map marker icon Shipping to
When you call, mention priority code 201-R9Y7

Rating and Reviews: Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HSH 2PT

With a classic alder Dinky style body and a two-piece, bolt-on caramelized maple neck, this Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 is equipped to riff for hours on end.

"Amazing Guitar!" submitted November 20, 2019

By Keith B. in Orlando, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Music teacher & professional.
Music Style: Classic rock, blues.
Overall: This guitar rivals most custom shop offerings in that the neck is magical, and the fit & finish are flawless. I can't say enough about this wonderful instrument, and it came perfect straight out of the box! Charvel for life!

"I have a crush on my Orange Crush Charvel" submitted November 13, 2018

By Elliot B. in Amherst, OH
Musical Background: 30 yrs
Music Style: METAL!!!!!!!!!
Overall: I had a JP16 but I got rid of it because I was not a fan of the pickups and overall tone of the guitar. For it's price point I did not feel it was worth it to spend money on swapping pickups. I did miss how incredibly comfortable the guitar was, especially the neck. That is where this Charvel comes in. They had one at my local store and grabbed it on a whim. Wow, the neck felt fantastic and even though my guitars are usually black I found the satin orange very appealing. I ordered mine from zZounds and have had it a few days and I have no regrets. The guitar was reasonably set up and looked perfect. Some new strings, some stretching and into my Helix and 2x12 Randall with EVM 12L Black Labels. I was very impressed with the sound from the SD Full Shred and Alnico II pickups. The guitar offers a nice variety of tones with the 5 way selector and the volume pot is very smooth with almost too little drag. The neck joint/heel are very comfortable and the tremolo works well with the locking tuners. The neck is slim and actually has a hint of maple scent to it. I mentioned the JP16 earlier because after owning it and now this DK-24 I feel this is a very similar guitar for about $1500 less.Only a few differences: Electronics/pups, SS frets, USAmodel) Neck profile, feel, comfort, playabilty are almost identical. Both are great guitars and if you do not have budget limitations by all means get the JP16, get both lol. All joking aside though this DK-24 is a serious guitar and a great value at this price point.
13 of 15 people (86.67%) found this review helpful. Did you?

"Great Value" submitted December 26, 2019

By Lee G. in Conshohocken, PA
Overall
Musical Background: Professional for over 35 years.
Music Style: Blues Rock Jazz Metal Country Classical Progressive
Overall: Great guitar. Takes a minute to break in and get the tuning stable. The nut could be cut a little cleaner. Still fine playing. Everyone who's tried it raved about the neck. I just ordered the HH version. Love my Orange Charvel!

"I received junk" submitted November 7, 2019

By Jason G. in The Villages, FL
Musical Background: 22 years lots of different music
Music Style: Mostly rock and blues
Overall: I have been playing a good while and I never wanted to play anything more metal than maybe some sabbath, but I have always loved listening to all kinds hard rock metal. I decided after all these years to buy a guitar that could play a bit faster, and a bit harder. I tried a Schecter, but it was just not comfortable to me, so after seeing all the love for this model, and lots of comparing them all I chose the Charvel. This won’t be a long story but it can happen, so I want to share it. When I pulled it out of the box, I heard something rattling around inside, and I could see the bridge was sticking way off the body, pulled to the neck. I opened up the trem cavity cover, and there were 2 springs and a piece of wood rolling around in there. I emailed Charvel and the guy sent a diagram of the trem. I hooked up all the springs and the bridge was still over an inch off the top. I spent hours trying to get it right. It was not out of adjustment, it was NOT INSTALLED completely. The claw screws were not even close. Then I had to adjust the truss rod and string height. I was never able to get the neck to be playable because even at the right dimensions, most of the notes above the 16th fret would not ring out for more than 4 seconds, sometimes not 3, and I don’t have the ability or time to whatever fret work was not correct at the time of manufacturing. Fender basically said even though it was not completely built and put to factory specs, they would not pay “if it just needs adjustment.” So you could receive one, which was not built properly, arrived with a trem bar only, in poor packaging for 950$ and you will have to return it, because they will NOT make it right for you. You get what they ship for a grand, but it might be completely built or not but it’s your responsibility to finish it not theirs. Never again will I buy a Charvel.

When you call, mention priority code 201-R9Y7. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Miércoles 9AM a 7PM EST

We have warehouses across the U.S., so most shipments arrive in 2 days or less.