DR Strings Pure Blues Nickel Electric Guitar Strings

DR Strings Pure Blues Nickel Electric Guitar Strings

DR's Pure Blues strings feature a traditionally assembled pure-nickel wrap on a round core for increased sustain and vintage tone.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted August 5, 2014 by Marvin Mealer in Tunnel Hill, GA
"Best strings I've ever used"
First, you must follow the directions these are not hexcore... they are round core. The core WILL break and they will go dead quickly if you do not heed the warnings and follow the instructions. I use the 11's on my Strat and 10's on my SG. They have the sweetest tone and awesome feel. Ernie Ball eat your heart out. These are the only strings I'll use...ever.
I am a multi instrumentalist of 26 years on keys, guitar, and bass.
Praise and Worship, Gospel, Rock, Blues
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 15, 2016 by Danny B in Pleasanton, CA
"Favorite strings"
These have been my go to strings for about 6-7 years now. I had tried everything under the sun before that, maybe a year before had switched to DR and then once I came upon these, I haven't looked back. I have used them on Tele's, Les Pauls, Hollowbodies, Jazzmasters, Hardtail, tremolo and bigbsy guitars with nothing but great things to say. When i first started using them i was on 12's, a year later down to 11's and about a year and a half ago switched down to 9's. If you want a quality string and aren't set on hex, give these a go. Nice round sound and they feel great.
I have been playing professionally for 11 years.
rock, pop, blues, americana, country, chillwave, electro pop
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted September 19, 2012 by Tod M
"Not for Tremolos"
This is my second set of DR Pure Blues. The first set I got for my fixed bridge G&L ASAT. They lasted fine but I sold the guitar soon after so I can say for sure. The tone was just what I was looking for so I bought another set for my Bigsby (with roller bridge) equipped ESP XTone. One gig and two practices later, two strings out of this set have broken... Right at the bridge. The hi E was dead by the end of the first gig. Won't be buying again.
Full Time Pro - vocals, guitar, drums, bass
Blues, Rock, Roots
2 of 3 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?