DigiTech The Drop Compact DropTune Pitch Shifter Pedal

DigiTech The Drop Compact DropTune Pitch Shifter Pedal

Detune your pitch from one semitone to a full octave! Use the latching function on longer passages or as a momentary effect to quickly dip down and back.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted October 26, 2016 by Dan Milbrandt in Des Moines, IA
"Get one"
I play bass in a hard rock/metal band and we have many different turnings throughout the sets so I thought I would try this pedal to easily deal with the constant struggle of tuning or having to switch guitars all the time I use this regularly we tune as low as drop B and this pedal makes the changes so easy it also holds the key very well I keep telling the guitarists to get themselves one but I guess they just don't believe in it yet so don't be like them get this and simplify your life
I've been playing over 20 years bass drums and guitar
Rock,metal,country
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 8, 2016 by TY C in Mobile, AL
"DigiTech Drop Pitch Pedal"
I'm in a band and we play 90's-00's covers. We always play the songs in the key they were wrote in. So as you can imagine you need a bunch of guitars ranging from E to C. This was a big issue for guitar and bass. So we did some research and decided to give this a try. This pedal saved us in many ways. Not only did it reduce bringing 5 guitars to a show to just 2, it's how well it does the signal change. There is virtually no difference 3 - 4 half steps down. You start to hear a little fake-ness the further you go but again it's almost unnoticeable. Also the latency for solo's was incredible. I highly recommend this pedal. Especially if your in a band and find bringing a lot of guitars a royal pain.
30 years
rock
6 of 6 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 17, 2018 by Niko Z in Miami, FL
"Incredible Utility!"
I play mainly tech death and neoclassical, with some thrash and prog thrown in as well. This little pedal has made my life so much simpler! Bump it down 3 or 4 semitones below standard, and it still tracks incredibly well, even at 250 bpm! Very natural sounding until you get to about 5 semitones; still sounds decent, but definitely more digital. Things can get a little wonky with the octave + dry setting (especially in the lower register) but it's so much fun to experiment with that it's more of a nitpick than anything. My only regret is not picking this bad boy up years earlier.
Bedroom shredder with 11 years of experience
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted April 28, 2017 by Louis B in Mobile, AL
"Great deal for a lifesaver for live bands"
I play bass in a 90s to modern rock cover band. We found ourselves brining four or more guitars to shows to cover all the tunings. We were arranging sets to minizie the swapping. This (along with a Hipshot detuner) eliminated all that. The guitar player for our band and I bought one of these at the same time. They work great, tracking is basically not noticeable. We try to stay within setting 2 or 3, as you get further down, you begin to hear some artifacts. But in the lower settings when cranked up live, you cannot hear a difference. The one con I have found is the placement of the "Momentary" switch. If you are not careful, you can accidentally switch it with your foot when popping the pedal on/off. Not a deal breaker, but something to be aware of in the heat of the gig. This was a gamechanger for our live shows. Highly recommended.
bass player for many years. Weekend warrior
rock
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 2, 2018 by Zack W
"Handy to have. Easy to use."
I like to use different tunings but I hate all the problems that come with it. Changing string gauges, intonation, proper scale length... all those issues are a thing of the past. Now I can take a standard tuned guitar and play in any tuning I want. I can drop it a half step or a whole step - great for '90's rock. Or I can drop it all the way to B or lower and enter 7 string / 8 string territory. I can drop it a full octave if I want. Then i can switch back to standard tuning. All with the press of a button. It's like having 5 guitars instead of one. The only thing that is missing is it doesn't have a battery compartment. Runs on AC only so you have to have an outlet to plug onto. Overall it is a great pedal and another fine product from zZounds.
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 19, 2017 by Ty Collard in Mobile, AL
"Drop Pitch"
I play in a cover band and like most bands we play in the key of the originals. I had reached a point of bringing 5 guitars to a show. I had watched a rig run down of this pedal. Best decision i've ever made with my gear. There is no difference in the first few half steps. I will say the lower you go the more you can tell the sound isn't just right. We usually play in E down to C and you can not tell this guitar is not tuned that way. It's a powerful tool and i highly recommend it. My only negative is the switch. I wish it was in a different location.
30 years
Rock, Metal
3 of 3 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 27, 2020 by Geron R in San Angelo, TX
"Amazing pedal!!"
This pedal is a life saver if you use one guitar for multiple tunings. I can drop tune a guitar with a turn of a dial. The option to use a mix of dry signal, and an octave drop sounds great. There is a toggle switch that allows the foot switch to be pushed once or held down that will engage the effect until released, or until its pushed again.
Home studio
Rock, metal, punk, alternative
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 19, 2017 by Jennifer G
"Works great"
This pedal is a god send. It really saves on having to drag around a bunch of guitars. There no real latency I have found. I have tested it down 4 semi tones that would be two full steps down from standard 440 tuning and it's dead on. It's a life saver truly we play stuff in 440 and Eb no in D. Before I'd need 4 guitars now I only need two.
Guitar and for more than 25 years. I do play professionally.
A little bit of everything but lean to 80's Rock and dance.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted November 25, 2014 by Jimmy T in Douglasville, GA
"Best drop tuning pedal I have used"
I play bass and I have not use a lot but out of the hand full this has been the best. It tracks well and I love the flexibility of it. Could not rate Manufacturer support as I did not have to use it
Bass Player for 6 yrs, Gig 2-3 multiple times a month
Classic rock, Southern Rock,
4 of 5 people (80%) people found this review helpful. Did you?