Boss WL-20 Wireless Instrument System (With Virtual Cable Tone Simulation)

Boss WL-20 Wireless Instrument System (with Cable Tone Simulation)

The Boss WL-20 grants the freedom of a wireless rig with no bulky bodypack! Just plug the transmitter in your guitar, and the receiver into an amp or pedal.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted November 20, 2018 by Chuck Wallace in La Porte, TX
"Finally! A Guitar Case Solution"
I bought this for a traveling option and easy and carefree wireless option. It is easy to charge and comes with a cable to charge either or both the receiver and transmitter if you dock the transmitter in to the receiver. You can charge both independently if you have another USB mini cable. I get a good amount of use and can easily last a whole 4-5 hours. I like that it fits in my case easily and can be charged with a Mobile battery pack while I am at the gig while in my case. Sound is good and the range is great, about 30 feet is all I have really tried it may go more, but that is enough to move around when playing without the hassle of a cable trip or Jack Snap. I am 3-4 Months using it and am very pleased so far CJWII
Guitar - Professionally
Rock, Hard Rock, Metal, Classic Rock, Blues
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted August 15, 2018 by Lonardo M in Daytona Beach, FL
"NO BATTERY REPLACEMENT"
NO BATTERY REPLACEMENT The unit itself is OK and a convenient size however, after contacting Boss a few times they finally admitted the batteries are NOT replaceable and don't know the battery life would be they emailed me back and said I quote: "The WL-20 Manufacturer Warranty is for 1 Year Parts 90 Days Labor. If you have an issue with the WL-20 Battery within Manufacturer Warranty Terms then it can be serviced/replaced by our Roland Boss Factory Service Department. We unfortunately can't provide you with the information regarding how long the unit will last this may change and may differ depending on usage." In my internet research I found this information again I quote: "The typical estimated life of a Lithium-Ion battery is about two to three years or 300 to 500 charge cycles, whichever occurs first. One charge cycle is a period of use from fully charged, to fully discharged, and fully recharged again." Also I quote: "If the voltage of a lithium-ion cell drops below a certain level, it's ruined. Lithium-ion batteries age. They only last two to three years, even if they are sitting on a shelf unused. So do not "avoid using" the battery with the thought that the battery pack will last five years". This means when the WL-20 won't hold a charge anymore after the warranty period you have buy a new one. These are one shot devices and I am disappointed at this. I might try to return it and continue to use my current wireless. With replaceable batteries.
Decades of experience including Professional
Classic Rock, Pop, Blues,Country
28 of 43 people (65%) people found this review helpful. Did you?