When you call, mention priority code 208-6M6X
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Cerwin-Vega XLS-12

Fill the room with classic Cerwin-Vega punch. The 300-watt XLS-12 passive speakers deliver powerful bass and detailed mids, thanks to their 3-way design. Unpowered. Requires separate power amplifier.

"Awesomeness!" submitted September 17, 2014

By Mike H in Sterling, IL
Musical Background: I don't play but wish I could
Music Style: Rock, Dubstep, classical, oldies, motown,
Overall: I was having difficulty deciding between the XLS-12's or the XLS-15's. Without being able to hear them prior to purchasing, the price of them at zZounds made up my mind. I couldn't pass up the price on the 12's! I went with the blemished ones which were brand new, unused, but the original boxes were thrashed and the grilles had a dent...big whoop. The price was excellent! Now for the sound of theses things; HOLY FRIGGIN COW!!! These are absolutely amazing sound quality! These topped off my XLS theater as they were the last piece. I already had the 6" center and the 15" sub, but was using some very old fronts from my teenage years. They were 15" 3-way Jensen's from the late 80's. They sounded great back in the day and actually still sound good but didn't have the clarity I was looking for in a theater setup. Having the 15's prior is why I was having difficulty deciding which to buy. These XLS-12's are CRYSTAL clear, will rattle anything off the walls and hit so hard that that that you would think a car ran into the side of your house! They definitely need to be amplified to get the true potential, but even off a 90W per ch. reciever, they were still astounding! Now they are amped at 150W RMS, which according to CV is still a little shy, but unless they are in an enormous room or a club, it is more than enough to make earth shattering sound and just amazing clarity! One downfall to boosting the watts to them was I had to amplify my center channel as well, but now the center channel sounds even better than it did before. The center is the XLS-6C. Honestly, with these 12's, I don't even NEED the 15" XLS sub, but man what a sound!!!

"Crown XLS2502 & Cerwin Vega XLS-12" submitted February 20, 2016

By Daraka Gardner in Charlotte, NC
Overall
Overall: Short answer: Buy the Crown XLS2502 Drive Core 2 amp! Long answer: Setup: Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1101 (I am upgrading this to an Onkyo) External power amp: Crown XLS2502 Drive Core 2 Speakers: (2) Cerwin Vega XLS-12, Cerwin Vega XLS-15S (powered sub), Cerwin Vega XLS 6C (center channel) Assumption: Crown amp driving the floor standing Cerwin Vega XLS-12 (3 way, 12” floor standing speakers). I had bought the Cerwin Vega XLS-12 that was first driven by the Pioneer receiver alone. It sounded good however at loud volumes, around 90 volume level on the receiver, it became very, very distorted. Sounded awful and was very disappointment. The speakers needed lots of power. So after much research I settled for the Crown XLS2502. WOW! I honestly do not know how loud can my system can go now. It is so clear at LOUD volume. ZERO DISOTRAION at any volume level. I had no idea that the speakers were that under powered by the receiver. When you hear your speakers cracking with distortion they are under powered, not because it’s too loud. My system at low-medium volume level sound good, but when cracked up to 90 they sound great. Lots of bass, extreme clear vocals from the mids and crisp highs from the tweeters. The Crown amp and Cerwin Vega XLS-12 are the best purchase I have ever made. My house is ready for a real party now. Sorry neighbors my house rivals most clubs.

"beast" submitted May 5, 2016

By robert drogowski in battle creek, MI
Overall
Overall: I have 2 xls 12s and a xls 15s sub. And the rest of my 7.1 system is onyko wich includes a ht s592 recever wich is a beginner av receiver. Holy crap this sounds so good it's crazy. I m getting a better receiver I don't need more power but I can't help myself. Cerwin Vega is a phenomenal Speaker . You can't go wrong plus zZounds has the best customer service Ever. Wow factor is a 6

"The Best Solution For My Home Theater" submitted April 9, 2015

By Thomas S in Toms River, NJ
Overall
Musical Background: Keyboardist,computer music recording hobbyist and audiophile.
Music Style: Rock,classic rock,pop,alternative,jazz,electronic...
Sound: The sonic quality of these speakers are superb for it's modest price tag and the low end response is excellent...but again,a substantial amount of wattage is needed to properly utilize their potential. Feature: As I had mentioned above,the "removable" grilles are a pretty useless feature(if you intend on re-attaching the grilles again.)As for what is useful,these speakers may function well in a studio(provided that they're properly amp'd...but they are a bit too large for most modestly sized rooms.General music listening and/or a home theater application,is the best use...it seems. Ease of Use: It's easy to get good low end at lower volumes with these,but like I had said,these speakers are power-hungry. Quality: The XLS-12's appear to be very sturdy and of course,the metal speaker grilles are rock solid.As for the driver cones...well...I can't really gauge how sturdy those are,because I am unwilling to ruin the adhesive that has the grilles sealed in place,so I never took the grilles off to inspect the cones.They appear to be made of only paper pulp,which is a bit disappointing to me,(being that a lot of speakers these days,are made out of carbon fiber,Kevlar and glass aramid composite.) Value: The Cerwin Vega's XLS line,are the only home audio speakers I know of,that have this unique 3 way design(with horn-shaped wave-guides for tweeters & mids) and bass driver cones that are larger than 8'.Personally,I don't care for the typical home theater tower speakers,because they are too thin & unstable,which is why I absolutely love CW's 12" and 15" designs! Manufacturer Support: The company is fairly easy to get a hold of and they are eager to answer any questions that you have(although I do find some of their answers to be frivolous.) The Wow Factor: Though I am not particularly fond of the Cerwin Vega color scheme,I do love the overall design of the cabinet and it's front baffle. Overall: The XLS-12's,represent the ideal option...for those who don't want to waste an excessive amount of coin,for ultra high end bookshelf speakers and don't want to be bothered with a subwoofer either.The low end on these monsters are very apparent,even at low volumes...which is fantastic(which is good for apartments with volume restrictions.)However...if you want to bring this puppies to their fullest potential,a high wattage amp is essential(especially if you are going to run a surround configuration).I am currently running a 2.1,4 speaker set up and I have a 270W Sony amp...which is not nearly enough to power the XLS-12's properly.In the Cerwin Vega promo video,they advertise that the speaker grilles are removable,which is not entirely accurate.Meaning...that to say they are removable,implies that the speaker grilles have tabs on them that fit into some corresponding holes in the cabinet,but this is not the case.Actually...on the top and bottom ends of the grilles,are rubber strips,that are glued in place,so if you want to remove the grilles(you better be prepared to wrestle with the adhesive that holds the rubber strips in place and hope you don't tear the rubber into pieces..then...after which,you re-glue them,if you intend on re-attaching the grilles.I never did this myself,because I was afraid of damaging the speakers and I didn't want to create a mess.The geniuses at Cerwin Vega customer support,said that the reason the grilles are not easily removable like conventional speakers,is that they are "professional" speakers and yet,these speakers can be found under the HOME AUDIO category of their website.Come on people,the XLS series are CW's home audio line of products,not their pro PA line!

"Liking These Speakers" submitted March 17, 2014

Overall
Overall: Needed a replacement for my 12 yr old vega 710's. Bought some douchey polk audio towers from that "other" online retailer and promptly blew em in less than a week. Sent em back for a full refund and went back to Plan "A"..get some more Cerwin-Vegas. The waveguide kinda focuses the hi's,but these ROCK !!
10 of 11 people (90.91%) found this review helpful. Did you?

When you call, mention priority code 208-6M6X. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449