Boss Katana-100 MkII Guitar Combo Amplifier (100 Watts, 1x12")

Boss Katana-100 MkII Guitar Combo Amplifier (100 Watts, 1x12")

The Katana 100 MkII can dial in any tone for any style -- vintage to modern. Loaded with familiar Boss effects, this amp makes it easy to get a great sound.

Overall:
Overall:
Submitted December 10, 2019 by a customer from gmail.com
"Middle-of-the-Road but Good Value"
I'm really into the sounds this amp creates. There is one major drawback from me that I'm surprised doesn't pop up in other reviews - maybe it's just my bad hearing, but I feel like there is very little bass response in this speaker. It's a pretty flat sound unless you are directly in front of the speaker which, who ever is on a floor standing amp. I may mic it up to deal with this issue or output to a computer with monitor speakers. Either way, this is yet more gear I need to buy to deal with the issue. All that aside, this thing is packed with great quality amp sounds a effects. The 2x12 may deal with the spread of the bass frequencies, and it also includes cabinet modeling (not on this model). It would be nice to be able to control from a tablet or phone because of the fact I don't have a computer at home to dial in more nuanced sounds with Boss Tone Studio. As a practice amp, it's great.
Metal
2 of 2 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted June 12, 2020 by a customer from gmail.com
"Sounds fine, build quality lacking"
I wanted to see what all the hype was about with the katana series, so I ordered one. It’s pretty much as advertised. It sounds good and is plenty versatile. A very practical choice for most home players who want the ability to jam and gig. You can’t expect perfection at this price, but there are things about the build quality that make it feel as cheap as it is. Cabinet components are glued in and there are gaps and some excess glue. Not a deal breaker for most, but worth mentioning.
1 of 1 people (100%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 25, 2020 by a customer from yahoo.com
"This is a fantastic amp."
This amp has any effect you may need, and has great sounding amp models. There is a lot of customization, and you could pretty much achieve any tone you could think of, especially when using the boss tone studio on PC.

Submitted November 26, 2019 by Joe H in Buckley, WA
"Great sounding amp."
Having a great time finding sounds that get me off!Easy tweaking and saving banks. Daem loud 100 watts for SS. I've got Plexi's and a JMP plugged into 412's. I know loud. This lil 100 watt combo surprised me. Plenty of volume for rehearsals/gigs. Get the foot switch for gigging. Have your saved banks at the tap of a foot. Having a blast with it even though I own very killer amps. Glad I added it to the stable of fun. Excellent grab and go amp.
Guitarist
Blues, rock and hard rock.
4 of 5 people (80%) people found this review helpful. Did you?

Submitted July 8, 2020 by Rick D in Quincy, MA
"Look elsewhere overhyped better amps out there"
Sound is average, not even close to same volume as tube amp as advertised, and software for amp is unusable
Playing for 25 years and own many amps
Rock, Metal, Blues
1 of 3 people (33%) people found this review helpful. Did you?