Electro-Harmonix Crayon Full-Range Overdrive Pedal
ONLY 3 LEFT

Electro-Harmonix Crayon Full-Range Overdrive Pedal

Open up a box full of tonal colors. With an open frequency range and dedicated bass/treble controls, the Crayon is an alternative to mid-focused overdrives.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 7, 2019 by Kenneth O
"A Tried And True Classic, Crayon Defines The Full-Range Overdrive Pedal"
I wish I had about 20 EHX guitar and bass pedals! I sure dig the many options and love that the build quality is always a lesson in USA spec deluxe. Durability counts and these pedals are exactly that. Having said all that, The Crayon is one of my fave overdrive pedals, regardless of cost. Place in front of clean tube amp, set as basically a clean boost. Then slowly start adding in some drive, be amazed, play all enthused awhile, then add a bit more overdrive, become a whole 'nuther guitar hero, play crazy enthusiastic guitar riffs, then crank a bit more. It goes on and on, very rich harmonics from the Crayon, really shines up other drive and fuzz pedals into mojo tone bliss. No bad settings with this pedal. Highly recommended, a real joy to play.
Decades
Blues, Rock, Country

Submitted February 5, 2021 by Eric N in Brattleboro, VT
"The Crayon vs My 1986 Tube Screamer"
Great Over Drive pedal at the best price. I had a 1986 Tube Screamer that works but is getting old. I bought this Crayon and set it side by side my Tube Screamer. I play through a DSL Marshall tube amp which has a good drive on it to begin with. It took me like 1 minute to set the Crayon to match the Tube screamer sound exactly. I like this pedal even better than the Tube Screamer.
Pro Guitar 45 years playing.
Blues / Rock / Metal

Submitted September 7, 2016 by James Busby in Aurora, CO
"Fantastic Pedal and even Better for the Price"
This this is badass. It's inexpensive, it'll last you forever, and it's got tons of flexibility from light crunch to screeching gain. I even got a sweet 50's rock vibe from it playing around through a Fender Bassman and PRS SE. For a while, I used it on my bi-amped bass rig too, adding a thundering crunch over the monstrous lows. Overall, it's a great pedal.
7 of 8 people (88%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 4, 2017 by Gabo Rufian
"GREAT"
cheap, great, versatile.
2 of 3 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?