map marker icon Shipping to
When you call, mention priority code 20V-K2WV

Rating and Reviews: Boss Katana-50 MkII Combo Amp

Great for modelers or as a pedal platform, the Katana-50 MkII combo is versatile for any setting. With a small footprint, it doesn't take up too much space.

"Boss Katana 50 MK II WOW" submitted April 13, 2020

By Ken B. in South Bend, IN
Overall
Musical Background: guitar player for 57 years.
Music Style: Rock , Blues, Country, Jazz, Christian, Prog rock.
Sound: Quality sounnd, yoiu would be lucky to buy 3 of their stomp boxes for the price of this amp. Very impressed with the tones that i can get from it, especially using the tone studio. I have acoustic, jazz box, solid body , semi hollow, shredding guitars and a semi hollow 12 string, and have found and customized settings for them. Feature: the most useful features are the response in the amp models as well as the additioal button to give you an alternative to the 5 amp models. Also can use the Boss Tone Studio to tweek your sound. The 3 settings for wattage output and stand by are extremly useful. Ease of Use: You can use it right out of the box , but using tone studio helps a great deal. There is a learning curve to tone studio and the amp itself. I downloaded the manuals for it before I got it so I had a head start. Quality: It looks well built, controls seemed to be good. Value: Well worth the money! Manufacturer Support: havent had to use it yet. The Wow Factor: I summed it up at the begining WOW! Has all the cool FXs that I wished I could have had 50 plus years ago when I was learning to play guitar then. Overall: Thats right , WOW, this Amp is awsome! zZounds knocked it out of the park on getting this shpped quickley and FedEx got it delivered before I even got the email with the tracking number!!

"Very Impressed!" submitted May 1, 2020

By Mr. S. in Rockland, OH
Overall
Musical Background: Lifer musician, stage and studio, professional, adept on 8 instruments
Overall: 32 years of experience as a professional player, effects pedal builder, pickup builder, and a keen interest in technology and music. Many of my musician friends said this was a great amp so I took a chance ... they were NOT kidding! Great sounding models straight-away of the panel options and nice effects. Using the software opens up so, SO much more. This is a useful tool in a myriad of ways and for the cost of a pedal, if you know how to tweak it: pure gold.My critiques are only minor quibbles: the cab box is cheaply made but since I don't plan on touring with this, it's not an issue. Ease of Use is pretty simple and intuitive if you're technically inclined, but if not I can see this being troublesome for some people. Value? If you're smart and know how to tweak, for the price of a pedal this amp is amazeballs! Wow Factor is high because this is a great product, for REAL.

"This amp speaks for itself!" submitted August 12, 2020

Overall
Overall: There is no perfect, plug in and play amp out there. My working tone consists of a pedal chain, 7 band EQ, EQ on my Boss Metal Zone and EQ on my old Crate G120 combo. It took a lot to dial it in, but it was worth it. When I recieved my Katana Mk2 50w I dialed it in first and plugged in my modded Strat with a Seymour Duncan TB 6. It sounds phenomenal on the brown setting and brown it was. I added some phaser and Ain't talking about Love sounded amazing! It's hard to explain all the features. I plugged my pedal chain in and dialed in the acoustic clean and it sounded just like my tried and true old friend. I love it because I can take it anywhere and it's light weight. Every guitarist should have one of these. It's that good. Thank you zZounds for the fast shipping. It got here a day early. Nice!

"Amazing" submitted July 26, 2020

Overall
Overall: First off I love zZounds. Probably the best place to buy new gear from. They let you return things no questions asked if it doesn’t work out and they have payment plans no credit necessary. I ordered my Katana last week and got it one day later. Amazing considering it was free shipping. I’m buy now means a great guitar player but I wanted something I could practice with and record ideas with. This thing sounds way better than any computer plug in, which is how i was recording before. There are tons of options to sculpt your sound using their software and you can get some pretty good sounds without it as well. For what you get I could easily see paying twice the amount it cost.

"Boss Katana-50 MKII" submitted September 15, 2020

Overall
Overall: This is a very nice, good sounding amp, especially for its price. Plenty of power, features galore that are easy to use, nice footprint and has a decent but not too heavy weight. If your guitar isn’t sounding the way you think it should, don’t automatically think the problem is with the guitar. It just might be the amp you are using. This amp is one that I think someone can enjoy for a long time.

"Absolutely Perfect Amp" submitted February 2, 2020

Overall
Musical Background: Guitarist and part time piano.
Music Style: Blues, Jazz, Christian Gospel and Contemporary
Overall: This amp is so good at what it does. You can definitely gig with it if you want fro small setups. It’s not heavy at all so easy to tote. It has 5 incredible amps from acoustic, clean, lead, crunch, to brown. Then you press a button and all those amp styles change to a more punchy, tune like amp experience. So it’s like 10 amps in one. The effects work flawlessly and all our useable tones and effective. Nothing is wasted here like on some effects amps. I haven’t even used the computer interface yet because the built in tones are so varied and awesome. And this amp can get loud, especially on the 50 Watt setting. So in practicing I keep on the low .o5 watt set because it’s plenty loud enough trust me! And the tones still come through clear on the low setting. In short this amp is perfect. One flaw though is that you don’t really have the capability to use as a head and output to another speaker which would have been nice. Bluetooth connection could bring added value to this model. All in all for the price you can it beat this product. Value is off the charts and though it is a solid state amp, it does emulate a tube amp as well as anything I’ve seen.

"Killer Amp" submitted November 26, 2019

By William v. in Spring Hill, FL
Musical Background: Playing over 30 years professional playing,
Music Style: Pop, Jazz, 50 and 60's Rock, Blues, Country, Classical, Christian music styles.
Overall: This is one of the best small amps I've used. Clean tones are great and the mods are as well. It's light so no back breaking piece of equipment to carry around. Tone is nice and loud. I've played small to mid size gigs with it and it holds it's own wonderfully. Definitely a keeper in my book. We liked it so much we bought another one.

"The only guitar amp you’ll ever need" submitted April 28, 2020

By Dennis W. in Riverside, CA
Musical Background: Nearly 20 years playing guitar and vocals
Music Style: Metal, hardcore, death metal, deathcore, hardcore, metalcore
Sound: This has possibly the best tones of a solid state amp its size. The “brown” or metal tone can hold its own to some of the more well known metal amps on the market especially when played on its “variant” setting. Its wattage is measured in tube wattage so it can easily stand out in a gig. Feature: There are countless effects and features on this amp. For metal lovers like myself, there are three boost effects even though the gain on the brown variant alone is enough, but it’s nice to have. There’s flanger, phaser, chorus, wah, harmonizer, reverb, delay, and anything you can think of. The possibilities are really endless with this amp. Ease of Use: I was able to figure everything out as soon as I pulled it out the box. Very simple and easy to operate. There’s an instruction manual included, but you honestly don’t need it. Quality: I’ve played dozens of amps and various brands over the years. This is hands down the best solid state amp of its size and price. Value: Why pay double for amps the same size from other brands that can’t even compete with the features, tone, and maximum volume this amp is capable of? Manufacturer Support: N/A The Wow Factor: I would’ve never imagined an amp that’s advertised as a 50 watt solid state amp could easily blow other solid state amps double its size and wattage out of the water in volume and clear tone. I’ve gotten some flack from other guitarists over the years for not being into tube amps, but this little solid state amp could easily compete with any tube amp on the market today. Overall: I’ve played many brands over the years - Marshall, Randall, Line 6, Peavey, Orange, Blackstar, and probably more. I was looking for something to jam in the bedroom several months ago and got the Katana Mini based on the tons of YouTube reviews I saw and was super pleased at how it sounded for its size. When it came to wanted a bigger amp with a larger sound for more serious playing, I caved in and got the Katana 50 after hearing similarly great reviews on YouTube. It’s lightweight for a 12” speaker and possibly louder than some 100 watt solid state amps I played despite being a 50 watt solid state amp itself. It’s loaded with tons of effects and tones which are all equally amazing and can easily hold its own against the biggest and baddest amps on the market. If you don’t have the money for a large tube amp and need something cheap that sounds amazing and loud enough to hold its own for a small gig, look no further.

"Great amp" submitted March 13, 2020

By Chris K. in Oswego, NY
Musical Background: Drummer 40 years, amateur guitarist 30 years
Music Style: Jazz, big band, rock
Overall: All the youtube reviews said get this amp. I finally did and do not regret it. This is the first modeling amp I heard that actually has great sounding usable effects. All the effects you need are there and they sound great. Seriously. You can even download effects presets online at their website, but I haven't done that yet. I found a great creamy fuzz tone using the acoustic simulator setting and a boost effect. (Think early Dokken). The delays in this amp are outstanding and there are many. The power switch has 50w, 25w, and 1/2 w settings so you can crank it or choose low volume without losing tone. This has to be the best amp at this price point. Boss really nailed it with the katana series.

"Avoid the hype" submitted September 19, 2020

Overall
Overall: Software for this amp is ridiculously hard to use, Fender and Marshall far superior in this department, gains are very fizzy and ice pick treble

When you call, mention priority code 20V-K2WV. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Domingo 9AM a 7PM EST

We have warehouses across the U.S., so most shipments arrive in 2 days or less.