Celestion Vintage 30 Classic Series Guitar Speaker (60 Watts, 12")

Celestion Vintage 30 Classic Series Guitar Speaker (60 Watts, 12")

The Celestion Vintage 30 offers high output and vintage tone. The tight, responsive Vintage 30 is a natural fit for high gain tube amplifiers.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted July 8, 2014 by nathan w in granbury, TX
"Legendary Speaker !"
Upgraded the factory speaker in my Marshall DSL 40c with the vintage 30. The difference is knight and day . Have used this speaker in many amps, boxes with everything from blues to metal and it performs! There is a reason you see the vintage thirty in almost all the top shelf rigs out there. It lives up to its reputation, stop thinking about it and buy it now ! You want regret it ...
Been playing guitar for over thirty years, play for self pleasure these days in a jamroom in my home.
Blues, rock, hard rock, metal
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 1, 2013 by Rich W in Cairo, NY
"A True Calssic"
This is a great speaker for rock, tight low end, present midrange and smooth highs. Some folks are off put by the "upper mid spike" but in the right amp or paired with the right speaker this compliments the tone beautifully instead of being an annoyance. Great articulate sounding speaker. Highly recommend pairing it with a Swamp Thang in a 2x12.
Hobbyist
Alternative, Blues, Rock
5 of 5 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

by a customer from charter.net
"The speaker that truly delivers.....and much more."
Ten years or more. I thought I was happy with the Peavey Black Widows in my Twin until I bought my Hot Rod Deluxe with the Celestion Vintage 30. I only hope my Twin sounds as good with a pair of Vintage 30's in them.
I have this speaker in my Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. I play Country Music along with my Fender Telecaster. This combination is very clean, powerful , and loaded with tone. I plan to replace the Black Widows in my Twin Reverb with Vintage 30's very soon!
The speaker is very well built and looks as good as it sounds. It carries itself perfectly in my kind of music.
This speaker in conjunction with my Hot Rod Deluxe is a very reliable, powerful combination suitable for any gig. I've used it outside, in ballrooms, and on our last cd. No disappointments whatsoever!
The value is surprisingly great considering the low price.
No. I haven't dealt with them.
It's fantastic.
Country
26 of 28 people (93%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 16, 2016 by Eric M in Raleigh, NC
"Double the fun of your Blackstar"
Good price. zZounds beat others for me. Shipped lightning quick. Installed in minutes. The tones coming from the Firebird, renewed HT5R and Boss distortion pedal were shockingly improved. The '16 'bird HP pups are a perfect match for me. The Schecter Banshee elite FR-S was more subdued after the V30 swap, but improved in crunchy tones and power chords. It's all relative, and your mileage will vary, but exetremely pleased with purchase from zZ.
10+ of self taught theory and fingerstyle, with move to 6 then 7 string electric
Blues, all rock, some folk, jazz fusion
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted December 31, 2018 by Jimmy Jamze in Jacksonville, FL
"Very good upgrade"
Had read that adding these to a 1960 cabinet with the stock G12T-75 watt was a great blend.. matter fact I read that over and over in reviews..Bought a brand new 1960B cabinet and had 2 vintage 30 speakers delivered to my house.I played and recorded multiple tracks..then I installed the new vintage 30s..The difference in the cabinet response was amazing and I do like the blend.I have another angled cabinet that is full of stock speakers that will be getting the leftover G12T-75 added to them with two more vintage 30s asap..Thank you Celestion in for truly making my holiday celestial..And thank you zZounds for your payment plans that make it very easy to buy quality equipment..
I noticed an incredible upgrade and sound with the addition of just two speakers in a 4 x 12 cabinet
Very easy to install
It's a Celestion speaker so I know the quality is awesome
In the speaker market it is a very good value
Have not dealt with the manufacturer
Was very impressed and finally found the tone I've been searching for for quite some time
40+ years
Blues,Rock,Country,Christian

Submitted April 2, 2011 by a customer from gmail.com
"The Best Replacement Speakers That Money Can Buy!"
IMO, these are the best replacement speakers that one can buy. I put these speakers in my Genz Benz G Flex 2X12 cabinet. Now I have that Rectifier sound without the huge price tag. The way that the G Flex cabinet is baffled, the Celestion Vintage 30 60watt speakers produce a sound that will make you hate to put your guitar down!
These vintage 30's sound amazing! Excellent sound quality. You will get good low end and mid range from these speakers and the highs sound great as well. I can play all styles of music with these speakers and you can, too.
These speakers really don't have any special features, but the magnet is much bigger than the stock speaker that I replaced.
When I first took these speakers out of the box I could tell that I had some very well made speakers. I email Celestion before buying these speakers because they were made in China. They explained that the factory uses the same quality parts as they use in England. So, don't worry. Not even about the glue that is used!
These speakers are worth the price. Every bit.
They answer emails right away and will tell you what speaker to buy and not to buy.
Musician
Jazz, Blues, Funk, Rock, Acid Jazz & Techno
3 of 5 people (60%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted March 3, 2008
Celestion Vintage 30 Customer Review
weak highs no bass mostly mids I have heard them with many amps just not much tone I replaced mine with celestion 70's great change 12m70 tone monsters 2 12 50 watt carvin.
made well even dose the job just not with my style I USE P90'S AND A HEAVY MID RANGE SPEAKER IS NOT GOOD.
7 of 29 people (24%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 25, 2007
"Excellent 12s"
A 2x12 cab loaded with these speakers revitalized all my amps. I have mostly Vox and Fender tube amps, and the clarity and punch I get from adding these speakers to any rig is outstanding. Great buy.
Outstanding sound clarity, bass response, and tightness when pushed hard. I have two of them in a cab hooked up to various amps. They can bring out the best of any amp, especially sweet Fender cleans--but they sound great with anything.
Great price for the sound quality.
15 of 19 people (79%) people found this review helpful. Did you?