Boss Waza-Air Wireless Headphone Guitar Amp

Boss Waza-Air Wireless Headphone Guitar Amp

Take your guitar experience where it's never gone before! The Boss Waza-Air wireless headphone amp fuses premium Boss effects and tones in headphone format.

Overall:
4 out of 5 stars
3.5 out of 5 stars
3.5 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
3 out of 5 stars
Overall: 4 out of 5 stars
Submitted April 24, 2020 by Allen H in San Antonio, TX
"Best Thing I’ve Purchased"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Way cool. Worth the money. Especially for practicing and not bothering family and neighbors. Would be nice if something so expensive and fragile had a case included, but that being said those are cheap enough to protect my investment. It only took several months to get these. Thanx COVID-19
Playing guitar only a few years now
Hip-hop, Neo soul, R&B
7 of 7 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 9, 2020 by Sam J in Chicago, IL
"Great Potential But Not Fully Functional"
Overall: 2.5 out of 5 stars
Like many other players out there, I was eagerly waiting to try the Waza-Air headphones. Out of the box, the tones were great and I really enjoyed the experience. I didn't notice any latency in the wireless transmitter. Then I ran into a few issues: 1. My unit could not receive Bluetooth audio from any of the Android phones in my home. The phones would recognize the WAZA MIDI signal for the app, but not the WAZA AUDIO connection to send music to the headphones. I've seen others on the Boss forums with similar issues that were not resolved; Boss only refers to the manual about resetting the unit or toggling the Bluetooth, but no real fixes. 2. The virtual amp drifts even when you don't move your head--not a deal breaker, but it's there. 3. The app for tweaking & loading tones is ugly and not fun to use. All in all, I returned the WAZA-Air mostly because of the inability to play along with music from my phone more than anything else. Without that feature, I'd still use them but can't justify the price. I'll keep an ear out for updates or a version 2.0 that is more refined. zZounds' customer service was good about the return.
Hobbyist (30 years) & Teacher (16 years)
Rock, blues, metal, jazz, country
9 of 9 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted October 31, 2021 by a customer from npgcable.com
"Overhyped."
Overall: 3.5 out of 5 stars
There are a few issues here. The build quality isn't all that impressive. These phones don't come with a case, but BOSS sells one for more $$$. The sound is typical BOSS in that the presets begin over-processed and dialing in a more natural sound is a bit difficult. The controls are many but finicky to dial in. The main feature - the amazing "3D amp in a room" thing? ..pans way too hard so sounds unnatural, and the amp position drifts all over the place which is distracting while seated and actually stresses your neck as you find yourself continually trying to center the amp position by moving your head. I would say that for practice when seated, turning off the gyro enabled 3d effects is the way to go. Pairing with an android device, for me, that was easy enough. Though I do sometimes get disconnected when loading patches from the librarian. Switching from midi editor to audio and back again can require me to restart the app, my bluetooth connection, even the headphones to more quickly accomplish that. You cannot listen to backing tracks and adjust the sound to fit in. You have the choice of Either listening to backing tracks OR adjusting the sound. which makes that whole process of dialing in sounds kinda tedious. In a nutshell, this product is a little disappointing and a little overpriced as-is IMO. If it worked without all the flaws THEN it would probably be worth the price-tag. But, it doesn't. The amp drift is just terrible for seated practice - my neck still aches as I write this after playing just 45 minutes with the thing. The Good.. It sounds okay enough to practice with. It really does. Portable. But this thing is not quite as special as it's cracked up to be. A lot of flaws for this price point.
30+ Years Guitar Player - Bands, Music Production, etc.
Eclectic

Submitted December 14, 2019 by Tim Estes in Belen, NM
"Game changer"
Overall: 5 out of 5 stars
Sounds great, great fit and tons of adjustable parameters. Way cool.
Hobbyist for the last 30 years
Blues and 70's rock.
9 of 15 people (60%) people found this review helpful. Did you?