Celestion VT Jr. Guitar Speaker (50 Watts, 10")

Celestion VT Jr. Guitar Speaker (50 Watts, 10")

When old and modern techniques collide, you get the VT Jr! This Celestion guitar speaker handles 50 watts and offers low-end punch and high-end sparkle.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted November 13, 2019 by Mark Garner in Metairie, LA
"Wow, Beyond 'Pleased'."
I bought a Marshall DSL1 combo amp and while it sounds incredible, the stock 8" speaker is insanely bright with no bottom end and very little mid-range. (I opted for the combo instead of the head for those "grab and go" moments.)I decided to "build" a cabinet after running the amp through two 4x12's (in series - output is 16 ohms). The sound was exhilarating but deafening.I bought the Celestion VT Jr. and installed it in a Crate BX-25 bass amp. I sealed the cabinet's port, plugged it in and was floored.Straight out of the box - with no break-in time - this speaker responded in a fantastic way. Great tone all across the spectrum; bass, mid & treble. Maybe putting it in a bass amp cabinet helps accentuate the bottom end but I couldn't be more pleased with the overall sound. I like CRUNCH usually play with a MXR Distortion + and the sound is tight and punchy. The cleans are nice and even. I can only think it will sound even better once I've put some miles on it.For the price this speaker is a great bargain. Some people may see the price and think "el-cheapo, can't sound good" but this is DEFINITELY not the case.
Former semi-pro now a stay-at-home jammer.
Rock, rock and rock.
8 of 8 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 27, 2021 by a customer from gmail.com
"Larry Adkison Jr."
I have a Rocktron 2x10's and the speakers couldn't be blown anymore than they were. So I loaded it up with 2 new VT Jr. Celestion's and WOW, KABOOM!!! Instant gratification!!! Totally satisfied with this little investment, and saved my money for othere gear I need, instead of tapping my pockets out, and I didn't have to explain where my money went to my better half. Thanks Celestion, you certainly saved me money and trouble.