When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-BHVK

Rating and Reviews: Crush CCB520 Chameleon

Built with 7-ply birch and basswood shells, the Crush CCB520 Chameleon drum kit offers increased projection and sensitivity with painted shell interiors.

Overall

"Great kit for the $" submitted September 25, 2018

By Tom D in Pinecliffe, CO
Overall
Musical Background: I have been playing drums for 16 years, and currently play with 4 bands, as well as studio work, and occasional gun for hire.
Music Style: I play strictly roots Reggae.
Sound: Overall this kit sounds very nice for the money. The stock heads are okay, but not great. I will be replacing them with some nice coated heads in the near future. That being said, I did some recording with them today and was impressed. The drums were tuned pretty tight from the factory but we're easily tuned to my liking. The kick drum is like a Canon, very punchy. I was probably most surprised by the snare drum. I didn't have high expectations but was pleasantly surprised by just how good it sounds. Feature: The biggest selling points for me on this kit were the Virgin bass drum, and short tom depths. The stand mounted vs kick mounted toms were a must have for me. The kick drum legs have two positions. Open and closed. It is a simple and sturdy set up, and it's nice to not have to mess with setting them evenly. The hardware pack was an added bonus, but I would have gladly paid less for just the Shell pack, and got different hardware. Ease of Use: It took me about 2.5 hours to set up from unboxing to playing. A beginner might find some of the set up a bit challenging, but if you know drums you shouldn't have much of an issue. The memory clamps take some time to dial in, but once they are you won't have to do it again. The mating function really helps to speed up set up time in a fast paced gig situation. The lugs on the drums must be aligned just right in order to get the screws to thread. It came with some grease for the kick drum lugs but was still quite difficult. Thankfully the kick is the only drum that requires this assembly, until you want to change heads. Quality: The drums themselves are well made. The bearing edges are very precise, and the wrap finish is nice. I did have some difficulty getting some of the screws to thread, but eventually worked it out. The hardware pack is pretty cheap. The rivets in the stands don't seem like they will hold up to constant set up an tear down. The cymbal stands have some play in the legs which is bothersome. The kick pedal is not awesome. The beater is cheap and will need replacing if you intend to use the pedal. The chain linkage seems light and cheesy compared to other entry level gear. Same for the hit hat stand, although the hihat does have good action. The tom mounts are okay, but I cannot speak to their longevity quite yet. They do hold nice and tight, and are easy to adjust. Good design, but the material is rather cheap. All of the threads on the hardware were a little finicky and I would advise using the grease and some care to not cross thread anything. I'm hoping that this will get better as they break in and get used more. The hardware is functional but will leave a more advanced player wanting more. Value: This kit is definitely worth what I payed. If I could have purchased just the Shell pack for $599 it would have been even better, but I am satisfied with what I got for what was payed. The hardware pack is somewhat of a let down but is functional for now. Manufacturer Support: I have not dealt directly with the company, but am awaiting an email from zZounds about some replacement kick drum lugs to replace the ones that were damaged in shipping. Hopefully they come through. The Wow Factor: The overall look and presence of this kit is sharp. Very presentable for gigs, but still affordable. It's modern and sounds very good for it's price point. Overall: I recently decided to pull the trigger on this drum set. It was a long time coming, and I was definitely due for a fresh kit. After a long debate between several different kits available, I decided to go for it. I play in several bands and play gigs regularly. I needed something that sounds good, but that I am okay with taking out of the studio. I also was hoping to spend less than 1k. I had some doubts and reservations but am happy to say that I think it was a good choice. When I received this in the mail there were two holes in the box, and without opening it I could see that some of the kick drum lugs were damaged during shipping. Mostly cosmetic, but it was a bummer. We will see if crush will make it right, but for now it plays fine as is. The factory packaging is pretty weak and I would imagine this is not an isolated incident.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZZ-BHVK. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST