When you call, mention priority code 204-N2LW

Rating and Reviews: Casio PX-560 Stage Piano

With AiR technology, hammer action, and a 5.3" color display, the PX-560 is both powerful and simple. Dive into the Hex Layer engine for sonic inspiration.

"Can't Be Beat!!" submitted April 26, 2018

By William Reid in Parkesburg, PA
Overall
Musical Background: 34 years experience on keyboards, 50 years on guitar, 52 years saxophone. Professional studio and touring musician on all.
Music Style: Rock, country, contemporary Christian, southern gospel, blues, and electronic.
Overall: OVERALL: I purchased the PX-560 in 2017 and I have owned it for several months. I wanted to play it and become familiar with it before writing a somewhat detailed review. First of all, everything about the PX-560 is excellent. There is not a bad sound on this instrument anywhere. Every keyboard manufacturer has their interpretation of what a grand piano sounds like and what a B-3 sounds like and they are similar, but different. At a certain level, the sounds of every quality keyboard built by every manufacturer are good. Again, different, but good. This is very much similar to the argument that guitarists have had for decades; Gibson Les Paul, Fender Stratocaster, or Ibanez Steve Vai. All are great guitars, but different. If the player wants warm and creamy sounds, the Les Paul may be the guitar of choice. Those seeking some twang and bite might opt for the Stratocaster. The shredder guitarist will most likely prefer the Steve Vai. The high-end version of each of these guitars is of excellent build quality but each has unique elements that makes them different. The same is true of electronic pianos and other electronic keyboards.. I was in the market for a high quality piano when I decided to be open minded and look at and play as many keyboards as I could and what I discovered was that the PX-560 can't be beat for the money spent for any keyboard. Certainly, it has it's nuances that make it different from competitors' keyboards costing substantially more and, like any keyboard built by any of Casio's competitors, it has its limitations but overall the PX-560 is excellent. Secondly, it is very important to keep in mind that it is necessary to spend some time learning how to navigate through all the features of this keyboard in order to fully appreciate everything the PX-560 is capable of delivering and delivering well. FEATURES: I am not sure what Casio was trying to achieve with the PX-560 but it seems as if the design engineers at Casio did all their homework. Was it intended to be a piano, synthesizer, organ, or multi-sounding keyboard? I'm still not sure but the PX-560 is absolutely loaded with a ton of useful features and sounds that will allow the keyboardist to make it their only keyboard. It is a great piano with excellent synthesizer sounds, fantastic strings, very good organs, very good horns, and tons of other sounds that are all somewhere between very good and excellent. Certainly, as with any keyboard, there is a required learning curve but that is no different from any of the keyboards built by Casio's competitors. And just like any keyboard, it will take some getting familiar with. The built in speakers are an added plus. QUALITY: I have had this instrument for several months and I have no complaints or issues with the build quality or sound quality. Everything about it is excellent. The manufactured ebony and ivory feel of the keys will take some getting used to. I still have Roland and Yamaha keyboards that I purchased in 1985 so I hope it lasts as long as those. If you are a gigging or traveling musician, I would strongly recommend a decent hard case and not a gig bag!! MANUFACTURER SUPPORT: Have not needed to contact the manufacturer for anything other than to register the product. SOUND: There is not a bad sound on the PX-560 anywhere. Everything sounds somewhere between very good and excellent. Again, every manufacturer has their interpretation of what a grand piano sounds like and what different instruments sound like but this is subjective to individual tastes. I am very pleased with all the sounds on this instrument. There are a number of ethnic sounds and other sounds that I may never use and some sounds that I do not like but the choices make the PX-560 even more versatile than competitors' keyboards costing much more. Also, the ability to layer sounds and control the nuances of every voice of the layered sound is a great feature. The keyboard split function makes it reasonably simple to split the keyboard into desired sounds with an adjustable split point. Cool! EASE OF USE: Like any musical instrument, it requires some time to get familiar with. A little patience is necessary to take advantage of all that this keyboard will do. I am still discovering some things about this keyboard. The owner's manual is well written and It is important to read the owner's manual first. It will save a lot of time. VALUE: After substantial research and playing keyboards by other manufacturers, I have not found, and do not believe, any other manufacturer can get close to offering all the features and sounds for the same amount of money. The PX-560 is the best 'bang for the buck' on the market. Roland, Korg, Yamaha, Kurzweil, and Nord are all costing more and substantially more for similar features. The only limitation is that it does not sample. I would have been willing to pay more for a keyboard with this many features that had sampling capability but all I wanted was a real good piano and what I ended up with was so much more. A great buy! THE WOW FACTOR: I have played keyboards for more than 30 years. I have owned Yamaha (DX7, SY77, SY85), Roland (Juno 106, DS88, FA-06, EP-50), Hammond (SK-2) and all are still going strong. The PX-560 is a surprisingly great keyboard. I would highly recommend the PX-560 to any keyboardist seeking a great piano or a keyboard that will do everything pretty well except sampling. I was not disappointed. After reading this somewhat lengthy review I hope it proves helpful. I paid full price for this keyboard and I do not work for, or own stock, in Casio. zZounds made purchasing this keyboard a truly pleasant experience. I will purchase more from zZounds in the future. The Casio PX-560 can't be beat (maybe with a stick, perhaps). Those who decide to purchase one of these instruments will not be disappointed. Read the owner's manual and take the time to learn your way around it.

"THE GOOD AND THE NOT-SO-GOOD" submitted October 18, 2018

By Elizabeth S in Washington, DC
Overall
Musical Background: playing since childhood; piano/synth, guitar
Music Style: singer-songwriter/pop
Overall: I'm still familiarizing with all the many features of this machine. LOTS of voices and features to enhance performance, and, like all such instruments, a fairly steep learning curve. But some features seem like they were designed by programmer/engineers, rather than musicians. So far, my biggest disappointment is that the user can't name the stored registrations -- that is, songs -- (you get 96 slots for them). If you're in a concert situation, you have to list your songs and their locations elsewhere(!), even though you can key in titles under the pre-packaged "User Presets" category. Really inconvenient!

"Casio PX-560" submitted August 22, 2017

By Reginald Mason in Culver City, CA
Overall
Musical Background: Playing since 1964. I am a PIANIST- PERIOD! Played professionally
Music Style: Country, Power country, early rock, Boogie Woogie, Classics and "Good" pop!
Overall: THIS IS A FABULOUS DIGITAL PIANO!! Fantastic piano sounds, and the ability to customize the sounds, adds amazing flexibility. I have both a Casio CGP-700 and the 560. THERE IS NO COMPARISON as to the piano sounds!! And the inclusion of a modulation wheel on the 560 makes many of the "tones" sound so much better! For the money there is no better digital piano out there- NONE!

"Casio PX-560 Digital Stage Piano" submitted August 30, 2017

By Reginald H Mason in Culver City, CA
Musical Background: Played over 24 years, have played Professionally
Music Style: Country, Power Country, Rock, Blues, Standards, Boogie Woogie
Overall: This is in my opinion the best Stage Piano for the money! The piano sound is excellent, and the ability to modify the parameters just adds to the quality. No other digital piano in this price range even comes close! It's expressive, and full sounding and yet can be played as fast as you can work the keys, very impressive. The strings are outstanding, and the ability to assign functions to the K-1 to K-3 rotary knobs adds greatly to live performances. You would have to spend 2-4 times as much to beat this piano!

When you call, mention priority code 204-N2LW. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST