Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HH 2PT CM Electric Guitar, with Maple Fingerboard

Charvel Pro-Mod DK24 HH 2PT CM Electric Guitar, with Maple Fingerboard

Sporting a bolt-on caramelized maple speed neck with graphite reinforcement and smooth, hand-rubbed finish, the DK24 is built for lightning-fast playability.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted June 3, 2020 by JM A in Las Vegas, NV
"Impressive tone machine"
The Charvel DK24 2pt CM (Tri-Color Sun Burst) is a lot of bang for you money. The guitar is designed to cover a lot of ground as it offer ten different tone possibilities. The Baked Maple neck is smooth and fast, fairly slim but thicker than a wizard III. The backed maple looks amazing and is very soft to the touch. The finish is stunning and flawless. The wood grain on mine is really nice and comes through the finish making it very pleasant to look at. The bridge saddles looks similar to a graphtech string saver. For what I can tell it works the same way. Love the location of the output jack. It looks very functional and practical. The neck heal carving makes all the high fret accessible. My guitar is light and very resonant. Sounds amazing. The pickups seems responsive to the pick attack. I can only point out one flaw, that was fret sprout through the entire fretboard. This is my first baked maple guitar so I don’t know if it is still weathering. I can fix that so I am not concerned but I know it may to off others.
40 Year Aficionado
Metal, Classic Rock, Jazz
7 of 8 people (88%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 11, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"This axe is fantastic!"
Light and lightning fast this Charvel is a serious pro level instrumentBest neck I’ve ever played..going to my other guitars feels awkward and laborious The finish is really smooth and the ergonomics are great.The guitar can rip and there are many sonic choices that make it not only a shredder’s delight but very versatile.super versatile.

Submitted January 25, 2021 by Mark Germany in Denton, TX
"Love it, but...."
This guitar plays so wonderfully, mostly. It feels awesome, and the caramelized neck is pure bliss, but the frets feel unfinished. They are clunky. It never should have left the factory, much less the dealer, that way. Also, the guitar is not set up properly upon arrival. You will need to have the Gotoh bridge adjusted to sit level, rather than severely tilted back against the saddle. The strings that come stock are garbage, so go ahead and plan to replace them. They literally turn your fingers black....never seen that before. Finally, I had to manually tighten ALL the hardware on this guitar myself. The switch, pickups, input, and tuners were all loose upon arrival. Not a good look guys. Now, let me reprise the fact that it’s not the guitars fault. Buy the guitar, just be prepared to work for it.
20+ year touring musician.
Progressive Metal

Submitted November 16, 2019 by Vince SantaCruz in Puyallup, WA
"Great guitar"
Guitar shipped well protected and double boxed. Once out of the box the 1st thing that struck me was the look and feel of the caramelized/roasted Maple neck. Overall it's a very well made and good looking guitar with a beautiful finish. Needed a quick set up and some fine tuning but nothing too serious. Once plugged in wow what a variety of sounds. Seymour Duncan pick ups are nice and with the 5 way toggle and series/parallel switch you basically have 10 different settings.
Over 20 years experience. Play in both cover and original bands
Rock, Classic rock, blues
2 of 3 people (67%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted February 16, 2021 by a customer from verizon.net
"Great guitar, but wait there’s more..."
Bought this guitar in November of 2020, all was good.guitar is stored in a Gibson leather padded soft case with an in-case humidifier.Took it out today and there are finish checks all over the the guitar front and back. This guitar is not subject to temp or humidity changes. You can actually feel the checks with your finger. That’s my only complaint. Neck is smooth and fast and dare I say perfect shape, even with some heavy trem use it still stays in tune remarkably well.I guess I’ll have to contact Charvel about the finish but I suspect it’ll be a hassle

Submitted August 7, 2020 by Oscar Leon in Miami, FL
"Super fast"
My first impression with this guitar was the “caramelizad” maple neck. Even though it’s roasted, it’s a little different than other roasted maple necks that I’ve tried. I don’t know why this felt much faster and super sleek. Playing this guitar it’s a complete pleasure. The neck is thin but rounded so your hand doesn’t cramp often which I love, again it feels super fast. The pickups are decent and offer a wide variety of tones. What I didn’t like about this guitar were the components. The 5 way selector feels super cheap and weak almost like it was about to break, the volume pot it’s super loose whereas the tone knob it’s super stiff. Tunning stability isn’t that bad but for this price range I would expect a perfect tunning stability. zZounds services were good as always and the guitar came super fast.
12 years of music and guitar studying
Hard rock/blues to progressive metal
of 1 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 28, 2020 by Matthew S in Mechanicsville, VA
"Like it a lot .... but comes with annoying quality control issues"
I got the Blue Frost....Beautiful color. Neck looks & feels amazing other than the protruding frets (more on this below).... smooth & easy to play. Still going through the tonal options with the series/parallel switch. The bridge pickup is incredible for classic shred stuff as expected, but so far I'm doubting it's going to replace the neck pickup tone of my Strat. I did find an acceptable "quack" tone" in position 4. Love the trem.... installed the new strings, 1/4 turn on the truss to relieve the high action, intonated, & all ready to rock. Not so quick....Unfortunately, there are some quality issues that are unacceptable for a $1k guitar. Tuning stability is horrible. Even the slightest bend knocks 3-4 string out of tune. After some research, the fix for now was to bypass the string trees. I'd say improvement was around 75% better. Why no staggered tuners??? Next issue is the protruding fret ends top & bottom full the length of the fret board. Why, how, did it leave the factory this way? Crazy. So now, I have to decide keep it & do some basic quality control on it or exchange for another & hope it's better. Pretty annoying after months of research on "super strat" style guitars. I expected better attention to detail for $1k. Also to spend a grand & not get at least a gig bag is disappointing. No documentation came with this guitar whatsoever. Don't know about support yet.
of 1 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 27, 2019 by Lee G in Conshohocken, PA
"Killer Guitar"
I've been a pro since the early 80's. It's been a long while since I've liked a guitar so much immediately. Opened it up an hour ago. Gave the truss rod less than a quarter turn after tuning it up. Now I was in love with my orange HSH DK24. It took about a month to break in and stabilize the tuning. This guitar stays in tune, right out of the box, dive bombs etc no problemos! The neck is everything everyone is saying. Just buy one!
Pro for almost 40 years
Music. Period
of 2 people (0%) people found this review helpful. Did you?