When you call, mention priority code 20K-V1WY

Rating and Reviews: Behringer UMC202HD

Behringer takes it up a notch with this "HD" model of their USB audio interface! Record through 2 Midas mic preamps at pro-quality 192 kHz/24-bit resolution.

"Big Bang for the Buck!!" submitted June 24, 2018

By Mike C in Waynesboro, MS
Overall
Musical Background: 47 years as a player; play guitar, bass, and drums in a Praise/Worship team and led team for several years. Jam at home
Music Style: Rock, Blues, Country, Christian
Overall: Being very new to recording, I was hesitant to spend a lot of money on an interface only to find out that recording was too complex or too time consuming for me. I am 59 and a lifelong guitar player that wanted to capture some of my playing digitally before I get too much older and don't have the dexterity that I now have. I use GarageBand and must say that this has truly been a plug-n-play device for me. GB immediately found the UMC202HD device upon starting the app and assigned it automatically as my input/output device. So all I had to do then was set the I/O levels and I was off and running laying down a new track for a song. I was amazed at how much better my virtual guitar amps sounded with this device. I haven't tried a microphone yet, but I expect that it will be just as pleasant an experience. The pad switch on the inputs is a very nice touch which I immediately found handy. This device seems to be very quiet as well. I would encourage anyone who is on a budget or like me and didn't want to spend a lot of money on an interface only to find out that recording is too time consuming or they don't enjoy it, to buy this interface. If you are planning to spend $100 -$125 on a new 2 channel interface, I strongly recommend that you buy this one instead as you will not be disappointed. With zZounds excellent returns policy, you have nothing to lose by trying it. I can't speak for the longevity of this device yet, but at $59, even if it bites the dust in 2 years, I would gladly purchase the same model again or possibly upgrade to a Behringer with more I/O channels if needed. I was using a 2 year old USB Cable/Interface that I paid $40 for because I did not want to spend $150 at the time to find out that recording was not for me. Needless to say, that cable interface worked just well enough that I figured out how to use GB, but latency was an issue that would occur frequently and I would have to restart GB. Now I am wowed by the difference in sound quality and have not observed any latency when recording guitar and bass. I too have not received my Tracktion software key via email even though I registered successfully. I downloaded all of the free Mac plug-ins on the Behringer site but I have been unable to find them in Garageband even after several reboots of the app. I have not contacted support yet, but may do so in a few days. Right now, I am just having fun with what I have.

"Surprising new entry for USB Recording" submitted June 8, 2015

By Jarrod Barger in Phoenix, AZ
Musical Background: Audio Engineer and Technical Director
Music Style: Jazz, Classical, Theatre, Spoken Word, World
Sound: Surprisingly good! It seems that Behringer learned something from buying Midas. I get a clean, consistent 48v signal and very little if any noise. The pots are quiet and overall does a great job! Feature: It comes with the standard feature set that you find with most two channel interfaces, but it does them well. Ease of Use: *Almost* plug and play. I say almost because no matter what I do, my production office copy of ProTools 11 Still won't play ball with it. But Sonar X3, Reaper, Ableton Live and Studio One all have no problems whatsoever. And, it makes for a great podcasting/Google Hangout interface too! This really is a great little box for someone who wants to start recording on their own to get into things. This with a $60 license of Reaper can get ANYONE recording! I would of killed for a cheap and easy option like this 10 years ago Quality: I have only had it for a little over 8 months, but surprisingly good! Dunno if I want to count my chickens before they hatch (because it is still Behringer), but I have been pleasantly surprised Value: While there are some others that play in this category, I refuse to acknowledge PreSonus. That makes Behringer one of the best buys I've found under $100 Manufacturer Support: Haven't had to use it yet... in the past they were as bad as PreSonus, but these days, they may be improving. But, no need to use them yet The Wow Factor: While it looks cooler than the other boxes, it is still just a box. The Wow factor comes from the fact that it's actually made by Behringer... and it's actually GOOD! If they keep doing stuff like this, I may buy much more from them Overall: I got this as a "fluff" item to fill out one of zZounds financing requirements to get an order to a certain total. I didn't expect much given my previous experience with Behringer. But, I do have to say I am pleasantly surprised! Feels surprisingly good in quality (better than PreSonus... which isn't hard... and even better than Focusrite). But, no one cares how an interface feels or looks, just sounds. And... this one does the job well! Totally USB powered and easy to use, with no extras you don't need. Even the knobs and switches feel pretty solid. The *only* thing I would change is to put the phantom power switch on the front, but that is a small complaint.

"The little train that can" submitted September 15, 2018

By Darryl Carter in Elizabeth City, NC
Overall
Musical Background: 13yrs set my artist up with quality music for their shows and websites
Music Style: Hip hop, Boom bap, Rap, Trap, R&b,Dance,Dubstep
Overall: I just got this like three days ago I looked at it was like no way this little thing going out preform my m- audio interface then I compared it to the Steinberg ur22. This little monster can do it all. Plus with a db pad cut button and direct monitoring button. Not to even mention the clear crisp direct sound this little monster puts out. And I tested in fl studio,Reason,sonar,cubase, and the mpc software. It's legit I would recommend this little monster to any one. And I'm willing to stand by it. I been producing and engineering 13yrs. Using outboard and other things. O yea and sampling threw it with my phone.

"Frustrated trying to get product working" submitted November 8, 2017

Overall
Overall: I'm not new to USB interfaces, but a bit baffled why it's taking so long to get my download code for Traction software. It requires an upload of receipt (which is weird because I ASSUME it means the one from zZounds???) but upon submitting the registration, it says you will receive email, NO EMAIL and tech support is EMAIL ONLY - which translated means I'm likely to receive a bunch of emails with links to the directions that aren't specfic and all say 'you will receive email.' So - at first unboxing I'm not happy with the support of this product. Box itself 'seems' durable, but boy would be nice to use it! I'll update IF I get it working.

When you call, mention priority code 20K-V1WY. Llame Gratis en Español: 844-432-7449
Lunes-Domingo de 9AM a 7PM EST