When you call, mention priority code 202-GLSQ

Rating and Reviews: Blackstar HT Stage 60 MkII

Enjoy enhanced clean tones and two rich, complex overdrive channels -- all powered by ECC83, ECC82 and EL34 tubes -- with the Blackstar HT Stage 60 MkII.

"Blackstar HT Stage 60 MkII - Awesome!" submitted March 11, 2018

By Daniel Houck in Charlotte, NC
Overall
Musical Background: I've been playing guitar for 38 years, I write and record at my private studio and play-out professionally
Music Style: Rock, Blues Metal, Funk
Overall: I got this amp from zZounds using their payment plan. Really put it within reach for me. At first I was ok with the amp, it was very nice but their were some things about the tone that wasn't doing it for me. Then... I found out it has external bias adjustments, (meaning you don't have to drop the head from the combo to get to the adjustment screws. to Bias the output tubes) They even included a green and red LED for each adjustment, so you don't need any special equipment to do this. I set the balance adjustment (the hole closest to the tubes) so both LEDS are out. Then I adjusted the drive (the hole further from the tubes). On this adjustment the LEDS tell you Cool -(green) and Hot - (red). I took it into the red then backed off just enough for the red LED to go out. So it was at the top of the range. It made this amp come alive. I was totally blown away. It has been about 3 months since I did this and I'm still loving the tone. I have Fat / Thick cleans, nice 1/2 distorted for playing rhythm, then super saturated for getting heavy and shredding leads. For pedals, I only use a sonic maximizer and my Wah pedal. Nothing else is needed. Another featured that I figured would suck, but doesn't, is the Line Out with 4x12 or 1x12 simulation modes. I have NEVER (i mean Never) had a direct out that was usable in any way. This one is beyond usable, it actually sounds very nice. I blend it with the 2 mics I put on it , (Cascade Fat Head II ribbon and a MD421) and get a great sound. Anyway, if you're at least a little bit handy, it's pretty easy to dial in this amp. BTW, I'm using an '83 American Stratocaster with 1 SD Hot Rail and the 2 stock single coils that came in it. Hot rail for distortion, and the single coils for clean playing. I have finally found a Combo that I can use for playing-out, and not feel like I'm compromising. My Big rig is a rack system with ADA preamp, Mesa Boogie 50/50 and 2 Marshal 4x12's. And after 25 years, I think I may be able to stop using.

"Last amp I'll ever buy" submitted August 31, 2018

By Walt M in Wilmington, NC
Musical Background: Lead guitarist. 30 years experience. Play for a living
Music Style: Rock, Reggae, Country
Overall: This amp is an incredible value. Yes it's made it China. What isn't anymore. The only negative thing i have to say about the amp is the crappy 2 button footswitch that comes with it. I HIGHLY recommend getting the 5 button footswitch....if you can find one. I got my amp from zZounds....awesome company and service....but they did not have the 5 button footswitch which adds a whole new level of flexibility to the amp. I had to wait on a 30 day back order for the FSW. It was worth the wait. The option to switch the voices on and off on each channel is really cool. The tone of this amp is really incredible. The clean channel can do Fender or switch to a more gritty tone like an old VOX or Marshall. The 1st OD channel picks up from there with nice gritty Plexi like tones all the way up JCM 800 chunk. Kick in the voice and you've got even more gain and top end. The 2nd OD channel sounds best to me with voice left on. It's kind of muddy sounding without it and the channels share the EQ so that's a bit of a drawback but I can live with that. I set that channel up for soloing and leave it that way. The cabinet voiced direct out sounds great and you can choose different cab sims. i use the 4x12. I use it live as well as miking and my tone is fat and thick as thieves I use FX but I only use the amp for distortion. I'm using a Digitech RP1000 for FX and I play a USA Fender Elite Strat as well as a couple of Shecters. I bought every piece of gear I own from zZounds.through their payment plan.It's a great company and their the only ones that offer a no credit check payment plan with no interest. Pay your bill on time and they increase your limit and give you more time. How cool is that for a poor working musician? Overall you can't go wrong with this amp. I shaved a couple of stars off features because I think the full function foot switch should come with the amp It's another $80.

"HT Stage 60 total crap" submitted March 9, 2018

By Phil S in Charlotte, NC
Musical Background: I've been playing for over 50 years
Music Style: Jazz, classic rock, pop
Overall: I bought this amp used but was in great shape still had stickers on it. Wasn't long till the tubes went out. I replaced them and after a year and a half the thing quit working all together. I've had tube amps before. A couple of Fenders and an Ampeg. Never problems like these so early on. Then to top it off it's hard to find anyone to work on these things. I'll never by another and will be selling this one if I can get it fixed. Total junk and lousy customer support.

When you call, mention priority code 202-GLSQ. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST