map marker icon Shipping to 20149 (Ashburn)
When you call, mention priority code 20C-ZZVH

Rating and Reviews: Boss MD-500 Multi-Modulation

Get all the modulation you could ever dream up in the Boss MD-500. From chorus to ring modulation, it's all here and all deeply programmable.

"Incredibly rich and detailed sound, insane value" submitted November 9, 2017

By Corey W. in Mtn Home , AR
Musical Background: Played in bands, now just jam at home
Music Style: Stoner/doom, Hardcore, Ambient, Noise
Overall: I really don't think I could undersell you on this pedal. For the price of one high end "boutique" modulation pedal you get a vast array of modulation tones ranging from the must haves to the ones you never knew you wanted until you hear them on the MD 500. All of the presets sound incredible and give you an excellent idea of what this pedal is capable of, the only effects I've been underwhelmed by are the Univibe and Rotary effects, to my ears those two are far from faithful to the originals and sound quite bad. The chorus, flanger, phaser and octave are all top notch and could easily take down many of their analog counterparts. I mean the sound is so pristine it's almost 3D. I've only just begun to edit my own patches but so far I have indeed been able to dial in perfect versions of each effect for basically any situation you can think of, the versatility of this thing is nearly endless. You can recreate damn near any chorus etc tone you can think of and edit parameters not found outside a studio usually. I know I'm rambling so I'll just close out the review by stating that I could easily see this being the last modulation pedal I'll ever need. I prefer analog delay hands down, so I didn't bond with the DD 500, my reverb needs are limited to spring (which I have), but for modulation effects like chorus, I may just prefer digital now. Never thought I'd say that, but it's true (with this pedal).

"What a great pedal!!" submitted July 20, 2019

By ALLAN B. in Tempe, AZ
Musical Background: Playing a loooong time
Music Style: Rock, Pop, Prog, CCM
Sound: This has all the classic Boss mod sounds plus some unique one's that I've yet to play with. You want classic Dimension Chorus? You got it! BF2? Sure! They are all there and more. Feature: There are more features than the average human guitarist will ever use. When I say it's versatile, I mean it's versatile! Stereo in/out, great MIDI features, nice big display for my old eyes, and easy patch editing that doesn't require a PHd. Ease of Use: It's very easy to use and edit. Patch changes are quick and it can be done onboard or via USB to PC connection with the MD-500 editor software from Boss. MIDI control is straight forward. Assign a channel and MIDI out/through to send patch changes on to other effects in your chain. Quality: Built like a tank Value: I'm sure this gets compared head to head with the Strymon Mobius quite often. I looked at both before I chose. Mobius has a couple of unique features, but they didn't outweigh what the MD has to offer. Great classic Boss sounds, 2 patches at once, simple on screen editing, and about $125 cheaper! Manufacturer Support: Roland/Boss has a decent website with all sorts of videos and other content plus a couple of YouTube channels to help sort out anything you can't find in the manual The Wow Factor: Just listen to get wows Overall: This is by far one of the best all around use pedals I've had. It has so many options! The ability to run 2 patches at once, loop in your existing pedals for patch specific placement, and MIDI control on top!

When you call, mention priority code 20C-ZZVH. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Viernes 9AM a 7PM EST

Please enter your shipping zip code: