Pacific Drums Concept Maple Drum Shell Kit, 5-Piece
ONLY 2 LEFT

Pacific Drums Concept Maple Drum Shell Kit, 5-Piece

On a budget? Here's your drum shell kit. PDP's Concept series offers boutique touches, like suspension-mount toms and high-gloss finishes, for a great price.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 9, 2013 by Keano in Port Jervis, NY
"Huge Upgrade"
I just got this kit in the mail the other day, and wow. The mounting system is beautiful. The toms can be adjusted to any angle and any height thanks to a ball and socket. The bass drum and mounted toms look amazing. The sound of the mounted toms are flat out amazing. No annoying overtones and not too much resonance (even with the stock heads). Contrary to a review I read, I found the floor tom to be the easiest to tune. The only thing I wasn't crazy about was the snare. It sounds awfully metallic for a maple snare, but after some adjusting, I was able to get the pop I was looking for. I was also sent the wrong snare that had a broken snare wire. I called PDP, and they remedied the issue without question, so manufacturer support is a 5, no doubt. Overall, I couldn't be happier with this kit. It is so hard to believe that this kit is only $699. In the future, I will also buy the 8'' add on tom. Amazing kit.
Drums and Guitar > 10 years
Everything
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted May 26, 2020 by Crystopher S in Pensacola, FL
"Simply great!"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
Okay, so let’s get this started. An honest and in-depth review:The PDP Concept Maple. First and foremost, if you’re anything like me sifting through reviews, you’re looking for reviews from individuals that actually own the kit, have experience with other kits to form a basis of comparison, and understand other brands and features. You’re ALSO hoping the reviews you’re reading aren’t from an overly excited 13-year-old that just got his first kit, and hasn’t had time to settle into it. You are in luck! I am a recording drummer. I have played drums for 20+ years. I own a total of 6 drum kits, that’s a downsize from the 2 I had in storage. Four of them, I purchased from zZounds... but that’s another story. The PDP CONCEPT MAPLE: Upon receiving the boxes. (it shipped in two) I grabbed a knife and cut away the tape, everything was well packaged in foam tape, or plastic wrap, with bumpers. I opted for the natural lacquer finish because there’s something about a blonde drum kit that I like. I immediately changed the heads (I always do) and started tuning. The first things I noticed: The finish is applied evenly, and very nicely. The bearing edges were cut properly, (unlike early runs of the kit) and there were no flaws. I did notice that the lugs were a bit longer than any other drum lug I’ve had (including a DW collectors series) and that they were a bit stiff backing out, and that’s the only reason why this review is at 4.5 stars, because I wanted to nitpick something, so if you’re cool with that, proceed to checkout and get this kit. Anyways. Tuning was shockingly easy, the maple shells have a lot of nice low end, with really good resonance and sustain. The hardware is nice, and the DW snare throw off is a very expensive feeling touch, that I’m glad they threw in on the snare. The bass drum hoops are thicker than they appear in pictures and actually look really great when mounted. The toms themselves don’t choke tuned high, and maintain good resonance tuned low... versatility is a very nice touch, and I notice the small details that the Concept Series offers. The bass drums mounting hardware that goes through the center threw me off. I love a virgin bass drum (a drum without a piece of hardware through the center) I quickly found that PDP makes a plate that you can mount over the bass drums drilled out hole, and you can’t mount your toms on a snare stand or double Tom stand, so again... details and versatility is nice. The Tom mounts float over the hardware so it doesn’t strain on the lugs, potentially causing awkward tuning issues when the drum is actually mounted. This means that when you tune the drum on the floor, the drum sounds the exact same when you mount it. Another great detail. Everything about the kit screams “high end”... finding lacquer kits at this price with cheaper wood alone is a task. So yes, they look beautiful. And if you’re like me, you’re comparing this kit to other similarly priced kits in the same realm, and by all means... check them out. The difference is the details PDP offered me, over competitors. Those little nice touches really reflect that PDP makes drums for drummers, and they wanted to cater to a vast genre of drummers. Would I buy this kit again? I’m already thinking about another just to have a backup to drag around. Overall, this kit is honestly priced too low for what it all is. To me, the Concept Series is a kept secret, and experiencing them in your own environment is a real treat. Enjoy.
20 years
Jazz. Funk, and good chops.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 20, 2013 by James N in Carrollton, GA
"The tuning !!!"
I love the drums but I hate that after a gig , Im tuning them up again !!! And the bass drum & Toms are okay !! But I don't like the snare !!!
Im a drummer for over 30 years !! I consider myself to be a local pro ....
Gospel, R&B, Hip Hop , Neo Soul , Blues & POP !!
5 of 7 people (71%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 19, 2014 by John S in Frozen Tundra, WI
"Resealed Deal."
I bought this resealed shell kit and it had a few scratches and nicks, however, it will be used as my practice set in my rehearsal studio. Great deal on an almost, brand-new set of shells. Replaced the batter heads on the toms and replaced the res head on the kick. Tuned 'em up and they sound great. I honestly wouldn't mind using this kit for shows. They're not bad lookin' either. I would pay the regular price for these shells. Worth it.
Drummer. Perform 2-4 X/per month for fun and a little cash. Same as everybody else.
Classic Rock, Rock......bla bla bla.
1 of 2 people (50%) people found this review helpful. Did you?
đź’¬