When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-J34H
For delivery by Dec. 24, order by 5 p.m. EST on Thursday, Dec. 20 and select 2-day shipping.

Rating and Reviews: Boss Katana-50 Combo Amp

Rock out with 5 unique "character" voicings and 58 built-in Boss effects. A tonal chameleon, this 50-watt 1x12" combo amp is your portable practice partner.

"Great amp" submitted November 12, 2016

By Wally A in Ingleside, IL
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar off and on since 1977
Music Style: I enjoy classic rock, heavy metal and country music.
Overall: I have had many amps over the years, both solid-state & tube. This amp beats all solid-state amps I have owned. It is very responsive to your playing and the built-in effects are top notch. I can practice at a low wattage at home and not bother anybody or take to band practice and sound awesome at 50W...pedal friendly

"SMALL 25lb 50 Watt 1x12 Open Backed Combo. BINGO!" submitted March 5, 2017

By Kelly M in Sandpoint, ID
Overall
Musical Background: Gigging guitarist for 40 years (on and off...).
Music Style: Rock 'N' Roll, Pop, Soul, R'n'B, Country and Western.
Overall: Just to be clear, I got the BOSS Katana-50 to use as a small, powerful, clean, full voiced amp platform for a modeling pedal (Fender Mustang Floor). For that purpose this amp would be tough to beat at any price, much less $199 IMHO. The on-board amp tones and effects are totally worthy, although I must say the all overdriven amp selections filter too much low end for my tastes. To be fair, it is sold as the Katana that will "Cut Through" as it says right on the factory carton. I use the "Clean" setting with the gain at about noon. It sounds great. BTW, I could totally use the amp as a grab and go. The on-board tones and effects are first rate. It's light, small, and loud in the right way. Recommended. P.S. I'm really hoping this amp proves to be as rugged and reliable as the other BOSS/Roland products I have owned and used. They have all been rock solid.

"Very Impressed!" submitted February 5, 2018

By Jose Luis Herrera in Dallas, TX
Overall
Musical Background: Playing 25+years, now just jam at home.
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues, progressive.
Overall: I especially like the fact that it's easy to set up and play. No programming, just plug and play out of the box. Depending on your style of music you should definitely take advantage of the software and update your presets. the K50 now has the ability to store 4 presets (used to be only 2) via the software update. I use a Boss FS-7 pedal to switch these 4. Warning: this thing is LOUD. I really like the wattage feature to bring it down when playing at home. My only complaint about the K50 is the lack of an FX loop. I have a very old Dean Markley (oddly, named K50 as well) that has FX loop, line out, etc. Although the K50 takes pedals well, not having the FX loop limits the use of a looper pedal, which I often use. If you use any type of looper, you know what I mean. And again, using pedals only to layer effects over effects outside of the programmable ones via the software. I have a few TC Electronic effects (Dark Matter, Dreamscape, Mini Comp) that I prefer over Boss. Would still recommend the Katana as it sounds very good, especially after you've dialed in your tones and presets. From what I've read, it gets better after the speaker breaks in. Disclaimer: the unit I received was making a crackling noise as if there was a loose instrument cable shorting out, poor grounding, or a 'confused' noise gate. I tried several guitars, cables, power outlets and it still had the noise. Mostly noticeable while not playing, just plugged in. I've returned it to Zzounds and a new unit is on its way.

"Great sound, low price" submitted April 22, 2017

By matthew s in cape coral , FL
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years of playing, not gigging.
Music Style: blues and classic rock, hard rock.
Overall: I recently received the Katana 50 and shortly after sold my Bugera V22 and my Yamaha THR5. the ease of use of this amp is great, and it does sound great after you take your time to dial it in. IMHO its much better sounding the Roland cube amp (excluding the blues cubes) the effects are good but they are Boss so if you dont like boss effects, you might want to try some pedals. I have not tried pedals in it but from my understanding, it takes them well. its a very light amp, Which makes it feel cheaper to me. and the only reason i knocked features down a little is that it would have been nice to have a tuner on it. the facts that i can change the wattage is fantastic and it does sound good at lower volumes but i have noticed that it reacts as a tube amp would in that it sounds better turned up. If you are a gigging musician go for the 100 watt i think it would be better for the clean channel to cut through the mix. it sounds great and could very well replace your cheaper tube amps (bugera come to mind) but it certainly will not replace my mesa boogie express.

"AWESOME AMP!" submitted February 12, 2018

Overall
Overall: This amp is great. It clear at all volumes and gets very close to the tube sound. Great tones and very loud. Also, the 5 different channels are great as well as the effects on the amp and being able to download from the Boss Studio. zZounds was great. 4 payment of $55 no credit check. Awesome. Nothing touches this amp for the price. Even more expensive ones aren't as good.

"So so good" submitted July 31, 2018

By Jim Z in Trafford, PA
Musical Background: 18 yrs, used to play professionally, now just play at home
Music Style: All genres, classical metal to djent, blues to pop, jazz fusion to contemporary fingerstyle... Everything
Overall: I'll be really quick with this. It's a great amp,perfect for playing at home, I guarantee loud enough for a drummer. I haven't gotten too far into the effects or computer stuff yet, but this is really split and play amp. Its not trying to sound like a jcm or a fender or a Mesa, it just sounds GREAT. I've owned plenty of other amps, orange, Marshall, Peavey tube amps, and this amp can compete for tone. Bottom line is I WISH we had this sort of stuff when I was learning to play. Technology has come VERY far.

"NICE!!" submitted April 27, 2018

By Aaron Dye in Tacoma, WA
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar going on 10 years
Music Style: Rock, metal, blues
Overall: Great amp. 50 watts with a 12" speaker, amazing sounding onboard effects (Boss brand too!!). I can't turn the volume up past .5 (1/2) or else the neighbors complain. it has the power for gigs. Clean channel is really crisp, bright and clear. The overdrive channels are great also. You can get basically any tone from this amp with the right twerking. Definitely worth the money.

"Boss Katana-50" submitted October 24, 2017

By Steve N in Chandler, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Play guitar in a classic rock band. Gigging for the last 15 years
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, southern rock, country rock!
Overall: Boss Katana-50 is a nice little light weight practice amp that sounds decent enough. Got tired of dragging 40lb+ amps around for weekly practices. Also tired of putting my gigging amps through the wear and tear and daily practice grind. You have to play with it for awhile to dial in the sounds you need but this little 50w amp gets it done. I use mainly for practice at home and I have even used it at our regular weekly band practice and it will keep up and it will cut through the mix. It doesn't sound totally awesome but for the price and ease of use, it ain't too bad!

"Pretty Darn Good" submitted April 15, 2018

By Joey Solebello in Fort Myers, FL
Overall
Musical Background: Intermediate, beginning advanced practice.
Music Style: I love some jazz, blues rock and some metal.
Overall: I'll list the CONS first.- I think there's something wrong with the default software. When you turn the amp back on, it starts on different settings then what everythin' is turned to.There's free software on their website to connect a computer to. It's really a minor setback for the value of this amp.- The clean channel doesn't want to work with my Ibanez AS73, but the acoustic channel does the trick.-Remembering all your settings after if you tweak the other amp styles. This just takes a week or so to get used to.PROS:-Lots of varied sounds, especially because my guitar has 2 tone and 2 volume knob won the a 3 position switch.-Plenty loud for anyone wanting to get that feel of playing live, loud concerts.-Great price at $220.

"Amazing how far solid state has come" submitted May 8, 2018

By Charles W in Washington, IN
Musical Background: Played guitar for close to twenty years
Music Style: Punk, blues, reggae, ska, some old school metal
Overall: I bought this as a practice amp. I haven't used it outside of my house, but I have no doubt it could keep up with a drummer for band practice, a small gig, or a larger gig if mic'd up. All of the amp models sound great. I love the effects. I would be nice if there were more options for running the effects together however you want, but that's probably reserved for the 100 watt version. It took a few minutes to understand how the effects knobs worked, but it was fairly intuitive. The amps real potential opens up once you hook it up to your computer with the not-included OMNIHIL/usb cable. It would have been nice for Boss to include the footswitch instead of it being an optional extra purchase. It's not really needed if you're jamming at your house alone, but I would want one for a gig. Overall, this thing rocks. I'd definitely recommend it. This solid state stuff has come so far compared to the old Peavey transtube stuff my friends and I had way back in high school.

"Solid state has arrived" submitted October 31, 2017

By Mat G in Los Angeles, CA
Musical Background: Full time pro, playing over 50 years
Music Style: Just about everything as a session player
Overall: Between this technology and Quilter, there really are toneful options to Tube Amps. Some time and experimenting is needed to get things dialed in properly because the settings are very responsive and interactive. If this model had a true line out, it would be a perfect small venue amp. I have used it on large stages with a mic and it pushes a lot of air for its size. I never bring my heavy to e machines anymore to live gigs

When you call, mention priority code 1ZS-J34H. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST