When you call, mention priority code 20F-929G
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 20 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Dean Backwoods 6 Banjo

With its guitar-sized neck, guitar tuning, and DMT Design humbucker, the 6-string Dean Backwoods 6 electric banjo plays just like an electric guitar.

"Dean 6 String Banjo" submitted April 12, 2014

By Bill Buxton in Bisbee, AZ
Musical Background: 40 years , professional
Music Style: All styles
Overall: If you're looking to unpack this banjo & play it , don't purchase it . After I reviewed all the ads I could find about it , I made up my mind to purchase it & it by far is a great instrument with quality construction. The set up was easy . Some say to cut the bridge down & this would be a no,no because it would become to weak to withstand string pressure . I'll just purchase a few different styles later . You can simply slide the bridge up & down to regulate height adjustment. All screws are very loose during shipping. Within the package came the setup instructions, that were easy to follow & I did notice they are available on the internet. After spending about 2 to 4 hours setting the banjo up , it played very well & sounded great, without banging on it . I would recommend it to anyone but remember it is a heavy instrument. I myself can only hold it up for about 3 songs on my shoulder with a good quality strap .. I hope that my review helps .

"Dean Backwoods 6 Banjo w/pickup Black Chrome" submitted September 9, 2015

By Bob L in Durbin, WV
Overall
Musical Background: 50+ years on guitar, mandolin and dulcimer. Jam at home and do some private venues.
Music Style: Classic rock, 60's 70's & 80's. Folk and country
Overall: I have been playing guitar for over 50 years and I wanted a reasonably priced 6 string banjo. Ordered from zZounds the first one came in deplorable condition. Strings were in bad alignment. The sixth string was almost off the fretboard at the 12th fret and the inner body was filthy. It was returned and exchanged for the same model. zZounds was very good on the exchange. The new model was in excellent condition and I'm pleased with it's quality and playability. As for sound quality; its good but I will install a set of GHS PF120's Lights not knowing whose strings were on out of the box.

"Dean Backwoods 6 Electric Banjo " submitted March 31, 2015

By Mark D in Janesville, WI
Musical Background: 40+years.
Music Style: Very Hard rock/ metal. Free style classical. Electronic.
Overall: I am a 40 yrs. vet on guitar. I recently have choose to experiment with style changes. This puppy is Nice for that purpose. Obviously I need to adjust ME to IT. But We are getting along well together. :) Its a goody but recall SET-UP after delivery is required. Yah do not have to be a rocket scientist to do it yourself. And really you do not need a Drum Dial to tighten the head. Just common sense. :) Good Deal Folks!

"Dean BW6" submitted July 20, 2014

By Jeff Leavitt in Pocasset, MA
Musical Background: Been playing bass 30 years, Keyboards 20 years,
Music Style: Country, rock, prog metal, dark ambient wave
Overall: It's a good banjo for the price but as a bassist I should have gotten a 4 string tenor banjo. This Dean is built very well and sounds good and it'll suit guitarists well. It has about the same action as a Les Paul. just a little higher. You might want to get an aftermarket wooden bridge later on if you want the tone to really stand out. The one they provide is some sort of plastic. A compensated bridge would make it easier to intonate as well. I returned it because of the string spacing, I have large fingers.

When you call, mention priority code 20F-929G. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST