Electro-Voice EVM12L Zakk Wylde Black Label Guitar Speaker (300 Watts, 12")

Electro-Voice EVM12L Zakk Wylde Black Label Guitar Speaker (300 Watts, 12")

Punish your amp's speakers all you want. Zakk Wylde's signature speaker delivers deep low end, ultra-clear mids, and crisp highs -- all at up to 300 watts.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted September 30, 2018 by Meagan K in Greeneville, TN
"Monstrous!"
WOW! A little context; I have different types of speakers in cabs but mainly use a EVH 5153 4x12 and 2 Orange PPC412's with V30's. As much as I love all of those, today I put two of these in in a 2x12 cab that I had laying around and was just absolutely blown away when I plugged in and heard them for the first time. I did a side by side with the V30's, which I'm a huge fan of, and these were cleaner and have massive, deep and chuggy, smooth yet angry punch! The cleans are clean, the distortion all comes from your amp and not speaker breakup. I just want to play and play to keep hearing how amazing they sound. Every time I play, it's the same excitement I got the first time I heard them. This is the first review I've written on here and I felt compelled because it was almost a religious experience for me. Haha. They are expensive, and my GOD are they heavy as sin when you start adding them together and consider the box, even just two to a 2x12 box, but the sound they push out is second to no speaker I've ever heard personally. I'm no professional but I can't imagine anyone not at least liking these, I love them. If you decide to use them in a 4x12, like myself, get at least two or three roadies to do the lifting.
Over 20 years writing, singing and guitar, some pro, some not. Just got into drums.
Metal, hard rock, acoustic, rock n roll
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 14, 2013 by Aaron G in Menasha, WI
"Best Speakers ever....."
Purchased 8 of these for my pair of Mesa boogie Rectifier Straight cabinets. The sound is HUGE, tight and focused with unbelievable sustain and low end power. These are mated with my Pair of black faced Mesa Boogie Dual Ractifiers.
professional, playing over 25 years
Death Metal
12 of 12 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 25, 2011 by a customer from bellsouth.net
"Can't think about not having it!"
These speakers last practically forever if taken care of properly and they're almost bullet proof.
I build tube amps and I am always looking for a speaker that will translate the purity of tone that my amps produce. Well, I've found it! A pair of these hooked to my amp head and I was floored! Pure, uncolored sound with efficiency to boot. If you're looking for a speaker to reproduce the sound of a good tube amp, and the tone in your hands, this is it!
It's a speaker
Bolt it on and us the push clips to connect the wire... no soldering required!
Hand made in the good ole' USA. Doesn't get any better than that!
It's a bit pricey but nothing really good comes cheap. If you are like me you've probably bought 20 speakers and never really found the sound in your head. Compared to that it's cheap.
N/A
A must have!
Former professional player now amp builder
Classic rock to progressive
10 of 12 people (83%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 22, 2014 by irving polanco in yonkers, NY
"ev 12 speakers"
the speakers are great superrrrrr louddddddd am in love!
no i use speakers for my car lol
all music
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 10, 2012 by a customer from videotron.ca
"EV + Electronic Vibration"
im satisfied since 1992 in all day use and very much high class party
I use these speaker as a main top style with high power amp and nothing have a better response and dry sound... i mean they have so much reserve on the mid frequency, it's unbeleivable i used to play House underground, or old style pure rock 70 to 80's classic and disco.
i used 350 watts 8ohms per channel from behringer 2000pl amplifier and it's perfect u will never need to clip the amp to get good power sound and the speaker wil never heat ( i made all the test )
For guitar, bass, Rave underground, or live for Disco mobile its perfect.
i have these model since 1992, and u cannot imagine how much time i used at the maximum sound level i was abble to give him... what great party ive made...
u never loose the pricing value, today no speaker can deliver a quality like that and real music fanatic know it.
never have to use service.
i dont care about the price i will paid for a next pair of the spectacular speaker.
1992
all
7 of 10 people (70%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 11, 2016 by raya c in philadelphia, PA
"EVM 12L"
EV's (Electro-Voice) are always a good brand speaker. all depend what you are using the speakers for and how what amp you are using to push the speakers. "you pay for what you get, and the EVM 12L is always loud" great product.
N/A
hip-hop and RnB
1 of 2 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 29, 2011 by a customer from gmail.com
"If you are looking for that killer chest pounding sound, look no further, spend the cash, you won't be disappointed."
Amazing sound, thick, full bottom end with scorching high's. I loaded my Blackstar S1-4 X 12 cab with these and let me tell you they make a huge difference.
Real nice speaker terminals, solid well built!
Easy replacement, no problems.
Made in the U.S.A. Rock solid!
Paid 219.00 a piece but well worth the quality and sound by far!
Gave it a 10 only because it's an EV and made U.S., also purchased from Zzounds.
Looks real hot inside the Blackstar, to bad it's all closed up.
Hobbyist
Rock
1 of 3 people (33%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 17, 2009 by a customer from yahoo.com
"Best speakers on the market."
Anyone who wants to make their rig sound like something they've dreamed of, they simply must get these speakers, they're truly amazing. i've used a lot of speakers, and these destroy all of them.
Simply the clearest,awesome, amd amazing sounding speakers on the planet.
These speakers are perfect for everything-blues, metal, rock and roll. They perfectly sipport everything-high end, bottom end, any thing you want.
not much to say, they're just as easy to install as any other normal speaker.
Highest quality speaker money can buy, 'nough said
they're worth the high price, they could charge $500 for these and they'd still be worth it.
haven't had any problems yet, so i wouldnt know, so no comment.
well, it's a speaker so ther's not much to say, but the design on it is cool, easy to install, super versatile, what more do you need to know?
active musician
death metal, metal, blues
14 of 19 people (74%) people found this review helpful. Did you?