When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-ZRD7
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 21 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Bugera V55INFINIUM Amp

The V55 INFINIUM comes loaded with three 12AX7 preamp tubes and two 6L6 power tubes, making it a 55-watt boutique workhorse, with two-channel versatility.

"Wow" submitted October 31, 2015

Overall
Overall: I was a little hesitant to buy this amp, despite hearing how great it sounds on all the Youtube reviews and videos. Mainly I was concerned about reliability, having read all the hate and bashing of Bugera from several years ago (and that may be justified, I honestly don't know). But in the end, 450 bucks for a 55 watt tube amp, that sounds like this, with the features this has, and a footswitch thrown in, persuaded me to take the chance. I figured WORST case I'm out 450 bucks for nothing. All I can say after having it for almost 2 weeks so far is, wow, I'm glad I took the chance. The ONLY question in my mind is will it hold up over the long haul. If it does, it deserves 10 out of 10. First the tone, which is why I bought it. It is every bit as good as you hear in the reviews. However, I bought JJ tubes and replaced the Chinese made Bugera tubes that came in it, and I could immediately hear a big difference. It is as if that woke it up and it sounds a lot richer with JJs in it. And I can't say it sounded bad with Bugera tubes, it just sounds way better with JJs to my ears. Lots of headroom for smooth as glass, then when you nail it, you can hear that tube breakup. As good as some solid states are, I haven't heard one yet that can totally do that as well as a real tube amp (maybe I just haven't heard the right one). Suffice it to say you can go from perfectly clean to really overdriven breakup and anything in between. Includes the footswitch, which allows you to turn reverb on and off, and switch channels (clean/high gain) with it. Has reverb. I haven't used it too much yet. I liked that it's hard wired (even if by some 9 year old Chinese kid). I get no noise no hiss no rattles no weird noises that should not be there with mine. The solid state I had previously had some hiss this amp does not. As far as looks, it looks great to me. A bit vintage with modern kicked in, the colors and presentation look good to my eyes. If I were to pick at anything, it would be of course made in China, but if it were made in the US it would be 3 times the price at least. And the Chinese stock tubes are terrific in my book. But to get a full complement of JJs cost me about 67 bucks. Hopefully with the Infinium setup they will last a while. I didn't have to worry about biasing the tubes just put them in. And that is easy to do, however you have to remove the metal cage from over them, and they put a bunch of screws (way more than is needed) around that and some are not exactly easy or fun to reach. I found it easiest to turn it upside down for getting that off so the screws didn't come flying down. Going forward I probably won't need to do that. In short, to sum up, this does everything I was hoping. It has not disappointed me in any way and if it holds up, it earns a 10 out of 10 rating from me.

"I Love This AMP!!!" submitted January 9, 2017

By Mike T in Louisville, KY
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 30 years, mostly in church, at home, or in small bands with friends.
Music Style: rock/blues
Overall: I decided after 30 years of playing and never really being able to afford to, I wanted to get a decent all-tube amp. Not having a huge amount of money to spend on it, i did quite a bit of research on best "budget" tube amps, and came across the V55. Not being able to find only locally or even remotely close to me to test in person, i had to rely on various reviews and demos on the YouTube, and i was still a little bit hesitant to purchase the amp, but finding it on sale at another site, and getting a price match from zZounds, convinced me to pull the trigger. I am so glad that i did. This amplifier is beautiful. i love to look at it. It reminds me of the upholstery in a 50's Cadillac or Chevy. The sound is amazing. i love the "glassy" sound if gives my Jimmy Vaughan Strat. The gain channel is plenty fat and dirty for what i do, and will certainly get dirtier. I find myself pulling out my cheap Yamaha Pacifica a lot more now to use the humbucker in the bridge because of how great the gain channel sounds. I haven't spend this much time practicing Van Halen riffs since high school, and its because i love the tone of this amp. I've seen it compared to a Fender Hot Rod deluxe, and i think that is a fair comparison. I have a friend who has one, and while i love his tone, I'll take this one over his any day of the week.

"A Steal..." submitted August 9, 2017

By Peter B in Waxhaw, NC
Overall
Music Style: classic rock, country rock, classical,
Overall: I wish I had know about the Bugera V55 before I purchased my Vox AC30VR and eventually an AC15C1 because if I did I would have saved a lot of money.Feature that I like:I LOVE the beautiful retro look Build quality is excellent and it sounds even better than it looks.Triode and Pentode mode to cut down the power when you don’t need it.55 watts more than enough power but you can tweak the volume / tone even if you’re just playing in your bedroom. It has a pedal effects loop.Heavy duty foot switch that works well.3 year Mfg. warrantyThis amp is an absolute steal at the price….even a 2-3 times the price.Feature that I don’t like:I wasn’t aware of this amp before I purchased my other amps.none zZounds is great! I purchased this as a scratch and dent for $355. but it arrived in perfect condition with the box and full warranty. This is the second time that I ordered a scratch and dent from them and both amps arrived without any visible issues….just gotta love the deal!Remember to register you amp fro the warranty at:http://www.music-group.com/brand/bugera/support/product-registrationWith any product there can be problems and I can't honestly comment on product support because I never needed it. I hope I never need warranty service but it’s good to know that I’m covered.I can’t say enough good things about this little amp. If you’re on the fence about this amp just get it because you will love it.

"Riding the fence." submitted October 8, 2016

By Troy R in Toledo, OH
Overall
Musical Background: 33 years playing music, Guitar,Bass and Sax. Play professionally. I am also a recording and live sound engineer.
Music Style: Rock,Blues and Country
Overall: Here we go. zZounds as usual did a great job getting the amp here quickly. Riding the fence: I opened the box, turned the amp on left it in standby for 20 minutes, about 45 seconds into playing the amp I heard an electrical noise and the fuse blew. Fuses do not blow for no reason. I opened the chassis and one of the 6l6 tubes were damaged. zZounds agreed to send a new tube..excellent customer service. But I needed to gig with he amp before it would get here. I bought a pair of 6L6 tubes and replace both stock tubes. At the gig... the amp performed without flaw. The tone was fantastic and certainly not what you would not expect from a $450.00 amp. It takes effects well and is very dynamic and clear. Please note I never listened to this amp with the stock speaker. I ordered and Eminence Red White and Blues speaker when I ordered the amp and put it in from the rip. We will see how it holds up in the long term, but as for now I am very pleased with sound.

"Plug into this amp last so you won't need to return the other amp you thought you wanted!" submitted November 21, 2016

By Dana G in East Hampstead, NH
Overall
Musical Background: Picked back up guitar 4 years ago.I have played out as well as at home and with friends.
Music Style: Rock, Classic Rock, My own style of Rockish music.
Overall: This is my first all tube guitar amp. I have 2 brand name solid state amps, the first is 25 watts and never could make it sound right, I have a 100 watt half stack that I do like manly due to the effects built in. The Bugera, I love it. The build quality is great, very solid and no rattles when playing. The equalizer works wonderfully to get the tone you want. The clean channel is just that, a crisp clean sound and then switch on the gain and WOW, what a nice sound. I have 3 distortion pedals and none sounded as good as the gain on this amp. I have used the turbosound speaker built in and connected my 4-12 cabinet and again, WOW it sounds great. The reverb sounds nice if you know how to use it because it is powerful and the pentode/triode switch not only increase or decreases output but gives you a whole new set of tools to set up the amp. I tried many amps both solid state and all tube but this Bugera just works for me, I can't think of anything bad to say about it.

"Fail" submitted February 19, 2017

By Larry G in Austin, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Professional. Performing, recording, producing for 35 years.
Music Style: Rock. Blues. Pop. Experimental.
Overall: It's really a crying shame Bugera doesn't invest in a bit of quality consciousness. The product looks great. I've heard tell it sounds really good. Yet after unpacking my new V55INFINIUM, I plugged it in. I let it warm up. Plugged in a guitar, flicked the switch and.....POP! Blew a fuse. I boxed it back up and sent it to zZounds for a quick refund.

When you call, mention priority code 1ZQ-ZRD7. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449