map marker icon Shipping to
When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-DLN7

Rating and Reviews: Charvel Pro Mod DK24 HH 2PT CM

Sporting a bolt-on caramelized maple speed neck with graphite reinforcement and smooth, hand-rubbed finish, the DK24 is built for lightning-fast playability.

"Impressive tone machine" submitted June 3, 2020

By JM A. in Las Vegas, NV
Musical Background: 40 Year Aficionado
Music Style: Metal, Classic Rock, Jazz
Overall: The Charvel DK24 2pt CM (Tri-Color Sun Burst) is a lot of bang for you money. The guitar is designed to cover a lot of ground as it offer ten different tone possibilities. The Baked Maple neck is smooth and fast, fairly slim but thicker than a wizard III. The backed maple looks amazing and is very soft to the touch. The finish is stunning and flawless. The wood grain on mine is really nice and comes through the finish making it very pleasant to look at. The bridge saddles looks similar to a graphtech string saver. For what I can tell it works the same way. Love the location of the output jack. It looks very functional and practical. The neck heal carving makes all the high fret accessible. My guitar is light and very resonant. Sounds amazing. The pickups seems responsive to the pick attack. I can only point out one flaw, that was fret sprout through the entire fretboard. This is my first baked maple guitar so I don’t know if it is still weathering. I can fix that so I am not concerned but I know it may to off others.

"Great guitar" submitted November 16, 2019

By Vince S. in Puyallup, WA
Overall
Musical Background: Over 20 years experience. Play in both cover and original bands
Music Style: Rock, Classic rock, blues
Overall: Guitar shipped well protected and double boxed. Once out of the box the 1st thing that struck me was the look and feel of the caramelized/roasted Maple neck. Overall it's a very well made and good looking guitar with a beautiful finish. Needed a quick set up and some fine tuning but nothing too serious. Once plugged in wow what a variety of sounds. Seymour Duncan pick ups are nice and with the 5 way toggle and series/parallel switch you basically have 10 different settings.

"Super fast" submitted August 7, 2020

By Oscar L. in Miami, FL
Musical Background: 12 years of music and guitar studying
Music Style: Hard rock/blues to progressive metal
Overall: My first impression with this guitar was the “caramelizad” maple neck. Even though it’s roasted, it’s a little different than other roasted maple necks that I’ve tried. I don’t know why this felt much faster and super sleek. Playing this guitar it’s a complete pleasure. The neck is thin but rounded so your hand doesn’t cramp often which I love, again it feels super fast. The pickups are decent and offer a wide variety of tones. What I didn’t like about this guitar were the components. The 5 way selector feels super cheap and weak almost like it was about to break, the volume pot it’s super loose whereas the tone knob it’s super stiff. Tunning stability isn’t that bad but for this price range I would expect a perfect tunning stability. zZounds services were good as always and the guitar came super fast.

"Like it a lot .... but comes with annoying quality control issues" submitted June 28, 2020

By Matthew S. in Mechanicsville, VA
Overall
Overall: I got the Blue Frost....Beautiful color. Neck looks & feels amazing other than the protruding frets (more on this below).... smooth & easy to play. Still going through the tonal options with the series/parallel switch. The bridge pickup is incredible for classic shred stuff as expected, but so far I'm doubting it's going to replace the neck pickup tone of my Strat. I did find an acceptable "quack" tone" in position 4. Love the trem.... installed the new strings, 1/4 turn on the truss to relieve the high action, intonated, & all ready to rock. Not so quick....Unfortunately, there are some quality issues that are unacceptable for a $1k guitar. Tuning stability is horrible. Even the slightest bend knocks 3-4 string out of tune. After some research, the fix for now was to bypass the string trees. I'd say improvement was around 75% better. Why no staggered tuners??? Next issue is the protruding fret ends top & bottom full the length of the fret board. Why, how, did it leave the factory this way? Crazy. So now, I have to decide keep it & do some basic quality control on it or exchange for another & hope it's better. Pretty annoying after months of research on "super strat" style guitars. I expected better attention to detail for $1k. Also to spend a grand & not get at least a gig bag is disappointing. No documentation came with this guitar whatsoever. Don't know about support yet.

"Killer Guitar" submitted December 27, 2019

By Lee G. in Conshohocken, PA
Musical Background: Pro for almost 40 years
Music Style: Music. Period
Overall: I've been a pro since the early 80's. It's been a long while since I've liked a guitar so much immediately. Opened it up an hour ago. Gave the truss rod less than a quarter turn after tuning it up. Now I was in love with my orange HSH DK24. It took about a month to break in and stabilize the tuning. This guitar stays in tune, right out of the box, dive bombs etc no problemos! The neck is everything everyone is saying. Just buy one!

When you call, mention priority code 1ZR-DLN7. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Domingo 9AM a 7PM EST

We have warehouses across the U.S., so most shipments arrive in 2 days or less.