Electro-Harmonix 12AX7EH Preamp Tube

Electro-Harmonix 12AX7EH Preamp Tube

Electro-Harmonix gives distortion junkies all the gain they can handle without unwanted noise, thanks to a unique spiral filament in the 12AX7ED preamp tube.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted March 16, 2019 by Mark R. Garner in Metairie, LA
"A Great Tube for the Micro Terror"
I recently bought a used Orange Micro Terror head but I wasn't overly impressed wit the tone.I expected more. There was an audible buzz when the gain was cranked and the tone seemed sorta flat.I did some research and found some similar observations from others.A tube swap was the consensus verdict and many recommended the EHX 12AX7.I ordered this tube from zZounds and for an extra $1.99 I had it the very next day.After swapping tubes I have to say the improvement was IMMEDIATELY noticeable. The gain was boosted a bit but the most noticeable improvement was in the tone. T'was "more better".I tested the amp with an HSH Strat in all nine possible settings and it was "totally rad, dude"!I'm a novice when it comes to tube swaps so I have to rely on the advice of others. In this case I wasn't misled.This is a great replacement tube for the Micro Terror.
Former semi-pro now a stay-at-home jammer.
Rock, rock and rock.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 12, 2003 by a customer from hotmail.com
"Why pay so much for NOS tubes?????"
My musical goal is never ending but I can live with these babes for quite a while...
Very musical,top end perfect-not bright just right,mid range is upfront,mid bass is good but prefer a little bit more,bottom end tight and detail.Staging is wide, deep and well balance. Music reproduction for live and recording is accurate and honest. Biggest improvement in my triode amp with Brotish loudspeaker is the attack. Man,this tubes are pretty fast.
Well made
The best money can buy especially when compare to NOS!
The logo is pretty cool.
45 of 48 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?