When you call, mention priority code 202-XXY0

Rating and Reviews: Boss Katana-50 Combo Amp

Rock out with 5 unique "character" voicings and 55 built-in Boss effects. A tonal chameleon, this 50-watt 1x12" combo amp is your portable practice partner.

"Great amp" submitted November 12, 2016

By Wally A in Ingleside, IL
Musical Background: I have been playing guitar off and on since 1977
Music Style: I enjoy classic rock, heavy metal and country music.
Overall: I have had many amps over the years, both solid-state & tube. This amp beats all solid-state amps I have owned. It is very responsive to your playing and the built-in effects are top notch. I can practice at a low wattage at home and not bother anybody or take to band practice and sound awesome at 50W...pedal friendly

"SMALL 25lb 50 Watt 1x12 Open Backed Combo. BINGO!" submitted March 5, 2017

By Kelly M in Sandpoint, ID
Overall
Musical Background: Gigging guitarist for 40 years (on and off...).
Music Style: Rock 'N' Roll, Pop, Soul, R'n'B, Country and Western.
Overall: Just to be clear, I got the BOSS Katana-50 to use as a small, powerful, clean, full voiced amp platform for a modeling pedal (Fender Mustang Floor). For that purpose this amp would be tough to beat at any price, much less $199 IMHO. The on-board amp tones and effects are totally worthy, although I must say the all overdriven amp selections filter too much low end for my tastes. To be fair, it is sold as the Katana that will "Cut Through" as it says right on the factory carton. I use the "Clean" setting with the gain at about noon. It sounds great. BTW, I could totally use the amp as a grab and go. The on-board tones and effects are first rate. It's light, small, and loud in the right way. Recommended. P.S. I'm really hoping this amp proves to be as rugged and reliable as the other BOSS/Roland products I have owned and used. They have all been rock solid.

"Great sound, low price" submitted April 22, 2017

By matthew s in cape coral , FL
Overall
Musical Background: 10 years of playing, not gigging.
Music Style: blues and classic rock, hard rock.
Overall: I recently received the Katana 50 and shortly after sold my Bugera V22 and my Yamaha THR5. the ease of use of this amp is great, and it does sound great after you take your time to dial it in. IMHO its much better sounding the Roland cube amp (excluding the blues cubes) the effects are good but they are Boss so if you dont like boss effects, you might want to try some pedals. I have not tried pedals in it but from my understanding, it takes them well. its a very light amp, Which makes it feel cheaper to me. and the only reason i knocked features down a little is that it would have been nice to have a tuner on it. the facts that i can change the wattage is fantastic and it does sound good at lower volumes but i have noticed that it reacts as a tube amp would in that it sounds better turned up. If you are a gigging musician go for the 100 watt i think it would be better for the clean channel to cut through the mix. it sounds great and could very well replace your cheaper tube amps (bugera come to mind) but it certainly will not replace my mesa boogie express.

"Boss Katana-50" submitted October 24, 2017

By Steve N in Chandler, AZ
Overall
Musical Background: Play guitar in a classic rock band. Gigging for the last 15 years
Music Style: Classic rock, blues, southern rock, country rock!
Overall: Boss Katana-50 is a nice little light weight practice amp that sounds decent enough. Got tired of dragging 40lb+ amps around for weekly practices. Also tired of putting my gigging amps through the wear and tear and daily practice grind. You have to play with it for awhile to dial in the sounds you need but this little 50w amp gets it done. I use mainly for practice at home and I have even used it at our regular weekly band practice and it will keep up and it will cut through the mix. It doesn't sound totally awesome but for the price and ease of use, it ain't too bad!

"Solid state has arrived" submitted October 31, 2017

By Mat G in Los Angeles, CA
Musical Background: Full time pro, playing over 50 years
Music Style: Just about everything as a session player
Overall: Between this technology and Quilter, there really are toneful options to Tube Amps. Some time and experimenting is needed to get things dialed in properly because the settings are very responsive and interactive. If this model had a true line out, it would be a perfect small venue amp. I have used it on large stages with a mic and it pushes a lot of air for its size. I never bring my heavy to e machines anymore to live gigs

When you call, mention priority code 202-XXY0. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449