Crown XLS2502 DriveCore 2 Power Amplifier (2400 Watts)

Crown XLS2502 DriveCore 2 Power Amplifier (2400 Watts)

Crown's XLS2502 DriveCore 2 power amp drives your rig with up to 2400 watts bridged, offering plenty of headroom in a package weighing less than 11 pounds.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted February 20, 2016 by Daraka Gardner in Charlotte, NC
"Crown XLS2502 & Cerwin Vega XLS-12"
Short answer: Buy the Crown XLS2502 Drive Core 2 amp! Long answer: Setup: Receiver: Pioneer VSX-1101 (I am upgrading this to an Onkyo) External power amp: Crown XLS2502 Drive Core 2 Speakers: (2) Cerwin Vega XLS-12, Cerwin Vega XLS-15S (powered sub), Cerwin Vega XLS 6C (center channel) Assumption: Crown amp driving the floor standing Cerwin Vega XLS-12 (3 way, 12” floor standing speakers). I had bought the Cerwin Vega XLS-12 that was first driven by the Pioneer receiver alone. It sounded good however at loud volumes, around 90 volume level on the receiver, it became very, very distorted. Sounded awful and was very disappointment. The speakers needed lots of power. So after much research I settled for the Crown XLS2502. WOW! I honestly do not know how loud can my system can go now. It is so clear at LOUD volume. ZERO DISOTRAION at any volume level. I had no idea that the speakers were that under powered by the receiver. When you hear your speakers cracking with distortion they are under powered, not because it’s too loud. My system at low-medium volume level sound good, but when cracked up to 90 they sound great. Lots of bass, extreme clear vocals from the mids and crisp highs from the tweeters. The Crown amp and Cerwin Vega XLS-12 are the best purchase I have ever made. My house is ready for a real party now. Sorry neighbors my house rivals most clubs.
23 of 24 people (96%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted January 11, 2019 by Lonnie M in Richland Hills, TX
"Very Efficient, clean power - no noise"
This review has been selected by our experts as particularly helpful.
Very powerful with tight bass and damping. Using to bi-amp and for woofers the sound is excellent. The fan has never come on and the amp is always cold. Using the amp in a horizontal bi-amp configuration for HT
Professional vocalist for 30 years
Everything except gangsta rap
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 26, 2019 by Ryan B in Milan, IL
"Great Amp!"
The Crown 2502 has plenty of power to push my speakers. I have yet to find the right speakers that meet my standard of listening pleasure. I tried the Cerwin Vega XLS 15 but was not happy with the sound. The hunt for the perfect front stage is now on. Until then, I now use the crown amp to power an old pair of Boston Acoustic CR9s and they sound fantastic. zZounds shipped the amp fast and provided me with great service. Very happy with the purchase.
Blues
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 14, 2018 by Ed P in Detroit, MI
"WOW. POWER!"
Holey heck! I just upgraded from the XLS2002 model which is the model down from this one and OMG, this thing pumps so hard. Much harder than the 2002. I have it running two Peavey passive 18" subs into a 4 ohm mono load. It drives them until they can pump any harder. Never clips. AWESOME!!!
Jamming at home
Electronic, rock, 80's
15 of 16 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 28, 2015 by Nando O in Wylie, TX
"Crown XLS2502 DriveCore 2 Power Amp"
This product is just what i needed to power side fill monitors. More than enough power @ 8ohms 2400 watts. I recommend this power amp, you wont be disappointed.
Over 25 years professional experience playing Bass. Also play sax, keyboard, drums, sound engineer, light tech
Classic Rock, Funk, R&B, Pop, Tejano, Country, Cumbia, Top 40
16 of 17 people (94%) people found this review helpful. Did you?