy!! I use 15 ZLX's for tops and my rig sounds great for music and karaoke. I just bought 2 of the EV Evolve 50's and so far they are fantastic as well. All together transferring both pairs to places are gonna make my days so much easier and the sounds on highs, mids and bass rock the house! I can't fail to mention all the reps at zZounds for their complete attention and professional advice getting the purchases and info wrapped up. Austin is the man! I will do another review on the EV Evolve 50's as soon as I tweak and push them next! Shop at zZounds! You won't be disappointed! PEACE!

"Do some arm exercises..." submitted June 6, 2018

By psiklon 1
Overall
Musical Background: 40 years of electronic music.
Music Style: See musical back ground
Overall: I secretly give this a 9 for recommendations, these are pretty massive in real life. At the shows they look big but this is ridiculous in a good way. The sub is big enough for my needs but I should have considered the smaller speakers... lifting them up is not for a weakling. On the other hand , no one will snatch them and run very easily! The FED EX man was not to pleased with the load he carried up, hand ruck and all. Hand truck, there is an idea. Once they were on the stands, they are very imposing and quite well made. I am going to use earplugs , these are as loud as a bell ranger at fulll lift off. I bought these for my bucket list ya know, they nearly wasted me unpacking them!

"EV EKX" submitted October 26, 2016

By kevin Eagan in fairview Heights, IL
Musical Background: musician and dj
Music Style: all genre
Overall: I had these speaker out on about 4 DJ gigs with and without subwoofer. The performance was truly amazing. I high recommend them for djing. There heavy,but I dont think you get sound reproduction out of plastic cabinet speaker like wood one. Nice finish and super duty ready to perform.

"Amazing Sound, great looks..." submitted July 18, 2018

By Dan B in ORLANDO, FL
Musical Background: Mobile DJ for 3 Years
Music Style: Hip Hop, R&B, Neo Soul, House, Latin
Overall: All I can say is these speakers sound and perform amazingly. As a mobile DJ, I'm always looking to upgrade my equipment, and it was time for me to graduate from my current league of speakers and enter the pros. The EKX line of EV speakers is their mid/pro level speakers. The ZLX and ELX being the entry and mid ranges (respectively). The ETX are their Pro level. You will not think of these as mere mid-range level speakers at all. I'll break the reasons down below: Construction/Aesthetics When you take the speakers out of the box, they scream craftsmanship. They are indeed heavier than your run of the mill plastic-bodied PA Speakers, as they should, as they are wood enclosures. There is no flex or wobble in these speakers. The grills are machined perfectly and just look very modern and top tiered. They are covered with what EV calls: EV Coat. It's pretty much the same type of material as a spray-on bed-liner. I have had the opportunity to use these at a gig that I had to drive 6 hours to get to, in an SUV full of lighting equipment and flight cases. Even with equipment leaning on them and bouncing into them, the speakers stayed blemish and dent free. I DO need to get covers though, and I will. SOUND Of course, this is what every performer, musician, DJ and Club Owner cares about. These speakers sound INCREDIBLE. While I haven't compared these to EV's top of the line ETX speakers, these pretty much top all the other speakers I spent months and months researching, these being JBL, Mackie and Yamaha. They hold up well to even QSC's, but at a lower price point. I'm not going to go into technical specs and lingo, like SPL, Watts, Hz and KHz. I'm going to speak in laymen terms. I bought these speakers because my "roadie" moved out of town and I'm left with hauling equipment to gigs by myself. I previously had 12 inch tops and 2 15 inch subs. Combined, that system weighed about 270 pounds. The subs alone weighed 90+ pounds. Too much weight and too awkward for me to move around by myself, even with my folding, rolling cart. I was at a formal where the DJ had two 12 inch EV Elx's and they sounded wonderful. So after some research (and 2nd hand testimony from a LOT of DJ's) I found that these 15 inch tops would have sufficient bottom-end (bass) for the events I do. I sold my other speakers and bought these. In short, I bought these so I could cut down on bringing 4 speakers with me, while retaining a full rich sound. These do that. The highs and mids are great. I will say, if using a DJ controller or mixer, you'll have to cut quite a bit of top-end down some, as it is LOUD. The bass is deep, punchy and well rounded. The bass on these speakers is ALMOST as powerful as the bass on my two entry level SUBS! I can already tell, as a bass-head, I'll probably be purchasing one or two of EV's EKX subs... The wooden cabinets definitively make the difference here, for bottom end sound. I keep the gains on 0db and use my DJ controller for all sound related modifications and, man-o-man, these speakers will EASILY fill a venue for 200 people. I haven't used the much talked about DSP settings much, but for my needs, I keep the gains on 0db and put the DSP to Club and that's all that is needed, for me. SIZE As I mentioned before, these speakers have replaced two 12 inch tops and two 15 inch subs... Their wonderfully rich sound does come at a cost. The speakers are fairly large and heavy. Weight-wise, I believe they are just about 42lbs or so. That being 17lbs heavier (each) than my previous PA speakers, BUT, about 50lbs lighter (each) than my previous subs. Thankfully, they have 2 handles on them (like on sub boxes). Both of these are on opposite sides of the enclosure. I would have loved to have an additional handle on the top, like on their entry to mid-level speakers, but I make due with them. It's better than having only one handle like on my other speakers. All this is to say that these speakers look great and sound SUPERB! Yes they are pricey at $900 a piece or $1800 for the pair, but they are worth it. Like the saying goes: you get what you pay for. I intend to use these until they fall apart!

"EV EKX-15P" submitted September 11, 2016

By Mick V in Myrtle Creek, OR
Musical Background: Been a drummer for many years, very new at DJ'n
Music Style: DJ's specialize in 1970's classic rock, blues, country, Motown of course drum to the genera mentioned with my band....
Overall: I bought two EKX, powered speakers, used them on my first DJ outdoor gig....the sound was amazing, people enjoyed the tunes...was a gig at our local Veterans Hospital, so had to tone it down a bit, and even at low volume the sound was clear and clean. Got compliments on the sound...very happy with my choice, and thank you zZounds for excellent service, and super fast shipping....Highly recommend the EKX-15P...

"Great Speakers. Sound very Crispy & Sizzling like bacon" submitted July 2, 2018

By Carlos Garcia in Temple City, CA
Musical Background: DJ
Music Style: Reggaeton, Cumbia, Bachata, Salsa, Banda, Corridos, Hip Hop, Pop/Top 40, EDM Dance, Funk, Disco, 80s,
Overall: I recently upgraded to these from JBL 515 Eon's and after doing lots of research decided to settle on these. I love these speakers. They do not disappoint. The only thing is they are heavier than the the JBLs I owned but worth it because of the output in sound they produce. I just used them for a wedding and they were flawless. I am a EV fan and plan to buy more in the future. Highly recommend to wedding DJs. I have them with a 15"SP EKX sub. Perfect combination.

"JUST AMAZING" submitted October 19, 2015

By Jonathan C in San francisco, CA
Overall
Overall: Definitely the best sounding speakers I've heard in a while! Had to purchase with Zzounds!

"EKX 15p" submitted April 9, 2016

By Brad Brown in New castle , IN
Overall
Overall: I bought the peavey dark matter dm115s wasn't sastified with the power and sound set them back and the EV EKX 15p it was night and day of the sound quality, if u want loud and good sound quality these r the ones (unbelievable sound ) very satisfied...

"KICK ASS SPEAKERS" submitted August 15, 2018

By L F in EL PASO, TX
Musical Background: 30+ Years, Mobile DJ
Music Style: House Music, Tech House, Salsa, Old School R&B, Etc....
Overall: Have been upgrading my Equipment and got these beauties last year. Easy set up, A bit heavy but no plastic! The DSP was easy to program and when I cranked them up....SWEET MUSIC TO MY EARS! I play different genres of music and these speakers do not disappoint!!!! Will be adding the sub subs to them shortly!!! Thank You EV!!!!

"Excellent Speakers" submitted January 11, 2018

By Pharoah Shepherd in Henderson, NV
Overall
Overall: I upgraded from the ZLX to this model and the clarity is awesome. I've done several gigs with these and so far I have no complaints!

When you call, mention priority code 20L-PXX9. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST