map marker icon Shipping to
When you call, mention priority code 204-WX2Q

Rating and Reviews: Cole Clark Angel 1 Series E

Built from sustainable Australian tonewoods like bunya and Queensland maple, this Cole Clark Angel 1 offers a look and sound as unique as its origins.

Overall

"Exactly what I was looking for but with some issues" submitted May 13, 2020

By Aaron K. in GREELEY, CO
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 15 years
Music Style: Folk, Midwest Emo, singer/songwriter
Overall: I waited about 2 months to review this guitar because I wanted some time to really dive into it. Here's my overview: it's great, the exact sound and style I was looking for and I'm very happy with it. Now to get picky. At this price point I expect a few things that this guitar did not deliver. The fret ends are sharp. At $1600 I expect a proper dressing out of the box. This guitar has been plekd which is great, but my $800 Martin has perfect fret ends and I expected this one to aswell. I contacted Cole Clark directly asking about it and they basically told me that regular maintenance is required with acoustic guitars, and I agree with that, just not right out of the box. I put my humidifier in it and let it sit for about a week and it was slightly better but still not great. At this point I'm going to have to take it somewhere or attempt to file them myself. Not a big deal, but definitely disappointing. And their seemingly lack of care about it kind of put me off. Next, the sound hole has some rough edges and small pieces of wood hanging off of it. A couple swipes with some sand paper knocked it flat. Purely a cosmetic issue, but like I said at this price point kind of disappointing. My last issue is the tuning key for the g string gets locked up and tight right at pitch, so luckily it's at pitch and I don't have to turn it anymore but if I ever wanna tune higher it will be really tough and the gears aren't spinning freely inside. A side note: my capo doesn't work well on the first two frets, it buzzes the strings not pressing down hard enough, I'm going to have to upgrade Capo's to play on those frets which isnt a big deal just kind of off putting. Also I got a gig bag not a hardshell case, but the gigbag is actually really nice and padded and tough so I'm cool with that. That's all the bad. The good: no buzzy frets, action is perfect and it is the exact sound I was looking for. It's really punchy with a brighter tone but not too bright, and the size and feel of the guitar(besides fret ends) is amazing. The pickups are what sold me on Cole Clark to begin with and they don't disappoint. This thing sounds exactly like it does unplugged and is very percussive. Overall, great guitar with some minor flaws I didn't expect at this price, but honestly still worth it. I took off a star for the issues I came across and half a star for Cole Clark not really caring about them. As always, zZounds is amazing and my go to place for online ordering. Highly recommend them!

When you call, mention priority code 204-WX2Q. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Jueves 9AM a 7PM EST

We have warehouses across the U.S., so most shipments arrive in 2 days or less.