When you call, mention priority code 20F-JD34

Rating and Reviews: EHX MEL9 Tape Replay

You don't have to be a keyboardist to create incredible Mellotron sounds! The MEL9 recreates anything from rich orchestral sounds to the iconic flute tone.

"Inspiring once you dial it in" submitted March 4, 2017

By Edu C in Santa Cruz, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Guitar player for 30 years, multiple gigging bands throughout the years, main songwriter for current band of 6 years
Music Style: Heavy psychedelic blues
Overall: I bought this pedal and crossed my fingers, while I'v had good experiences with EHX products I didn't have any experience with any of their organ simulators, I have a micro POG on my board and in my opinion It has the best tracking and sound of any of the octave type pedals I'v tried, that being said buying the Mel9 was the only way to see if it could work in my live set up. I play heavy blues with a multiple amp set up and pedal board real estate is precious, I bought this pedal in hopes of running it through a Marshall super lead that is set up just at the edge of breakup. It took a bit of tweaking to start to figure out what worked for me, this pedal does not sound great at just any setting you really have to take the time to dial it in for your own set up but once I found the parameters within which the pedal sounded good it was really inspiring to play and I instantly started working on not only new material but also on how to fit it into my bands already existing songs. A couple of things to consider if you are reading this is that you will probably need an amp with a good amount of head room set to be relatively clean, to me the pedal does not sound good with distortion or fuzz before or after it but when you get it just right it really brings a sweet new dimension to a guitar riff, Iv had this a couple of months now and I would say It's a keeper.

"Works on bass guitar - sort of" submitted March 7, 2017

By Allen F in Wakefield, MA
Overall
Musical Background: Been practicing for 4 years :-)
Music Style: Mostly rock, some classical (the really easy stuff)
Overall: By "sort of", I mean it works better on one of my basses than it does on the others. I tried it with a Squier VM Jazz bass with D'Addario EXL165 strings, and it works down to open A, though sometimes messes up. On an Ibanez SR300L with Ernie Ball Slinky Cobalt Flats, and an SX Ursa 1 with D'Addario Black Nylon Tapewounds, pretty much the same. But, with a Douglas Sculptor 5 (5 strings), it works all the way down to D on the B string! According to the manufacturer, it's only supposed to work down to the open A string. Why it works better on the 5 string bass, I have no idea. I have D'Addario EXL strings on that, hoping if I put on Cobalt Flats that it will still work as well. I saw a demo video on YouTube where it also worked down to low D, the guy in that video had a 6 string bass. It's weird, it seems to prefer 5 and 6 string basses. I guess I'm keep my 5 string bass! Some sounds on the Mel9 sound better than others, but the Cello sounds pretty good to me, that's why I got this anyway, so I'm happy. This pedal is better for guitar I guess, but I'm happy with it anyway. In general, it sounds better if I mix in some "dry" bass too, gives it more bottom end.

When you call, mention priority code 20F-JD34. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449