When you call, mention priority code 20W-YX2K

Rating and Reviews: Charvel Pro Mod San Dimas

Everything great about '80s metal gets updated for modern times with the Pro Mod San Dimas Style 2 HH FR -- a high-performance electric for high-gain styles.

Overall

"Yes, my shredith runneth over......" submitted April 5, 2018

By CHRISTOPHER P in HALTOM CITY, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Ive been playing since the day I heard Shout at the Devil, basically a while. Done the band thing, jam thing.
Music Style: I'm a shredder and listen to pretty much any rock or metal with a great guitarist. My playing is inluenced by Nuno,Jake E Lee, S
Sound: My Jim Root has EMG's so I was wanting something more expressive. The hard mounted JB/59 combo really does sound very well with this wood and weight. Plugged into my 100 watt Peavy Windsor head and stomped on my Vai Wah. really nice tone. I'm a big Jake E Lee fan and the tone kind of reminded me of his tone off of Dusk. Raw and clear but distorted. Cant wait to experiment with the set up a bit more. Feature: The neck is really cool. Its wider than my Fender JR across the fretboard but the back isnt any thicker. It was unusual at first but after a god hour I had myself in the pocket and adjusted to the differences. If you like Ibanez necks, you would ALMOST be at home on this. Split coil is cool as I love a good single coil neck tone and adds more tonal dimension ala the 6 pack of sound. (YOUTUBE THAT) Ease of Use: This thing was in tune out of the box. Again after adjusting to the wider neck I was off to the races. The Floyd works as it should and I'll have to re-learn my trem tricks as I've been away from it since I've been on the Jim Root for so long. Quality: Man I gotta say I stumbled on Made in Mexico guitars by mistake 3 years ago with my Root Tele. That guitar was so well made I knew for my price range I was getting another MIM guitar. This one again, is so well crafted I'm really suprised at how well the Mexico factory does for the price point. Its a beautiful guitar in person that immediately gave off an EVH kind of vibe to it. FRETS, WOODWORK,AND ELECTRONICS all in perfect condition. Value: I think this thing is worth much more and very suprised it isnt at least a grand. Top notch build, great components, great specs. It's worth the price for sure. Manufacturer Support: I have not ever dealt with Charvel. But I'm a longstanding customer and advocate of zZounds. The one time I ordered a dream guitar "Les Paul" I recieved it packed expertly as usual but the build quality was so bad I sent it back. zZounds didnt even flich. Let me send it back and chose an SRV Strat instead. I am poor and if it werent for zZounds pay 2 play plan I wouldnt have any of the awesome gear I do now. The Wow Factor: Well its woody looking and I dig that. The picture that is in the zZounds page is a little bit darker than what I got. Which is cool as it matches closer to the lighter maple fretboard. So much like the Jim Root Tele, this Charvel Style 2 is hot rodded tele that you just dont see everyday. with some fantastic meaty pickups directly mounted to the wood, a Floyd Rose and all that beautiful wood grain this thing wow's. Even my girlfriend dug it. Overall: It came down to this Style 2 and a Wolfgang. After reviewing hundreds of youtube reviews and demo's and Guitar forum reviews I pulled the trigger based on a few things. First and foremost, reviews have been overwhelmingly positive. To be honest the only negatives were because the headstock wasnt a tele or there isnt a case. I have a Fender Jim Root Tele that is bad ass and also made in Mexico. So I kind of figured the build quality was going to be on point and it was.

When you call, mention priority code 20W-YX2K. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST